More from the "Religion of Peace" (tm)

I can post on my phone, I cannot pray on my phone and believe it or not I get weird looks if I start prayer in the middle of a hospital.

Hospital doesn't have a chapel? You gotta admit, there is something a little off about interrupting work to post here on the phone, but not interrupting for prayer...

Serious question, though: I know Islam allows one to "skip" and make up prayers at a later time if conditions don't permit (holdover from the REALLY old days, when you couldn't exactly interrupt a battle in the desert to pray). But I've never seen any agreement on whether or not "I'm at work" is a sufficient reason or not. Most of the Muslims I've worked with are perfectly willing to interrupt a normal working day (e.g. not on a conference call with the client - in your case, I suppose a bedpan emergency or something) to grab an empty office for ten minutes. The two in my office now are pretty evenly split: one says "not sufficient", the other says "yeah, it is".

Nice thing about Islam, it at least allows that flexibility.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are even easier than your ball washing buddy (the one who claimed you were pre-med) to get all riled up. You guys just don't have a sense of humor, do you? You can't take a little good natured ribbing (country style) and can't even laugh at a cartoon. Seriously now, have you always been this much of a prude or did that just start a year or so ago?

BTW, why didn't you start school before the age of 7?

Do you consider pre-k & k school?

You know for something to be "good natured" and all that you kinda have to know the person or be on good terms with them. You're an annoying !@#$ who throughout this entire thread has misrepresented himself as both intelligent and well meaning. You're just one of those pathetic herbs who patrols the internet looking to piss someone off for whatever reason. !@#$in' Patton Oswalt clone.

You are even easier than your ball washing buddy (the one who claimed you were pre-med) to get all riled up. You guys just don't have a sense of humor, do you? You can't take a little good natured ribbing (country style) and can't even laugh at a cartoon. Seriously now, have you always been this much of a prude or did that just start a year or so ago?

BTW, why didn't you start school before the age of 7?

In all fairness, they did use the word "around." "Around 7" Excluding kindergarten I suppose, even know they did use K-12. Splitting hairs I suppose and being OCD.

In all fairness, they did use the word "around." "Around 7" Excluding kindergarten I suppose, even know they did use K-12. Splitting hairs I suppose and being OCD.

Did you see that? Don't worry it was so far over your head you wouldn't have had to duck if you were on top of a cell tower. "Making it flow backwards" is just another admission that you have diarrhea of the mouth.

Hospital doesn't have a chapel? You gotta admit, there is something a little off about interrupting work to post here on the phone, but not interrupting for prayer...

Serious question, though: I know Islam allows one to "skip" and make up prayers at a later time if conditions don't permit (holdover from the REALLY old days, when you couldn't exactly interrupt a battle in the desert to pray). But I've never seen any agreement on whether or not "I'm at work" is a sufficient reason or not. Most of the Muslims I've worked with are perfectly willing to interrupt a normal working day (e.g. not on a conference call with the client - in your case, I suppose a bedpan emergency or something) to grab an empty office for ten minutes. The two in my office now are pretty evenly split: one says "not sufficient", the other says "yeah, it is".

Nice thing about Islam, it at least allows that flexibility.

Tom, sometimes while one is at work they have to sit through a lecture or a meeting and that was the case with me today. I still don't get why I'm "under the knife", I haven't questioned all the devout Christians about their daily rituals concerning their faith. Obviously this is an attempt to make me seem like a "Bad Muslim" or whatever but really it's childish to assume any of that. As for why I can text on here it's because I'm in room with eight other people sitting through an instruction lecture(one I've sat through three times so it's not important I pay attention/No, I'm not sitting through it again because I couldn't get it right. I sat through it at school, G.Y.S. & a week ago, but someone forgot to tell Dr. "No".)...

All of that crap aside Tom, you're a pretty smart dude and even though you like to !@#$ with people from time to time you're alright.

It's from that feeling of peace that I understand Christians & Jews better, they both went through periods in World History when they were both hunted and haunted for their faiths. Unlike them though I hope that this pyrrhic persecution does not change us as it did the both of them and most important of all that we survive. Because unlike in times past the world is connected more so than ever, the technology for distruction isn't limited to "The First Born" or feeding believers to the Lions, Muslims today are subject to chemical warfare & genocide the likes none has ever seen. So yes the extremists are dancing on razor blades, the true peacefull believer prays for forgiveness of their enemies and those in between hope for a miracle. Divine intervention cannot come soon enough...

Now I'm sure someone will respond like an ape, I'm sure someone will rip this apart piece by piece and call me a "Bozo", but when children speak...does the adult feel slighted?

Which genocide? The Janjaweed cleansing of Sudanese tribesman? Iraq cleansing the Kurds? Or the Turkish genocide of the Armenians which was the inspiration for all the major atrocities of the 20th century? The only notable gas attack on Muslims I can recall occurred during the Iraq-Iran War, unless you're counting tear gas in Gaza. And before you cue your standard "the West used the Islamic world as puppets" lets review the reality of the Islamic landscape.

Arabs absolutely despise Persians and Persians loathe the idea of being lumped in with Arabs. Egyptians have little respect for their Saudi contemporaries, who they view as devout but practicing a largely ignorant an uneducated brand of Islam. Saudis, Egyptians and Persians can all agree that the Pakistanis, Bangladeshis, Indonesians, Malaysians and Filipinos are dogs. And all the aforementioned look down their noses at the Nation of Islam here in the Americas. And lets not forget the Sunnis and Shi'ites. Sunnis and Shi'ites are waging daily warfare in Iraq, and have been at each others throats since the dawn of Islam. When you factor in the Iran Iraq war which cost millions of lives, the hundreds of thousands turning up in mass graves in Iraq, the Somali civil war, Libyan civil war, the Northern Alliance having at it with the Taliban and the Taliban/Al Qaeda at war with women, education, music, and the beardless, you'll see that the largest loss of Muslim life through violence over the past 50 years has occurred at the hands of other Muslims. So just drop the notion that the Islamic world is one united front striving for social justice against Western aggression. The day to day violence in the Middle East is a continuation of centuries of grudges and tribal feuds.

Pyrrhic persecution? If you'd like to discuss a pyrrhic effort look no further than radical Islam picking a fight with EVERYONE ELSE. Hows that working out?

Of course we don't feel slighted when you string together a few run on sentences riddled with false analogies, words you clearly can't define and nonsense, Romeo. We're just trying to help you. We know you recently converted to Islam and we are simply trying to bring you up to speed.

I look forward to your next "America is bad! They start every war! Christians did bad things too" response, which you think absolves all sins. Slowly but surely you've exposed your sympathy to the fundamentalist movement. There's no doubt in my mind that your attitude regarding terror attacks in Europe and the States as "what goes around comes around." If that's how you feel, fine. I have no problem with that as long as you understand that in your position you effectively waive your right to complain if Islam gets the raw end of this deal.

Which genocide? The Janjaweed cleansing of Sudanese tribesman? Iraq cleansing the Kurds? Or the Turkish genocide of the Armenians which was the inspiration for all the major atrocities of the 20th century? The only notable gas attack on Muslims I can recall occurred during the Iraq-Iran War, unless you're counting tear gas in Gaza. And before you cue your standard "the West used the Islamic world as puppets" lets review the reality of the Islamic landscape.

Arabs absolutely despise Persians and Persians loathe the idea of being lumped in with Arabs. Egyptians have little respect for their Saudi contemporaries, who they view as devout but practicing a largely ignorant an uneducated brand of Islam. Saudis, Egyptians and Persians can all agree that the Pakistanis, Bangladeshis, Indonesians, Malaysians and Filipinos are dogs. And all the aforementioned look down their noses at the Nation of Islam here in the Americas. And lets not forget the Sunnis and Shi'ites. Sunnis and Shi'ites are waging daily warfare in Iraq, and have been at each others throats since the dawn of Islam. When you factor in the Iran Iraq war which cost millions of lives, the hundreds of thousands turning up in mass graves in Iraq, the Somali civil war, Libyan civil war, the Northern Alliance having at it with the Taliban and the Taliban/Al Qaeda at war with women, education, music, and the beardless, you'll see that the largest loss of Muslim life through violence over the past 50 years has occurred at the hands of other Muslims. So just drop the notion that the Islamic world is one united front striving for social justice against Western aggression. The day to day violence in the Middle East is a continuation of centuries of grudges and tribal feuds.

Pyrrhic persecution? If you'd like to discuss a pyrrhic effort look no further than radical Islam picking a fight with EVERYONE ELSE. Hows that working out?

Of course we don't feel slighted when you string together a few run on sentences riddled with false analogies, words you clearly can't define and nonsense, Romeo. We're just trying to help you. We know you recently converted to Islam and we are simply trying to bring you up to speed.

I look forward to your next "America is bad! They start every war! Christians did bad things too" response, which you think absolves all sins. Slowly but surely you've exposed your sympathy to the fundamentalist movement. There's no doubt in my mind that your attitude regarding terror attacks in Europe and the States as "what goes around comes around." If that's how you feel, fine. I have no problem with that as long as you understand that in your position you effectively waive your right to complain if Islam gets the raw end of this deal.

I never claimed a world euphoria, my point this entire time is that all people are the result of provocation and that religion is not the reason for their woes. Christians, Muslims, Jews, ect. It doesn't matter, politics have always determined man's great plight, the United States currently rules supreme over the world as the Puppet Master(or Puppet, opinions vary) but they're apart of the downward spiral this world is experiencing. I'm an American, my Grandfather served in WWII and I was in the US Navy reserve and I'm sick of seeing this country ruin itself for the sake of greed. We wage war for oil deposits & "positioning", we invade distant lands and neglect the people of our own nation.

We're not going to agree, we both want to be right and that is the purest definition of greed. Guilty as charged. Hopefully you feel the same...

Do you consider pre-k & k school?

You know for something to be "good natured" and all that you kinda have to know the person or be on good terms with them. You're an annoying !@#$ who throughout this entire thread has misrepresented himself as both intelligent and well meaning. You're just one of those pathetic herbs who patrols the internet looking to piss someone off for whatever reason. !@#$in' Patton Oswalt clone.

OK, now I see what I'm dealing with here. You include K-12 as school (post # 258) and then try to tell me I can't consider K? OK then genius I won't include K as part of your 22 years of schooling and figure you were only held back one year when you started school. So, why have you been in school for 23 years and still be in pre-med status? Or, if you aren't pre-med was your buddy lying? So, I've misrepresented myself as intelligent and well meaning? So in other words your impression of me was that I was intelligent and well meaning, but since I may not agree with you or bust your balls a little I'm obviously misrepresenting myself? Hell, you deserved to have your balls busted just for that full page posting you made earlier in this thread.

You need to lighten up. It must be a pretty miserable life when you go around with the hairs on the back of your neck standing up most of the time.

How old were you in 1st grade? Answer that and you'll see my point.

Dude you attack people personally and you don't expect them to get upset? !@#$ing child.

How old was I in first grade? How would that prove a !@#$ing thing? When I first busted your balls all you would have had to do was laugh it off, but no, you tried to bs your way out of it and got called on it. You are acting like an azz. Go spew your Puppetmaster, evil America schit and I'll be the one having a drink while you'll be the sanctimonious prick walking around with a stick up his azz.

I never claimed a world euphoria, my point this entire time is that all people are the result of provocation and that religion is not the reason for their woes. Christians, Muslims, Jews, ect. It doesn't matter, politics have always determined man's great plight, the United States currently rules supreme over the world as the Puppet Master(or Puppet, opinions vary) but they're apart of the downward spiral this world is experiencing. I'm an American, my Grandfather served in WWII and I was in the US Navy reserve and I'm sick of seeing this country ruin itself for the sake of greed. We wage war for oil deposits & "positioning", we invade distant lands and neglect the people of our own nation.

We're not going to agree, we both want to be right and that is the purest definition of greed. Guilty as charged. Hopefully you feel the same...

How can puppets rule supreme? How can I possibly agree with non-sensical drivel like that?

Your "point" has nothing to do with the original topic. When I posed a question to you and NoJustice regarding the political climate in Europe and asked for your views on proposed legislation designed to curb what they're calling the "Islamification" of Europe, you two totally dodged the issue and responded with a litany of "you started it. Christians did evil things too. American is hyper violent."

The changes happening in Europe, which could cross the pond at some point, will require a response from the true Muslim community. It will require the real Muslim community to have an honest discussion about the radical element in their ranks, take measures to counter the fundamental trend, and demonstrate through their actions that they truly stand for peace and have no sympathy for the fundamentalist movement. When the West turns to the moderate Muslims and asks "who are these people who say they represent you and why are they killing us?" and the response is "of course terrorism is bad, BUT YOU F'ING STARTED IT! WHAT DID YOU EXPECT? CHRISTIANS AND AMERICANS ARE SUPER VIOLENT TOO AND THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT," its probably not going to turn out very well. And that would truly be a shame.

Edited by Jauronimo

How can puppets rule supreme? How can I possibly agree with non-sensical drivel like that?

Your "point" has nothing to do with the original topic. When I posed a question to you and NoJustice regarding the political climate in Europe and asked for your views on proposed legislation designed to curb what they're calling the "Islamification" of Europe, you two totally dodged the issue and responded with a litany of "you started it. Christians did evil things too. American is hyper violent." The changes happening in Europe, which could cross the pond at some point, will require a response from true Muslim community. It will require the real Muslim community to have an honest discussion about the radical element in their ranks and to take measures to counter the fundamental trend. And when the West turns to the moderate Muslims and asks "who are these people who say they represent you and why are they killing us?" and the response is "of course terrorism is bad, BUT YOU F'ING STARTED IT! WHAT DID YOU EXPECT? CHRISTIANS AND AMERICANS ARE SUPER VIOLENT TOO AND THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT," its probably not going to turn out very well. And that would truly be a shame.

I've been back and forth with NoJustice in the past and Romeo seems to be his twin brother in that they inevitably change the subject, get defensive and turn it into a "woe is me" type of a thing.

It's funny how you demand us to admit to be radical or having a radical element when you cannot admit the same! Also how did "we" start this, the title is offense you moron! This entire time you've attacked us and you're surprised at the response?

Dude you're a manipulator! You cannot answer a simple !@#$ing question!

The mods would know what the IP addresses are.

I'm not saying they are one and the same. No one person could spew the amount of schit in as little of time as they have spewed schit.

It's funny how you demand us to admit to be radical or having a radical element when you cannot admit the same! Also how did "we" start this, the title is offense you moron! This entire time you've attacked us and you're surprised at the response?

Dude you're a manipulator! You cannot answer a simple !@#$ing question!

I'm assuming you are addressing me (if so, quote me) but if you are referring about your question as to how old I was when I started K then it was a meaningless question and designed to confuse the issue.

Your "point" has nothing to do with the original topic. When I posed a question to you and NoJustice regarding the political climate in Europe and asked for your views on proposed legislation designed to curb what they're calling the "Islamification" of Europe, you two totally dodged the issue and responded with a litany of "you started it. Christians did evil things too. American is hyper violent."

The changes happening in Europe, which could cross the pond at some point, will require a response from the true Muslim community. It will require the real Muslim community to have an honest discussion about the radical element in their ranks, take measures to counter the fundamental trend, and demonstrate through their actions that they truly stand for peace and have no sympathy for the fundamentalist movement. When the West turns to the moderate Muslims and asks "who are these people who say they represent you and why are they killing us?" and the response is "of course terrorism is bad, BUT YOU F'ING STARTED IT! WHAT DID YOU EXPECT? CHRISTIANS AND AMERICANS ARE SUPER VIOLENT TOO AND THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT," its probably not going to turn out very well. And that would truly be a shame.

Honestly, I don't know and I don't care. I'm here to discuss "the religion of peace" remark and simply point out that the Muslims aren't the only ones that are violent people. That's it, nothing more, nothing else. If that's not acceptable to you, too bad.