How Good are the Jets

saundena

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chargers/Rivers/Turner suck and deserve to lose. However, no question but that those New Jersey teams, both of them, get the calls at MetLife. Two crucial PI calls on Jammer that Namce and Simms agreed were actually great defensive plays, comical ball (re)placement to force a first down in SD redzone on Jets last drive, numerous blatant holding penalties not called on the Jets etc...the reffing has been just aweful this year.

Chargers/Rivers/Turner suck and deserve to lose. However, no question but that those New Jersey teams, both of them, get the calls at MetLife. Two crucial PI calls on Jammer that Namce and Simms agreed were actually great defensive plays, comical ball (re)placement to force a first down in SD redzone on Jets last drive, numerous blatant holding penalties not called on the Jets etc...the reffing has been just aweful this year.

It is hard to disagree with any of this. The Chargers made enough actual mistakes to keep the game close, and a couple of questionable calls tilted it the rest of the way.

It is hard to disagree with any of this. The Chargers made enough actual mistakes to keep the game close, and a couple of questionable calls tilted it the rest of the way.

Rivers, an "elite QB", hd over a minute and a half to move downfield. In downs 2-4, he threw a passes of 3 and 4 yards and then, on 4th downm he threw it way out of bounds.

When (or how, exactly) on earth does Norv Turner get fired??

Rivers, an "elite QB", hd over a minute and a half to move downfield. In downs 2-4, he threw a passes of 3 and 4 yards and then, on 4th downm he threw it way out of bounds.

When (or how, exactly) on earth does Norv Turner get fired??

That is one of Life's Big Questions, WEO. The Chargers totally choked.

What bugs me is that the Bills have to go to SD to play them, and they will probably show up for a home game....

Norv :wallbash: Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory

This. I get so tired seeing a team with that amount of talent, in that division, struggle to make .500 or better. It always seems that the chargers are in a position to win the game, but get flagged for something, make a stupid mistake or just not tackle properly. The discipline, or lack thereof, of that team is appalling. If I was an SD fan, I would be livid. But, I'm not, so I hope it continues at least until we play them. Go Bills.

The Jets are a Jekyll and Hyde team and probably will continue to be as long as Sanchise is the QB. When they click, they are as good as anyone in the league, but they lay some huge eggs. I just hope the Bills catch them on one of their off days.

Jets arent very good a Jacksonville win, a Miami win, a dallas thank your romo and Chargers on the road where Rivers sucks. He always has but the division has been ridonkulous for 6 years. You can go 6-2 at home beat the chiefs or broncos or raiders on the road or all three and your there. TO answer your question the Jets are not very good

This is why I was sure the Jets would win this game… because Norville and Company always come up short. The next big game they win will be the first.

As for the Jets, they are getting better. They finally introduced their offense and Burress to each other and he'll be a headache for the Bills.

Unfortunately for us, the Jets are improving and playing with confidence now after 2 straight wins.

Confidence makes all the difference in the world.

Throw in the bye week advantage and I'm expecting the Jets to be favored at the Ralph in week 9.

The bills Playoff chance come down whether they go 3-1 Against the jets and the phins

I agree too. Which is why I think our first (home) game against the Jets is HUGE. I hate to call anything a "must win" game this early in the season but it's feeling like it's appropriate for that one.

They looked alright today. I don't know if I'm ready to say "this is a team that's getting better as the season goes on" as everyone else is. Their 3game road trip was brutally hard and thus overblown a bit; then they were handed last week's game by a bad team. So we're really just talking about one game.

As a sidebar I never really hated this team like others did, but something about their good fortune the last few years is a little too "early 2000's Patriotsish" to not hate. It started with the Colts laying down by forfeiting a perfect season and handing them a playoff spot, then the Bengals/Chargers miss a combined 172 FG's in the 1st 2 rounds of the playoffs, then last year they win all these flukey games vs the Texans & Browns, and now this year vs Dallas they get whipped up and down the field and manage to escape....my God make it stop.

I'm sort of in the camp that thinks if we can't beat them at home then we probably don't belong in the playoffs.

And please lets not cry about the bye week. Players get most of the bye week off anyway and if you don't think our coaches started preparing for them this week you're kidding yourself.

The Jets are a Jekyll and Hyde team and probably will continue to be as long as Sanchise is the QB. When they click, they are as good as anyone in the league, but they lay some huge eggs. I just hope the Bills catch them on one of their off days.

The Jets and Bills look like a wash to me.

That's saying something considering last season Buffalo wasn't even close to this team.

Ha! I was thinking the same thing watching the game.

The refs must be Jets fans. If we play the Jets with the same officiating crew, we're screwed.

The refs are handing this game to the jets and it's driving me crazy. It's so obvious that there's a bias sometimes. They want the Jets in the mix. Or it's a coincidence and they're just making all sorts of bad calls in favor of the Jets and not calling anything that favors SD. What a joke.