The Lions tough guy schtick is wearing thin

bills44

In a short year and a half Suh has firmly established a reputation as a dirty player. The facemask grab on Ryan was both unnecessary and dangerous. If "karma" really does exist, I'd avoid black cats and ladders if my name was Suh.

Detroit has absolutely become unlikable in a hurry.

between Schwartz's tough guy act, and Suh's cheap shots (and now his yapping), they're really becoming unlikeable, IMO.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/15815465/suh-ryans-brief-injury-was-karma-for-falcons

See I dont get this...its football, not ballet or golf. These guys are paid exuberant amounts of money to go out and hit people with relentless tenacity. This was in the middle of an important and heated battle on the field, its their job to go out and intimidate, hit, hurt, punish, etc on every play. No one wants to see anyone seriously hurt, however, laying a hurting on them is what they are paid to do and trash talking is part of competitive sports. Do people just expect them to turn that off mid game? It would be totally different if he was seriously hurt, which he clearly was not. These are grown ass men getting paid a ton of money to play a game for a living...so if the Falcons cant handle something as mild as the alleged comments, there is now way they are going to be mentally tough enough to go far in the post season.

The funniest part about this trash talk is that it is so unbelievably mild to what else is said and happens on the field and at the bottom of piles. So many worse things are said to get into the heads of other players, not to mention all the eye gauging, spitting, scratching, stomping, crushing, etc that they all do to each other at the bottom of piles and such.

This is nothing...I actually cant believe this is getting more attention than the Viking laying on his back kicking the packer in front of him square in the nuts intentionally this weekend in plain view of everyone.

i still like them too. on a side note: jim harbiach is an a hole. forget the hard handshake slap (like if they were on the same winning team), he also shoved shwartz when he patted (pushed) him on the back.

how many times counting from when he was a little kid has he practiced this. they teach you this. "good game" good game. etc. etc. if you say anything, just say that and you'll be fine.

and who doesnt want a bad ass on their team? if suh was in a bills uniform, ALL of our d stats would improve. thats my only complaint about suh AND BJ RAJI, that they are not bills players

i respect all opinions, but im sorry, the lions have not done anything imo to dislike them.

Schwartz had been acting like an a-hole on the sidelines virtually every week leading up to the 49er game… visibly laughing, scoffing, celebrating, and acting exactly how a coach (in my book) should not act.

Whatever happened to "act like you've been there before" and having respect for the opposite sideline?

Lets see. From NFL push overs to smash mouth football team? Nope got no problem with the Lions at all.

So because the Lions are now good, they can act however they want?

It's that simple?

Personally i love the Lions attitude, care for your teamates and F the world, from the coach on down..thats how a team should be

Say what you want about Schwartz, but hes always got his players backs, runs a tight ship, hired the right coordinators and is instilling a completely different mentality in an organization that is accustomed to losing....punch the other guys in the face, and sometimes he means that literally

Say what you want about Suh and his cheap shots, he plays the game angry and id DEF rather have him on my team than on the opponents team, nightmare to game plan for, and even when you do, he blows it apart and wears you down...

And on offense the team is just explosive, and Calvin Johnson is plain uncoverable this year...

You can all hate on the Lions all you want, but they are playing good football right now and changing a culture that has been stagnant and poor for too long...."gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelete"

PS - if this were our bills doing the same things and posting that record, none of you would say the "Schtick" is getting old (and is it really a "schtick" if they really, truly are just a bunch of tough guys?)

Not this. ^^^

I so prefer the quiet "earn respect" attitude of the Bills.

This. ^^^

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

...The funniest part about this trash talk is that it is so unbelievably mild to what else is said and happens on the field and at the bottom of piles. So many worse things are said to get into the heads of other players, not to mention all the eye gauging, spitting, scratching, stomping, crushing, etc that they all do to each other at the bottom of piles and such. ...

I agree with this. However all that is considered within the boundaries. Taunting an injured player crosses the line, even for NFL players. There's a long-standing, time-honored code in all professional sports regarding injured opponents.

I don't know if any Lion players taunted Ryan when he was down. It's a matter of "he said, he said" as far as I'm concerned. But if they did, they deserve to be vilified. It's below bush league.

GO BILLS!!!

Schwartz had been acting like an a-hole on the sidelines virtually every week leading up to the 49er game… visibly laughing, scoffing, celebrating, and acting exactly how a coach (in my book) should not act.

Like Marv always said, "Act like you've been there."

Schwartz hasn't been anywhere yet and he acts like it.

GO BILLS!!!

Its something that the Lions needed as its gotta be a mentality before it becomes a reality. But they have to dial it down a notch before you become a big target. Teams will cheap shot you back on top of becoming much more up to play you as teams down the stretch get farther out of the race. You don't want to give teams that have a reason to phone it in down the stretch a reason to get amped to play you.

In a short year and a half Suh has firmly established a reputation as a dirty player. The facemask grab on Ryan was both unnecessary and dangerous. If "karma" really does exist, I'd avoid black cats and ladders if my name was Suh.

Detroit has absolutely become unlikable in a hurry.

If they were real men and condident in their masculinity they would kiss and make up. :devil: