Listening to the post game "pressers"...

from both Chan and Fitz and they mirror what most of us have said. They both said that those two plays where Stevie was open down the sideline were plays that would and should have won the game.

Fitz is taking it on the chin, as he should. He's a big boy and he needs to be automatic when he makes those throws. He starts making those throws and this offense becomes so much more dangerous and both he and Chan know this. Chan also said that pass rush is a problem, he said this without beating around the bush or sugar-coating it. I like our coach. :thumbsup:

Reading most of the post, I don't get a sense of folks jumping off the bandwagon. Just frustration for a team that had a really good chance of coming away with a win today, but seem to be a few players or plays away from being able to do that.

I do want to see Fitz prove all the naysayers wrong, but proof has to happen on the field and I don't think Chan can get it done with just screens and slants - Fitz has to be able to stretch the field to force defenses to lend safety help deep which will in turn open up those runs, slants, and screens again until they bring their safeties back up and then you hit them deep again... I love a good defense, but I can't help but admire the offensive game-planning, play design, and play calling of Chan Gailey.

I like what Gailey is trying to do, but Ryan has to be able to execute it.I wonder how many times Fitz practices hitting that route during the bye week....he seems like a QB with something to prove and maybe he needs to keep feeling that way for a while.

from both Chan and Fitz and they mirror what most of us have said. They both said that those two plays where Stevie was open down the sideline were plays that would and should have won the game.

Fitz is taking it on the chin, as he should. He's a big boy and he needs to be automatic when he makes those throws. He starts making those throws and this offense becomes so much more dangerous and both he and Chan know this. Chan also said that pass rush is a problem, he said this without beating around the bush or sugar-coating it. I like our coach. :thumbsup:

Reading most of the post, I don't get a sense of folks jumping off the bandwagon. Just frustration for a team that had a really good chance of coming away with a win today, but seem to be a few players or plays away from being able to do that.

I do want to see Fitz prove all the naysayers wrong, but proof has to happen on the field and I don't think Chan can get it done with just screens and slants - Fitz has to be able to stretch the field to force defenses to lend safety help deep which will in turn open up those runs, slants, and screens again until they bring their safeties back up and then you hit them deep again... I love a good defense, but I can't help but admire the offensive game-planning, play design, and play calling of Chan Gailey.

I like what Gailey is trying to do, but Ryan has to be able to execute it.I wonder how many times Fitz practices hitting that route during the bye week....he seems like a QB with something to prove and maybe he needs to keep feeling that way for a while.

FWIW. Fiz hit that route twice in the NE game. Both went for pretty big gains. One to Stevie. One to Donald. Chan knows he can do. I've seen him do it. It was just a terrible terrible 2 throws from Fitz.

Edited by Wayne333

FWIW. Fiz hit that route twice in the NE game. Both went for pretty big gains. One to Stevie. One to Donald. Chan knows he can do. I've seen him do it. It was just a terrible terrible 2 throws from Fitz.

FWIW:

Oakland - pressure D-line, Buff healthy O-line - accurate Fitz

NE - nothing special on D, Buff healthy O-line - accurate Fitz

Cinn - one of the best D lines in the business, back-up guard - Fitz completion percentage dips below 60%. He especially misses the long throws

Phila - good pass rush, very good O line protection but LT gets hurt during game - accurate Fitz (78% completion)

Giants - highest sacks in the NFL, backup LT gets hurt during game - Fitz less accurate, esp. long throws.

I see a pattern here. Fitz is less accurate when he's being pressured and he throws off his back foot, esp. long throws. Esp. long throws on a windy day.

He can make them but he has to set and turn his body into the throw.

He was also sacked 3 times and was wearing a bandage on his hand during his presser.

Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe it's worth considering.

That's all true but Fitz just doesn't have the arm strength to stretch the field, :cry: but true.

FWIW:

Cinn - one of the best D lines in the business, back-up guard - Fitz completion percentage dips below 60%. He especially misses the long throws

Phila - good pass rush, very good O line protection but LT gets hurt during game - accurate Fitz (78% completion)

Giants - highest sacks in the NFL, backup LT gets hurt during game - Fitz less accurate, esp. long throws.

I see a pattern here. Fitz is less accurate when he's being pressured and he throws off his back foot, esp. long throws. Esp. long throws on a windy day.

He was also sacked 3 times and was wearing a bandage on his hand during his presser.

3rd game bandaged, third game that was terrible downfield. Also had oline injuries annnnd WR injuries. Bye week is much needed on both sides of the ball.

I also have 2 terrible Fitz's throws in mind that are a little concerning. Towards the end of the Radiers game, Fitz's threw up a couple dogs that should've been picked if those DBs had any hand-eye whatsoever. I remember D. Jones had to break one of them up. Also, the pass interference INT against New England toward the end, which probably would've sealed the game for the Pats. Maybe today's unclutch INT wasn't as fluky as we think. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm starting to see a trend.

FWIW:

He had time on both of those plays and maybe he heard footsteps that weren't there - pressure (real or imagined) can really mess with a QBs mechanics. I am very proud of the O-Line, but they need to get healthy again. I thought Hairston has played great at LT.

I don't think that Fitz would take the wind as an excuse because on at least one of Stevie's go routes it was only 20-30 yards down field. Also, the wind had no effect on Eli's long passes on a rope.

I believe that the bandage Fitz wears is covering up his wedding ring that he does not take off for games.

<br />FWIW. Fiz hit that route twice in the NE game. Both went for pretty big gains. One to Stevie. One to Donald. Chan knows he can do. I've seen him do it. It was just a terrible terrible 2 throws from Fitz.<br />
. Every qb in college can hit on the throws he connected on vs NE. The wrs were wide open. Today, the wrs had the CBs beat. Fitz's throws were under thrown. It's something that will probably happen 50% of the time on his long passes. We know this. We need to decide if we want this to be our guy. Fitz's Decision making and leadership is crucial to out success, but if we are to become a contender, he needs to get better with them deep ball. We can't count on getting 4 TOs a game. We can't count on Fred breaking off an 80 yard run or Naaman to out run an entire defense into the end zone. Teams are starting to take away our bread and butter quick slants. If we can't throw it deep, it's gonna be tough to win. Turnovers are the only reason we won our previous 2 games. I've said it before, I like him, but I'm not sold he can lead us to a SB.

I also have 2 terrible Fitz's throws in mind that are a little concerning. Towards the end of the Radiers game, Fitz's threw up a couple dogs that should've been picked if those DBs had any hand-eye whatsoever. I remember D. Jones had to break one of them up. Also, the pass interference INT against New England toward the end, which probably would've sealed the game for the Pats. Maybe today's unclutch INT wasn't as fluky as we think. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm starting to see a trend.

I remember those as well. The one to David Nelson that got the PI, I'd say those are the type of throws, 40+ yards int the air, Fitz has trouble with. The 20 yard over the top of the defender type throws. He has got to be able to make those. Which he has before.

That's exactly how I feel. I felt that the Bills matched-up good against the Giants, and despite all the negatives from the game, the Bills only lost by three points.

Losing always sucks, especially right before the bye week, but I still like what the Bills have done and what they are doing. Last year at this point we were 0-6, now we're 4-2, I'll take that.

I also see the Bills as an up-and-coming team, moreso than as a contending team. There are still areas on the team that need to be upgraded, but I like the direction that the Bills are heading towards.

Not only does Fitz lack a strong arm, he also struggles with accuracy on deeper passes. That's been evident since last year.

Outside the two picks, Fitz didn't have a bad game. But the second INT was particularly foolish. We had a good drive going that was getting yards and eating up clock. It was probably better if we didn't score quick. And even if you did really want to run that play, it would be better to over-throw the route then under-throw it.

I'm not complaining. I'm happy to be 4-2 and Fitz has played remarkably well. The offense has been scoring a lot of points. But life would have been even better without those picks, especially the 2nd.

That's all true but Fitz just doesn't have the arm strength to stretch the field, :cry: but true.

whatever....nice analysis :thumbdown: , the guy threw a couple soft balls on purpose- he thought he had stevie easily. hes thrown much deeper many times in the past. he also was under no pressure on either throw, as he threw them right after the snap. both the op and you barbarian are way off. those balls were 20 yarders thrown almost on a line. he needed to throw 30 yards on more of an arc, thats all