We need a replacement for Merriman

PS 56

As much as it pains me to say this, I think we need a replacement for Shawne Merriman at linebacker. Whether it's his shoulder, Achilles, or whatever, Shawn's injuries will keep him from playing the full schedule for the rest of the year. When he plays he is great. When he is injured on the sideline he can not contribute. His injury history has me very concerned. The trade deadline is tomorrow, linebacker is our biggest need.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooooo....who are the Bills supposed to get to replace him? In 24 hours?

That's the dilemma. Batten or Moats will HAVE to step up but neither is ideal. Moats is fine in OBVIOUS passing downs but not on downs where he has to play honest and Batten looks like he missed his first year. The game is too fast for him right now it seems.

GO BILLS!!!

As much as it pains me to say this, I think we need a replacement for Shawne Merriman at linebacker. Whether it's his shoulder, Achilles, or whatever, Shawn's injuries will keep him from playing the full schedule for the rest of the year. When he plays he is great. When he is injured on the sideline he can not contribute. His injury history has me very concerned. The trade deadline is tomorrow, linebacker is our biggest need.

Agreed Merriman always seems to be "between injuries," but when he plays he is great?

Shirley, you must be joking.

Agreed Merriman always seems to be "between injuries," but when he plays he is great?

Shirley, you must be joking.

Wouldn't say he's been great but he's been our best OLB by FAR. On one shoulder he can hold the POA better than anyone we have as well as bring at least a modicum of pass rush from the edge.

GO BILLS!!!

Merriman is light years ahead of both Batten and Moats. Even while playing with one shoulder.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree with what u have said, but "Neither Batten or Moats is anywhere near ready to start and play the position full time. Not even close. GO BILLS!!!"

The part were the OP sais "play the position full time" i don't think Merriman is ready for. Seeing he hasn't really been healthy the ENTIRE year i would say i was correct!

Edited by snamsnoops

Former college pass rush phenom, Everette Brown is currently a free agent.

Brown was expected to be a first rounder in 2009 and when he was still available in the second round Carolina traded a 2010 first rounder to the San Francisco 49ers so they could draft Brown with the 43rd pick. San Francisco used that pick to draft Mike Iupati (17th overall) last year.

While Brown is undoubtedly considered a bust, he does have 6 career sacks and an interception and was considered a near-prototypical 3-4 OLB and a polished pass rusher.

Besides being available, I'm not sure what the back story is on Brown.

Former college pass rush phenom, Everette Brown is currently a free agent.

Brown was expected to be a first rounder in 2009 and when he was still available in the second round Carolina traded a 2010 first rounder to the San Francisco 49ers so they could draft Brown with the 43rd pick. San Francisco used that pick to draft Mike Iupati (17th overall) last year.

While Brown is undoubtedly considered a bust, he does have 6 career sacks and an interception and was considered a near-prototypical 3-4 OLB and a polished pass rusher.

Besides being available, I'm not sure what the back story is on Brown.

There's another 2009 first rounder I'm thinking of.... making quite the statement for another AFCE team.... maybe we can trade for him :devil: