4-1 i'll take it

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Game ball on offense should go to Eric Wood. He was a monster today.

On Defense both Wilson and Barnett had monster game. Poz was never a ball hawk, Barnett is.

Edited by ganesh

This team has a ton of grit and a ton of heart. Our defense might give up yards but they get the ball when they need to, can't ask for more. 4-1 is 4-1, doesn't matter how we got there either! :beer:

I love the aggressiveness and playmaking ability of guys like Wilson, Byrd, and Florence.

I think what you're seeing from our defense is some timely plays, but problems in the LB level and with our corners (especially the nickel and dime guys), which will hopefully dissipate as the young guys get more experience and McGee and Williams come back from injury.

I honestly never thought we was gonna lose this game...but I said the same against cincy.... but every years there a defense that gets all of the break as far as turnover and fumble this year its year its our defense.....and the yards are gonna pile up against us until we start getting sacks

I'd love to see us win decisively for once, but I'll take 4-1 :)

Granted...We did win decisively in week 1.

I am happy that the Bills have beaten 3 teams that were playoff bound last year. Jauron's teams could never win against winning programs. Now they need to take care of business in the AFC East.

What is more: The Eagles are 1-4 after this debacle and may miss the playoffs especially considering that the Giants, Redskins and Cowboys are playing very good football.

Edited by ganesh

What scares me is the bunker mentality some coaches seem to go into when playing with a lead.

Today, this mentality almost put us at 3-2. With Philly knowing that we were going to run, no intermediate to long passing game having been established, IMO this run only mentality allowed Philly to catch up and stay in the game until their last turnover.

If Philly is so geeked on 3rd and short in the 4th quarter, and you know they will be loading the "box" with defenders, why not throw a 5 yard out to get that 1st down? No one is expecting a pass to the flat, with the receiver going out of bounds. I can remember all of the successful, Super Bowl winning teams doing things like this, to eliminate exactly what we experienced today.

I'm not knocking the win, but you can't expect a turnover like Barnett got their at the end. The momentum was in Philly's favor, they were right on the doorstep again, and had they scored to even the numbers I can only think that we'd be looking at another loss.

I think Philly's problems saved the Bills today. They are turnover prone, sloppy tacklers, and make mistakes at the most inopportune of times. We benefited because of this. Last week against the Bengals and once again playing with a lead, Gailey felt it necessary to go into the bunker mentality of running the ball because you have the lead, and it DID burn the Bills with a loss in a game that they should have won. We should very easily be 5-0 right now.

I love the Bills. Love the win. But I would like to see us be more aggressive and much less conservative when playing with a lead to start the second half. They talked much about not letting their foot off of the proverbial throats of the Eagles today like they did against the Bengals, but I saw alot of the same easing off of the gas pedal since they were playing with a good lead.

Just my opinion, but the bunker mentality needs to go.

Can;t argue with 4-1. Fun game to watch. BTW, what a game by George Wilson huh? Nick Barnett was on fire too. The only problem I see with the Bills is late game success. They need to learn that no lead is comfortable, and they have to learn how to keep a big lead for the whole game.

I agree.... even the defensive play calling becomes passive