MF Global

I love when liberals try their hand at the private sector and fail miserably.

:lol:

If this was Chris Christie the word "republican" would be all over the article.

Yeah, like Corzine's entire business career is categorized as a miserable failure. Wonder how he came up with $100 mil to buy the NJ's Senate seat & governorship?

I guess he doesn't have a john.corzine@yahoo.com business email account, so he's a failure.

Yeah, like Corzine's entire business career is categorized as a miserable failure. Wonder how he came up with $100 mil to buy the NJ's Senate seat & governorship?

I guess he doesn't have a john.corzine@yahoo.com business email account, so he's a failure.

Why are you getting so butthurt over Jon Corzine? Are you a Corzine Fanboy? Do you have picture of him all over your moms basement (your room)?

Why are you getting so butthurt over Jon Corzine? Are you a Corzine Fanboy? Do you have picture of him all over your moms basement (your room)?

No, I'm just pointing out again that you're an idiot. Corzine was very successful in the private sector.

Saying Corzine was "very successful in the private sector" is like saying Barry Switzer was a good NFL coach because he won a Super Bowl.

You're right, rising up to co-head Goldman Sachs is the equivalent of being a football team owner's buddy.

There should be a moratorium on Dave posters on this board.

You're right, rising up to co-head Goldman Sachs is the equivalent of being a football team owner's buddy.

There should be a moratorium on Dave posters on this board.

http://news.yahoo.com/colleagues-corzine-instrumental-mf-globals-collapse-190311994.html

In The Washington Post, associates tell the paper he "was known to make trades himself at the firm" and that "they personally warned him about the dangers of acuiring European debt, but that he shurrged them off." The paper adds: "That extreme self-confidence was well known among his peers." Explaining his personal betting splurge, The Wall Street Journal reports that "In late 2010, Mr. Corzine started making big bets on bonds issued by European countries. He sometimes placed orders himself based on a list of prices left with an assistant, according to people familiar with the situation. Mr. Corzine, who made his name and fortune as a Treasury bond trader at Goldman, was convinced that sovereign debt from countries like Italy and Spain with high yields was a steal, these people said." In The Star-Ledger, a source close to Corzine pinned the blamed squarely on him. "If you bet the ranch, sometimes you can lose the ranch."