DirecTV/Sunday Ticket Question

flomoe

I know Fezmid is our local DirecTV answer guy but I have a question for anyone that has information regarding the Sunday Ticket.

I had a guy come to my house in Central Florida the other day trying to get me to change over my service to ATT U-Verse. I explained that I have Directv because of the Ticket (among other things) and he proceeded to tell me that after this year, Directv no longer has the rights to the Ticket. He also informed me that ATT was taking over exclusive rights and that I should sign up now so I can have it for next year.

When he pushed the signing now, I felt that he was just a salesman playing on a weakness.

I had heard something similar a few years ago from a salesman from Time Warner.

So the question is, will Directv lose the Ticket next year or is there still negotiating going on with all parties involved?

I will have to jump ship if someone else has the Ticket but I hope that ATT doesn't get it. I have heard a couple good things and mostly bad things about U-Verse so I really hope I don't have to think about switching to ATT.

Your salesman friend was trying to pull a fast on on you. FYI that story is from 2009 so if y9ou see that guy tell him he's a lying sack of crap.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I have been with DirecTV for a very long time - initially because of the Sunday Ticket.

I have had salespeople try to do the same thing.

Overall, I have been very pleased with DirecTV. The customer service is so much better than the cable company I had so many years ago. They also seem to reward me for being a long time customer.

I have a feeling that DirecTV will do everything it can to always be able to offer the Sunday Ticket (exclusively or otherwise).

I have been with DirecTV for a very long time - initially because of the Sunday Ticket.

I have had salespeople try to do the same thing.

Overall, I have been very pleased with DirecTV. The customer service is so much better than the cable company I had so many years ago. They also seem to reward me for being a long time customer.

I have a feeling that DirecTV will do everything it can to always be able to offer the Sunday Ticket (exclusively or otherwise).

Agreed. DTV will negotiate over everything. Kills cable.

FYI after the first week the Sunday Ticket via the Playstation 3 network is awesome. It is in HD and no delays. I even figured out how to stop and start games but you can not record them for watching later. If anyone knows how please post. The only other glitch is that once you are in Sunday Tix mode my system won't let me go back and I have to shut it off. No big deal. Hopefully next years first game will be in HD without the delays experienced this year.

FYI after the first week the Sunday Ticket via the Playstation 3 network is awesome. It is in HD and no delays. I even figured out how to stop and start games but you can not record them for watching later. If anyone knows how please post. The only other glitch is that once you are in Sunday Tix mode my system won't let me go back and I have to shut it off. No big deal. Hopefully next years first game will be in HD without the delays experienced this year.

The first week always has issues because they let everyone with DirecTV access it for free. There's just too many users for the capacity they have, so it usually sucks. The only way it'll get better is if they don't let everyone have it for free during the first week.

Thanks everyone for their input. I had a feeling the ATT guy was full of shite and just trying to make a sale using the Sunday Ticket as leverage.

I have had DirecTv since 1996, when I moved from Buffalo here to Central Florida. It was my only way to be able to follow my Bills. I have both the Sunday Ticket and NHL Center Ice and probably could not survive without at least the Ticket. Glad to hear that DTV is keeping the Ticket for at least 3 more years and I don't ever see them giving it up unless the government steps in with some sort of lawsuit against them. The Ticket is their bread and butter and without it, they would just be another Dish Network.

Go Bills !!!