Bruce Smith Fathead

It's true enough. It can take weeks to get it sorted out, and in the meanwhile, the money's gone from your account. In addition, most banks put a time period on how long their refund policy covers, so if you don't catch the fraud for 2 or 3 weeks, they'll tell you to pound sand.

I canceled my debit card for exactly this reason. I now have an old-school ATM card (no visa/mastercard logo), and some credit cards.

When it happened to me, Wells Fargo were the ones to contact me, saying that they had detected suspicious activity on my card. They contacted me, to make sure that I was the one making the purchases. All of the purchases happened over one weekend, and they called me first thing Monday morning. Like I said earlier, they "fronted" me the amount that was fraudulently spent, until the their investigation was complete. Whoever used my card info, wiped my checking account clean out (about $2000)... it took about two weeks, all was cleared, I got all my money back...it was almost like it hadn't happened, except I knew it did. Same thing happened, with similar results, to my girlfriend a few years later.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a recent email I got from them:

"Hello Valued Customer of GraveyardMall,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your order. We will be closed from

Friday, October 28th 2011 through Sunday, October 30th 2011. Please know that

your questions and concerns are very important to us. We will resume our regular

schedule beginning Monday, October 17th. Thank you for shopping with

GraveyardMall and have a great day."

:doh:

has anyone here recieved their fatheads yet???

Nope. Been over two weeks now. Supposedly shipped on Halloween via OSM (never heard of them) and their online tracking is a joke. If the tracking is to be believed, mine has been sitting at the OSM facility for 3-4 days.

If, after all this BS, I get a David Ortiz and not Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuce I am gonna kill someone.