the 50 worst quarterbacks ever

tomdayfan

I hate these bleacher report type sites that make you click dozens of times to read through an article

Yeah, I'm not one for 50-part slide shows.

Secondly, did they ever actually state any criteria? I clicked the first two slides and didn't notice any criteria.

If not, then how are they measuring "worst?" There's been thousands of quarterbacks who've thrown a pass in the NFL.

At the very least, they have to say something like "the worst quarterbacks who started at least 20 games' or something along those lines.

Otherwise it's apples to oranges.

Believe it or not, the Bills only have one on the list.

50 worst quarterbacks in NFL history

That might be the dumbest NFL list I have ever seen. For one, if you don't know who the players are, oh well, it doesn't even say the name. Of all the thousands of players who have played QB, many have sucked, yet the list if full of players who played in and/or won Super Bowls-dumb.

This list should be-- fifty worst good qb's.

Bulger? The guy was great.

Not too sure about great, but he put together a string of a few seasons where he was a pretty good QB, and no where near the worst 50 QBs in history. Let's start a list of the worst 50 NFL lists ever-#1-this list.

Yeah, I'm not one for 50-part slide shows.

Secondly, did they ever actually state any criteria? I clicked the first two slides and didn't notice any criteria.

If not, then how are they measuring "worst?" There's been thousands of quarterbacks who've thrown a pass in the NFL.

At the very least, they have to say something like "the worst quarterbacks who started at least 20 games' or something along those lines.

I didn't waste my time with the list since it was a slideshow. My guess is that the criteria used was passer rating over the last 20 years.

Anyone want to post the list?

Billy Jo Hobert didn't even read the play book.

Exactly. I don't know how you can't make a list of the worst 50 when you have almost no talent at the position AND you don't even bother to know the plays. Plenty of bad QBs can't execute the playbook worth a damn, but at least they know it. Not even knowing the playbook should put you at the top of the list.

P.S. - Also, ADMITTING that you didn't read and know the playbook really speaks volumes about your overall intelligence and decision making ability........

Edited by The Avenger

The first slide, not the #50, but the very first page when you click on the link, there was a footnote that they needed at least 8 starts to be considered. That was the only criteria I saw.

The first slide, not the #50, but the very first page when you click on the link, there was a footnote that they needed at least 8 starts to be considered. That was the only criteria I saw.

No doubt JP earned his spot. :thumbsup:

Only 1 Buffalo Bill QB made that list, and it wasn't Rob Johnson? Wow, RJ and JP both deserve to be on that list. Alex Van Pelt and Todd Collins might even be worthy of inclusion

Yeah,... Trent Dilfer has a SuperBowl ring as a starter. Granted that was a defense-led team, but it should put him ahead of RJ, AVP, Todd Collins, Dennis Shaw, Vince Ferragamo, Trent Edwards,... and again who was that clown who admitted that he never studied the playbook??

Not a very well thought-through list

Edited by cage

Dilfer has a super bowl ring as a starter, he may not have been great but far from the worst. Batch has been a solid backup for a number of year, Stewart started an AFC championship game, plummer was a solid starter for a number of years. Putting Tim Rattey on their too like that 7th round pick was supposed to be an all pro is laughable

He also had a stretch where he was something like 18-1. I don't care who the supporting cast is or if he happened to be playing with the best defense ever; "top 50 worst quarterbacks ever" would find a way to lose.

Thanks, JJ.

That's quite a range… 8 games started and up.

There's guys on their list from what I'm seeing incidentally that started 8 years in the league.

If a guy is good enough to start as many seasons as a Jake Plummer or Trent Dilfer, I don't think it's a valid to compare that QB to someone who has started just 8 games over their entire career.

Who comes up with this stuff?