Darius - time to consider playing to his strengths...

Kipers Hair

Good teams use both a 3-4 and 4-3 fronts.

Greenbay during the Superbowl started getting gashed on runs, they brought in the big boys and went with 4 down linemen and stopped the run cold. When the Steelers went back to passing attack they switched back to a 3-4 and nickle defense.

We have the guys that allow our defense to be versatile, while we are not at the same level as the Giants who can pressure consistently without bringing an extra LB, we are closer than we have been with Dareus making a mess of the middle of the O-Line. As I stated on other posts I have made, Dareus' strength is his straight up the field burst and strength to overpower blocks - NT plays to that strength. Kyle is quick and a bit more elusive getting around blocks and we wouldn't lose too much with him at DE or playing DT in a four man front. I would like to see more of Carrington on the edge. I still think that he has the ability to bend and rush around the edge then use his length to either bat passes down or extend to pressure/sack the QB - he just needs more time on the field. I think he is more the prototypical DE of the group that the Bills have.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Williams returns, it might not be a half bad idea to fold in a LOT more 4/3 defense. To anyone watching, it was plain to see that Darius is way more comfortable working in the trenches as opposed to in space as a DE needs to. I know there is something to be said for Washington's weak interior OL, but he just seemed more juiced playing the interior. With our marginal LB talent - would it be to bad to, as they say, get your best 11 out there?

Why would he be way more comfortable playing inside when he played his whole college career as a 34 End? Everyone looked awesome yesterday it wasn't just Marcell.

1.) A 3-4 DE doesn't play "inspace" - they generally are covered by an OLB. (that would be a 4-3 DE that plays "inspace")

2.) as many other have pointed out it is DarEus

3.) If you really did watch the games you would see lots of 4 man fronts, You can tell they are 4 man fronts because Kelsay has his hand on the ground as DE with DarEus next to him on the inside, :flirt:

4.) This thread is just one giant fail. :thumbdown:

Edited by Why So Serious?

I'm personal to the one I coined MarcellosarEus.

You can as far as MarcellosarEus Rex if you like.

I'd really like to see that take off, please see what you can do like that.

Edited by Why So Serious?