My prediction for "pleasant surprise of the week"

eball

I have a funny feeling that we are going to see a new star born Sunday ....

IMHO using Spiller at WR last game was an experiment born out of necessity, we were slim at the "speed" WR spot, and you can't take away touches from Jackson to get Spiller jump started as a running back. I really don't think they had "special plays" to highlight Spillers talents, they just kind of taught him a few routes and threw him in.

I think the experiment went well, Spiller didn't make a fuss about playing "out of position" (by all accounts he embraced doing whatever it took to help the team), and he made a few catches proving he can play the position at least at a rudimentry level.

Chan the "Mega-mind" has now had two weeks to figure out exactly how to use him as a WR, and a "game breaking" type of running back's stock in trade is that if the team can block 8, 9, or 10 of the opponents the running back will make the rest miss the tackle. If Spiller is as good as the front office thought he was when they drafted him he should be "killer" once he gets behind the defense and gets the ball in his hands.

Because he has the speed the defenders HAVE to repect it and cover him deep, but unlike most "speed recievers" they also have to respect his ability to take the short pass through traffic to the end zone. I see C.J. being a nightmare to cover.

I must admit, I've hated the Spiller pick from day one, I felt that with Lynch and Jackson in the backfield, picking a running back no matter how talented, was a luxury we couldn't afford because we had sooooooooo many holes at other positions, but this just may work out afterall.

Man, love for Kelsey. Love for C.J. Is this really TSW?

I think this is great that Spiller is going to get some more touches. This should definitely pay some dividends and hopefully show everybody why they took him 9th. (and shutting up the naysayers would be an added bonus for me)

I think this is great that Spiller is going to get some more touches. This should definitely pay some dividends and hopefully show everybody why they took him 9th. (and shutting up the naysayers would be an added bonus for me)

If we were 2-4 versus 4-2 the views would be a little more bleak I'm sure.

Chris Kelsay. Before his injury, Kelsay was playing as well as he ever has. I believe a significant part of the Bills' dropoff in pass rush coincides with Kelsay's injury.

He will play a major role in Toronto on Sunday.

Playing in the dome will help Fitz. I think we see a high score from the Bills. Put me down for a 31 - 20 Bills victory

Not to be offensive, but why is it just so important to you that there are people who don't agree with your views?

Also, do you think that a good game today (his 23rd) would automatically serve to validate this draft selection?

Chris Kelsay. Before his injury, Kelsay was playing as well as he ever has. I believe a significant part of the Bills' dropoff in pass rush coincides with Kelsay's injury.

He will play a major role in Toronto on Sunday.

Nice thread e-man.

I am thinking that in order to win this game, we need production from Batten and especially Chandler.

If Chandler can get us some first downs, or even a TD, this will mean that he won't be needed to stay in all the time and help our decimated OL.

Also, I want to see more of Brad Smith today. I am of the very strong opinion that this kid is going to win us at least 1 football game this season.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nothing demonstrates more clearly that haters gotta hate than chris kelsay

at one point the guy admittedly got a contract that was too big for him. that was back in like '06 or something. then the next contract, the one hes currently playing on, only paid him around three mil a season, had a tiny bonus of two mil, and wasnt guaranteed. it was like he was paying back the bills for the previous contract. but did that matter to the haters? hell no

two seasons ago kelsay was arguably the best defender on the entire team. he has a strong season that was a bargain for his threeish mil salary. did that matter to the haters? hell no

after failing in his switch to outside linebacker where he couldnt cover a cripple riding a rascal scooter, he went back to only playing along the line and immediately began making plays. hes not much of a sack finisher but provided the only consistent pressure on the qb that this team has seen in three seasons. did that matter to the haters? hell no

haters are like sharks, once they taste hate blood they gotta have more. they are like crack addicts, once they get their first puff of hate crack they just cant put down the hate crack pipe

dont be a hate crack addict. but if you already are then its hopeless for you cuz you cant stop. admit it. get into a hate crack rehab program, which involved electroshock therapy and brain surgery. its the only way

nothing demonstrates more clearly that haters gotta hate than chris kelsay

at one point the guy admittedly got a contract that was too big for him. that was back in like '06 or something. then the next contract, the one hes currently playing on, only paid him around three mil a season, had a tiny bonus of two mil, and wasnt guaranteed. it was like he was paying back the bills for the previous contract. but did that matter to the haters? hell no

two seasons ago kelsay was arguably the best defender on the entire team. he has a strong season that was a bargain for his threeish mil salary. did that matter to the haters? hell no

after failing in his switch to outside linebacker where he couldnt cover a cripple riding a rascal scooter, he went back to only playing along the line and immediately began making plays. hes not much of a sack finisher but provided the only consistent pressure on the qb that this team has seen in three seasons. did that matter to the haters? hell no

haters are like sharks, once they taste hate blood they gotta have more. they are like crack addicts, once they get their first puff of hate crack they just cant put down the hate crack pipe

dont be a hate crack addict. but if you already are then its hopeless for you cuz you cant stop. admit it. get into a hate crack rehab program, which involved electroshock therapy and brain surgery. its the only way

Preach, brotha!

Not to be offensive, but why is it just so important to you that there are people who don't agree with your views?

Also, do you think that a good game today (his 23rd) would automatically serve to validate this draft selection?

Bill, May I call you Bill? We ALL know your stance on Spiller so this is no surprise that you are responding to my post. CJ is on our team now. Thats just fine if you still hate the pick. It doesn't seem like anything will change your mind. But Spiller is a part of my team and I for one want him to kick ass and live up to where he was picked. Where as, and this is pure conjecture, but it seems you'd rather be right that we shouldn't have picked him than having him turn into a stud. That's your choice of course.

And you know what, other than some of the guys like you that constantly harp on CJ, if he has a break out game where people say WOW, yea I think a bunch of people might change their minds about him. I can only hope. What do you hope for?

I'm going to take somewhat of a bow on this one, as not only did Kelsay get a sack, the pass rush as a whole was phenomenal.

Kudos to those of you who had Chandler stepping up as well.

It was a great afternoon to be a Bills fan!