Give Merriman a Chance Next Summer?

Dorkington

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do you cut him, or let him work to get a roster spot?

• Cut him, cut our losses, he's worthless and expensive.
    • Give him a chance, when he's on, he's good and he's a good locker room presence.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not? Because he's shot! Do you seriously need more proof? Even when he was healthy (which has been one game in 4 years) he looked good against the worst O line in the NFL. Big deal. I'm sure he's a great guy and a leader but at this point the only thing he will be doing is taking reps away from others (that's if he can get onto the field.)

Hopefully Buddy gets it through his thick skull that an edge rusher is one of the most impactful positions in football and he drafts one before the 5th round. :wallbash:

Says the guy who loved Jimmy Clausen. :ph34r:

5 Years playing 29% of the games with terrible statistical performance compared to his first 3 steroid fueled, injury free probowl years?

Pretty much says it all doesn't it? I mean what more do we really need to look at? Does anyone really think this latest operation is going to change the last 5 years of performance?

5 Years playing 29% of the games with terrible statistical performance compared to his first 3 steroid fueled, injury free probowl years?

Pretty much says it all doesn't it? I mean what more do we really need to look at? Does anyone really think this latest operation is going to change the last 5 years of performance?

Even if what you said was accurate (and it isn't), it doesn't come close to saying it all. Not by a long shot. There is much more to be written in the Merriman chapter. Get back to us when he completes rehab, gives it a go in camp, fails, and the Bills cut him. Until then, it's all conjecture by everyone here.

GO BILLS!!!

If the offseason rehab appears to go well then the Bills will probably bring him in and give him a chance to compete. He will be on a very short leash though since keeping him on the roster would be expensive. I doubt he makes it and the Bills need to finally start planning like he won't make it. That's my one objection to the way this was handled. I'm ok with taking a risk on the guy and giving him a chance, but there was no plan B. The Bills should've been planning for him not making instead of repeatedly saying that they were all set at OLB. The didn't draft a single OLB last season. That was crazy.

Edited by vincec

I voted yes, but it will also depend not eh play of the people that replace him for the rest of the season . . . if the defense is better, if the young guys produce, he's probably done. I only see him returning as a situational player.