Pats are NOT Tied with the Bills

The Avenger

No. Also, "tiebreakers", by definition, are used to break ties. So we definitely are tied. If the tiebreaker was applied, that would break the tie, but until that happens, it's a tie.

Holy crap, you guys have managed to turn this into Schrodinger's cat!!

"We are definitely tied" you say.

You also say by "tiebreakers, by definition, are used to break ties."

So if we are "definitely tied" and "tiebreakers break ties" and we have the head-to-head tiebreaker over the Pats*, THEN WE'RE NOT TIED!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Also, "tiebreakers", by definition, are used to break ties. So we definitely are tied. If the tiebreaker was applied, that would break the tie, but until that happens, it's a tie.

Correctamundo. If they weren't tied to begin with, we wouldn't need to be discussing the "tie-BREAKER" about the Bills beating the Pats.

Obviously, "tied" refers to W-L record (and always does).

p.s. what a ridiculous thread for October.

So all the media here in the Boston area are proclaiming that the Pats are now "tied atop the AFC East with Buffalo" - too bad they're not actually tied. We have the same record, but the Bills have a better AFC East record and, oh yeah, the BILLS BEAT THE PATS HEAD TO HEAD. Saying the Bills and Pats are tied is like saying I am tied with Bruce Smith for sacks this year....

This topic really relevant heading in to week 8?

So if they're not tied, why are you going to tiebreakers?

OMFG, they're not tied BECAUSE OF THE TIEBREAKER.

Oh, look, two teams have the same record. Is there any way to determine whether one should CURRENTLY be seeded ahead of the other?

In fact there is!

Oh, for my arbitrary curiosity, if I had to say RIGHT NOW which one would be deserving of the higher seed, which team would it be?

Well, let's apply the tiebreaker...and it is...Buffalo.

Buffalo? No ****. Welp, thank you.

No problem.

Have a good one.

You bet.

This seems to really bother you.

They should call it something else then. Tiebreaker implies the two teams are tied.

I guess by your logic, following the first game of the season no 2 teams are ever tied? That seems weird, but I'll go along with it, as long as you can get the NFL to call tiebreakers something else.

Look, bro.

If Bills fans can't enjoy being first in the AFC East AHEAD of the Pats*, in WEEK EIGHT, and have to apply logic and technicalities to "temper expectations," then for Pete's sake nothing, and I mean NOTHING could possibly ever satisfy their warped and twisted gloomlife.

JUST SAVOR IT, ANYWAY AND FOR AS LONG AS YOU CAN.

Put the GD lid back on the Haterade. **** is spilling everywhere.

Look, bro.

If Bills fans can't enjoy being first in the AFC East AHEAD of the Pats*, in WEEK EIGHT, and have to apply logic and technicalities to "temper expectations," then for Pete's sake nothing, and I mean NOTHING could possibly ever satisfy their warped and twisted gloomlife.

JUST SAVOR IT, ANYWAY AND FOR AS LONG AS YOU CAN.

Put the GD lid back on the Haterade. **** is spilling everywhere.

I'm ok with being tied for first place. I am enjoying it. I just think it's weird that you (and apparently others) think that tiebreakers should be applied before week 17. Also, I wouldn't even know where one could purchase "Haterade" did you call it? Does it make you angry? You sound angry.

This topic really relevant heading in to week 8?

Only if both teams claim the same player off of waivers.

They should call it something else then. Tiebreaker implies the two teams are tied.

I guess by your logic, following the first game of the season no 2 teams are ever tied? That seems weird, but I'll go along with it, as long as you can get the NFL to call tiebreakers something else.

So wait. If they are no longer tied once they apply the tie breakers, that means the tie breakers were never applied in the first place... which means they're still tied and need to use the tie breakers... So when does Kyle Reese come into play?

So wait. If they are no longer tied once they apply the tie breakers, that means the tie breakers were never applied in the first place... which means they're still tied and need to use the tie breakers... So when does Kyle Reese come into play?

I think we beat the Terminators, but the Matrix might have ended in a tie. Did anyone see the third movie?

I'm ok with being tied for first place. I am enjoying it. I just think it's weird that you (and apparently others) think that tiebreakers should be applied before week 17. Also, I wouldn't even know where one could purchase "Haterade" did you call it? Does it make you angry? You sound angry.

If I "sound" angry, then you should adjust the bot that reads my posts aloud for you. :devil:

If the season ended today, we'd be first in the AFCE. If you had to say which team is no. 1 in the AFCE, it's Buffalo.

Reality doesn't serve either of those scenarios, and I !@#$ing get that. Although as another poster deftly pointed out, it does have bearing on waiver decisions.

But heaven for !@#$ing bid we enjoy a hypothetical situation in week 8 that allows us to wave our collective fingers high above the Buffalo skyline to definitively declare, from now until Sunday, WE'RE NUMBER ONE!