The Lions tough guy schtick is wearing thin

bills44

With little rushing game, little rushing defense, and Matthew Stafford showing signs of regression and even injury, I'd say their playoff chances are starting to wear a bit thin as well.

I wonder if the injury to Best will actually help them.

I just have serious doubts that that sort of running back can/should be the centerpiece of a team's rushing attack.

Maybe I'm conventional but I think of those guys (Spiller included) as change-of-pace backs.

If Maurice Morris or Keliand Williams can play well, they might be better off.

I'd also like to see the Bills get another big running back at some point soon… keep Spiller in space.

If Suh or one of the lions players had caused the injury i would have a problem with this. On a daily basis us fans dream of dareus blind siding brady causing his head to come off his body thus ending his career yet a few of us may have a problem with suh doing a bit of trash talking? The falcons are a bunch of babies.

If Suh or one of the lions players had caused the injury i would have a problem with this. On a daily basis us fans dream of dareus blind siding brady causing his head to come off his body thus ending his career yet a few of us may have a problem with suh doing a bit of trash talking? The falcons are a bunch of babies.

Look wanton decapitation is fine. It's taunting him afterwards where we have to draw the line.

Not me I like them. League needs a team with some edge to keep things interesting. Based on what I saw ATL are full of it anyway. Suh was no where near Ryan and the Avril did not kick Ryan when he was down as they alleged. ATL try as much as anyone to best up opponents they have no room to point fingers

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

i still like them too. on a side note: jim harbiach is an a hole. forget the hard handshake slap (like if they were on the same winning team), he also shoved shwartz when he patted (pushed) him on the back.

how many times counting from when he was a little kid has he practiced this. they teach you this. "good game" good game. etc. etc. if you say anything, just say that and you'll be fine.

and who doesnt want a bad ass on their team? if suh was in a bills uniform, ALL of our d stats would improve. thats my only complaint about suh AND BJ RAJI, that they are not bills players

i respect all opinions, but im sorry, the lions have not done anything imo to dislike them.

i still like them too. on a side note: jim harbiach is an a hole. forget the hard handshake slap (like if they were on the same winning team), he also shoved shwartz when he patted (pushed) him on the back.

how many times counting from when he was a little kid has he practiced this. they teach you this. "good game" good game. etc. etc. if you say anything, just say that and you'll be fine.

and who doesnt want a bad ass on their team? if suh was in a bills uniform, ALL of our d stats would improve. thats my only complaint about suh AND BJ RAJI, that they are not bills players

i respect all opinions, but im sorry, the lions have not done anything imo to dislike them.

Schwartz yelling "know the rules" (maybe it was "learn the rules") at Harbaugh after Harbaugh tried to challenge a TD ruling during the game was douchey, to say the least. I'm no fan of Harbaugh, either.

Suh is a great player, no doubt about that.

Personally i love the Lions attitude, care for your teamates and F the world, from the coach on down..thats how a team should be

Say what you want about Schwartz, but hes always got his players backs, runs a tight ship, hired the right coordinators and is instilling a completely different mentality in an organization that is accustomed to losing....punch the other guys in the face, and sometimes he means that literally

Say what you want about Suh and his cheap shots, he plays the game angry and id DEF rather have him on my team than on the opponents team, nightmare to game plan for, and even when you do, he blows it apart and wears you down...

And on offense the team is just explosive, and Calvin Johnson is plain uncoverable this year...

You can all hate on the Lions all you want, but they are playing good football right now and changing a culture that has been stagnant and poor for too long...."gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelete"

PS - if this were our bills doing the same things and posting that record, none of you would say the "Schtick" is getting old (and is it really a "schtick" if they really, truly are just a bunch of tough guys?)

PS - if this were our bills doing the same things and posting that record, none of you would say the "Schtick" is getting old (and is it really a "schtick" if they really, truly are just a bunch of tough guys?)

No, I don't think that Schwartz is a tough guy.

The Bills are 4-2, and the Lions are 5-2. Not much of a difference there.

Not me I like them. League needs a team with some edge to keep things interesting. Based on what I saw ATL are full of it anyway. Suh was no where near Ryan and the Avril did not kick Ryan when he was down as they alleged. ATL try as much as anyone to best up opponents they have no room to point fingers

Exactly. The Falcons are a bunch of cry babies, and after winning, which makes it all the more unnacceptable. If the hit on Ryan had been dirty, fine. But it was a clean hit. Stop crying because you drafted a QB who turned out to be average despite having great WR's. "He was taunting me..." You sound like an elementary school kid, or a college coach who complains about running up the score. You don't want to get taunted Falcons O-line, try blocking for your QB.

Personally i love the Lions attitude, care for your teamates and F the world, from the coach on down..thats how a team should be

Say what you want about Schwartz, but hes always got his players backs, runs a tight ship, hired the right coordinators and is instilling a completely different mentality in an organization that is accustomed to losing....punch the other guys in the face, and sometimes he means that literally

Say what you want about Suh and his cheap shots, he plays the game angry and id DEF rather have him on my team than on the opponents team, nightmare to game plan for, and even when you do, he blows it apart and wears you down...

And on offense the team is just explosive, and Calvin Johnson is plain uncoverable this year...

You can all hate on the Lions all you want, but they are playing good football right now and changing a culture that has been stagnant and poor for too long...."gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelete"

+1 I love it. Plus, I wonder how many of Shu's hits are really dirty, or are just the result of the new NFL rules. He still has to abide by them, but he's a very aggressive defensive player, so the adjustment period may take some time. I don't think anyone can say that Shu is out to intentionally hurt people. And the taunting, who cares, it's pro football. Laugh it off, or block better for your QB.

Schwartz yelling "know the rules" (maybe it was "learn the rules") at Harbaugh after Harbaugh tried to challenge a TD ruling during the game was douchey, to say the least. I'm no fan of Harbaugh, either.

Suh is a great player, no doubt about that.

telling another coach to LEARN THE RULES is not douchey.

telling another coach to "play call in a better manner please" NOW THAT'S DOUCHEY

i penalize you with 25 beer commercials. specially the current "that's the 2nd most unmanly thing you said today" (bud or miller or coors)

telling another coach to LEARN THE RULES is not douchey.

telling another coach to "play call in a better manner please" NOW THAT'S DOUCHEY

i penalize you with 25 beer commercials. specially the current "that's the 2nd most unmanly thing you said today" (bud or miller or coors)

if Belicheck or Rex Ryan yelled "learn the rules" across the field at Gailey, I'm pretty sure that people here would think that was a douchebag move. Schwartz is a !@#$ing spaz, as is Harbaugh.