Hi guys!

I had not visted TBD in about a year. that what happens when you have a baby at home , a new job with responsabilities and pass most of your free time writing a football blog that is now the most readen in the little world of french football (about 1000 connections per day) elitefoot.blogspot.com . I just wanted to say hello to all my old friends here. Hoping you're enjoying the Bills season as much as i do!!

Hey Olivier. Welcome back and congratulations on the new baby. My five year old daughter started school this year and we have her in French immersion. Last night I read her a bed time story in French. Luckily it was a very simple story and I could identify most of the words by the pictures in the book.

how far you from strasbourg?

just the opposite!! Strasbourg is the Boston of France, i live in the San Diego! Strasbourg is about 700 miles from here

Hey Olivier. Welcome back and congratulations on the new baby. My five year old daughter started school this year and we have her in French immersion. Last night I read her a bed time story in French. Luckily it was a very simple story and I could identify most of the words by the pictures in the book.

french immersion? where do you live? on the quebec border?!!

Where do you live now? I spent a week in and around Hendaye-Biarritz years ago. I also spent an evening in San Sebastian as I made my way up the coast from Portugal. Beautiful area.

I work in St jean de luz and live about 5 miles inland. My wife works in Hendaye.

I work in St jean de luz and live about 5 miles inland. My wife works in Hendaye.

Fantastic!! I'm an old surfer, and met some great people there during a trip in 1979. I was there again in 1989. You are lucky mon ami. Of course, I am sure it has grown and changed since then. Does everyone still wear "espadrilles"?

If I am lucky enough to make it back, I will surely visit you again.

Enjoy.

TPS

just the opposite!! Strasbourg is the Boston of France, i live in the San Diego! Strasbourg is about 700 miles from here

french immersion? where do you live? on the quebec border?!!

I live in Conception Bay South Newfoundland. They offer French immersion in the schools here and my daughter wanted to try it. She loves it. My grandson Aidan is also five years old and in French immersion kindergarten. Very glad we are offered this opportunity for them to be bi-lingual.

Fantastic!! I'm an old surfer, and met some great people there during a trip in 1979. I was there again in 1989. You are lucky mon ami. Of course, I am sure it has grown and changed since then. Does everyone still wear "espadrilles"?

If I am lucky enough to make it back, I will surely visit you again.

Enjoy.

TPS

Could be great to see you again!! the waves are roaring this days (the annual world surf competition ended yesterday) ... but i don't surf at all! Keep me informed if you plan a surf trip around here!! "espadrilles" are a little back in fashion! lol i wear some most of the summer, it's perfect for the good days.

I live in Conception Bay South Newfoundland. They offer French immersion in the schools here and my daughter wanted to try it. She loves it. My grandson Aidan is also five years old and in French immersion kindergarten. Very glad we are offered this opportunity for them to be bi-lingual.

Newfoundland... must be a great place to visit... i love northern lands... you must have a lot of basque neighbors! they were the first to settle there!

My 5 years old son is in a bi-lingual class too... French and Basque! But he'll learn english fast watching his father watching games on american TV!

lol !! Nice to read all of you! Thanks for the kind words. My baby girl was born at the end of november... almost walking now so Whites Bay, last season i confess i have used her a lot for an excuse to pass nights watching games! This year it's back to normal! Of course you're always welcome around here for a beer or two but i don't see much TBD guys since i've moved out of Paris to the Basque Country.

Welcoma back. Congrats on the little girl and the move.

Olivier - I'm kinda quiet on here too nowadays. A product of many of the same things you've gone through.

Excpet I have moved to Canada - less than 2 hours from Buffalo. Pretty much just so I can go to more Bills games. It's awesome.

Good to hear from you again my Gallic friend.

Could be great to see you again!! the waves are roaring this days (the annual world surf competition ended yesterday) ... but i don't surf at all! Keep me informed if you plan a surf trip around here!! "espadrilles" are a little back in fashion! lol i wear some most of the summer, it's perfect for the good days.

Newfoundland... must be a great place to visit... i love northern lands... you must have a lot of basque neighbors! they were the first to settle there!

My 5 years old son is in a bi-lingual class too... French and Basque! But he'll learn english fast watching his father watching games on american TV!

St. Pieree et Michelon is an island community just off the coast of Newfoundland. It is still part of France.

My French mom grew up in the suburbs of Paris (Drancy) and met my dad - an American soldier - during WWII. After the war, they married and moved to Buffalo.

Good to see my ancestral homeland is producing Bills fans. I wish you many more babies!

Edited by hondo in seattle

Olivier - I'm kinda quiet on here too nowadays. A product of many of the same things you've gone through.

Excpet I have moved to Canada - less than 2 hours from Buffalo. Pretty much just so I can go to more Bills games. It's awesome.

Good to hear from you again my Gallic friend.

So you've missed the great season of the Blitz?!!

Un petit coucou de Cannes :nana:

Est tu déjà allé voir un match à Buffalo ?

ca va Repulsif? quoi de neuf à l'Iron Mask?

J'ai eu la chance de voir plusieurs matchs des Bills à Buffalo dont le fameux Houston Game de 93. Tu dois pouvoir retrouver mon article là dessus dans les archives d'elitefoot.com

Welcome back, Olivier. Congrats on your success...but the Red Sox still suck. :devil:

Actually i have really enjoyed the Red Sox season and that last night of the regular season was the most incredible thing i had ever witness in sports! At the end it's still funnier to be a Red Sox fan than to be a fan of one of the vast majority of the other MLB teams.

Edited by olivier in france