Brandon Lloyd In Buffalo?

Sniper

Lloyd would be an excellent infusion of talent at the right time with all of the WR injuries. Would make the offense much more dangerous with an element of explosion. I'd love the acquisition if the price is right.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would do it for a 4th - so in essence, we would have traded Evans for Lloyd. Lloyd is more versatile, bigger, stronger, and he can still stretch the field (which is what the Bills need most right now). And even if it is only for this season--he'll be a free agent--worry about next year next year; plus, all the injured people will be back.

+1

My only concern is one on a personal note.

Brandon Lloyd basically stole money from the Redskins when he was a Free agent.

I hear Lloyd has matured and is a locker room leader now But I wouldn't want him poisoning the locker room and talking in SJ, Freddy, and Fitzy's ear saying "Forget everything else go get that money."

Didn't Loyd cause some serious problems with the 49ers? 7 year pro, and 4 different teams. Niners-Redskins-Bears-Broncos

He did have a break out year last season under McDaniel's 77 rec 1440 yards

so now take that pick the Bills got for Lee Evans and trade it to Denver to get this guy?

""WR Brandon Lloyd has converted 87 of 96 catches over the last two seasons into first downs. His 90.6 conversion rate is the highest first-down reception percentage in the NFL, ahead of Chicago's Johnny Knox (55 of 65, 84.6 percent).""

(Yahoo! Sports)

hrmmm, Eric Decker...

+1

My only concern is one on a personal note.

Brandon Lloyd basically stole money from the Redskins when he was a Free agent.

I hear Lloyd has matured and is a locker room leader now But I wouldn't want him poisoning the locker room and talking in SJ, Freddy, and Fitzy's ear saying "Forget everything else go get that money."

On the flip side maybe he says " listen I sold out to the highest bidder and it wasn't worth it. You got a good thing brewing here, keep it going."

I don't know.

I do know they need to interview the **** out of him before making a move.

It'd basically be a 10-game rental so I can't see giving up more than a 4th. And usually, I wouldn't even bid but I really want this team to make the playoffs, and injuries have wrecked WR depth and variety.

JMO, but I can't even see giving up a 4th - dude was a 4th-round pick (124th overall) in 2003; we just traded our 2004 1st-round pick (13th overall) for a 4th...we don't need no stinkin' elite, 4th-round attitudes messing with our low-brow, undrafted FA/6th/7th-round karma....

GO BILLSSS!!!!

18 and 1 baby!!!!! B-)

Why would we get rid of our 30 year old receiver for a 4th, then get someones Else's 30 year old receiver for less than a 4th..? Makes no sense..

Because Brandon Lloyd is a much more complete receiver than Lee Evans, by a country mile, and willing to play the position the way Chan's offense requires.

i know we need receivers, but this guy has got too many disciplinary issues. i don't think he fits this team's character.

I used to cover Lloyd's games when he played at the University of Illinois. He was perceived as a diva, me-first type of guy who had tons of talent but couldn't put it all together. He was a key member of the Illini team that won the Big Ten in '01and played LSU (Josh Reed) in the Sugar Bowl in January 2002. The 2002 season had high hopes for Illinois but they underachieved and missed bowl eligibility. Lloyd's underachieving and locker room attitude was a part of the problem.

Maybe Lloyd has turned a new leaf and is a terrific teammate now in Denver? However, I remain skeptical and worry he would impact the team chemistry in Buffalo. Maybe Lloyd comes in and helps this team to reach Indy this year and he'll erase my doubts.

This does not seem like a move the Bills would make. But for the right price go for it.

NO. Chan has enough weapons to scheme around the problems until Jones is back. This is not a permanent problems. Jones will miss probably 3, max 4 games (given the bye week). If you can steal Lloyd, sure, but that will not be an option. Plus he is a cancer. If you can get him for the 4th you got for Evans, fine, but that is it, which means it won't happen.

I'm not opposed to this at all. For the right price. I don't think he is worth a 2nd. Maybe a 3rd, but thats a stretch. If we somehow turn the 4th we got for Lee into Brandon Lloyd, it would be just WOW.

I love our receivers...but we are definitely thin right now.

...yeah, given his skills I think I'd go for a three. If we can get him for a 4th then great. I'll even go a step farther and say that if we get him for a fourth I am OK if he doesn't end up signing with us past this year. Reason being is that I think we have good talent going forward.

EDIT: BTW, if this rumor has legs and you are a Buffalo Bill and your last name is Martin...you should be worried.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

All about the price for me. He had a great year in Denver, but otherwise with stops in SF, Chicago and Washington, eh and seemed to be only productive when Kyle Orton was QB. Further, if he had trouble with the old school Joe Gibbs, not sure how he'd manage with Gailey.

Lots of questions. I'd be ok with swapping the 4th from the Evans trade, but nothing higher. I don't think the Bill absolutely need to do this move. The Bills seem to grow capable receivers on trees and I'd be happy seeing what Roosevelt and Aiken can do.

We've all heard the TO thing. It may be a better choice because he is familiar with the offense, he loves Buffalo, and we wouldnt have to trade any picks to aquire him. Lloyd wouldnt bother me unless we give up too much to aquire him.