Darius - time to consider playing to his strengths...

Kipers Hair

When Williams returns, it might not be a half bad idea to fold in a LOT more 4/3 defense. To anyone watching, it was plain to see that Darius is way more comfortable working in the trenches as opposed to in space as a DE needs to. I know there is something to be said for Washington's weak interior OL, but he just seemed more juiced playing the interior. With our marginal LB talent - would it be to bad to, as they say, get your best 11 out there?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be surprised if this is exactly what they will do once (and would have done if) Williams is healthy. The Bills may very well have the best two defensive tackles in the game. Doesn't that sound great?

Been waiting to hear those words for 8 years since we had Adams/Williams. This tandem could be wayyy better than them too. There's no coincidence that all great teams seem to have a solid tandem at those positions. Sets up the rest of your D

While I do tend to agree with you about putting Dareus at NT, or DT, that doesnt necessary "get the best 11 on the field"...considering our weakness is OLB, not ILB...playing both Barnett and Shepp puts our best LBs out there...I would be pleased to see 4-3 like we have been seeing, and when we do go 3-4, play Dareus at NT and put Kyle at DE, because he is more of a "freestyler" than a gap controller anyway

I dont think it necessary matters who starts where or what defense we first put on the field, it was evident yesterday that the defense was firing on all cylinders, regardless if it was from the 3-4, 4-3, nickel base, etc. They players were beating their 1 on 1 match ups. and thats what needs to happen week in and week out...

When Williams returns, it might not be a half bad idea to fold in a LOT more 4/3 defense. To anyone watching, it was plain to see that Darius is way more comfortable working in the trenches as opposed to in space as a DE needs to. I know there is something to be said for Washington's weak interior OL, but he just seemed more juiced playing the interior. With our marginal LB talent - would it be to bad to, as they say, get your best 11 out there?

Agreed........

Hes not an end. Hes a guy that should be playing rock em sock em robots in he middle like he did at Alabama

He played tons of DE at Bama, and a lot of people shredded Warren Sapp (I think it was him) who said the Bill's would screw him up if they played him at DE instead of an interior position. Looks like Sapp was right.

I liked him in the middle too but that may just be how sucky the skins are. I would certainly try the scheme we used yesterday and against Vick (you know imaginative with lots stunts and blitzing) a lot more than what we did with Palmer and Eli.

apologies if it confused you...most seemed to understand who it was. DAREUS, you know, the guy we took in the first round this year...

If you're going to start a thread breaking down the players strengths and weaknesses you need to spell the guy's name correctly. How can I take your analysis seriously if you cannot meet the minimum expectation? This isn't Asomogha we're talking about.

Chan has said he will change something to get the best players on the field. i would not be surprised to see that at all

Isn't it great to have a coach that does that finally? Using Spiller as a Wide Out, so both he and Jackson can be on the field at the same time.

Agree with you, if Kyle can't go this coming Sunday it'll be good to see how Dareus does against the Jets OL.

Don't be surprised if this is exactly what they will do once (and would have done if) Williams is healthy. The Bills may very well have the best two defensive tackles in the game. Doesn't that sound great?

Yes it does.

If you're going to start a thread breaking down the players strengths and weaknesses you need to spell the guy's name correctly. How can I take your analysis seriously if you cannot meet the minimum expectation? This isn't Asomogha we're talking about.

How much of the analysis on TSW do you take seriously anyway?

It bothers me too.

Every time I see Darius I think of Xerxes and what position he plays.