WFAN (NYC) afternoon guys both picked...

1billsfan

...the Eagles giving the points. They said the Bills have come down to earth, they aren't really that good, that the Eagles are a much better team and that this game won't even be close. This was on their weekly pick three games against the spread Friday show. So out of all the games they both felt that this was one of their top three picks of the week.

Make no mistake, the point spread and so many people picking the Eagles and deriding the Bills should make our team come out and play like monsters this Sunday.

...the Eagles giving the points. They said the Bills have come down to earth, they aren't really that good, that the Eagles are a much better team and that this game won't even be close. This was on their weekly pick three games against the spread Friday show. So out of all the games they both felt that this was one of their top three picks of the week.

Make no mistake, the point spread and so many people picking the Eagles and deriding the Bills should make our team come out and play like monsters this Sunday.

So, you think the players on the Bills don't try as hard when they're favored?

So, you think the players on the Bills don't try as hard when they're favored?

Given the results of last week's game, no I don't.

Bill Belichick is known for always playing "mind games" with his players by pointing out slights (be they major or minor) made against his team. I'm of the opinion that the more highly motivated team wins over 50 percent of NFL games when both teams are fairly equal.

The Bengals were more motivated than the Bills last week. Whoever is more motivated will win this Bills/Eagles game this Sunday. The Niners cared more than the Eagles did. Football is simple...if you don't care as much as the other team, you will get beat.

The Bills still need to prove themselves. The lost for way to long to be taken seriously by the rest of the league by simply winning 3 of 4. They need to show that after a loss they can regroup and go 3 and 1 in the next 4 games.

Given the results of last week's game, no I don't.

Bill Belichick is known for always playing "mind games" with his players by pointing out slights (be they major or minor) made against his team. I'm of the opinion that the more highly motivated team wins over 50 percent of NFL games when both teams are fairly equal.

The Bengals were more motivated than the Bills last week. Whoever is more motivated will win this Bills/Eagles game this Sunday. The Niners cared more than the Eagles did. Football is simple...if you don't care as much as the other team, you will get beat.

The Bills lost becasue they "didn't care as much" as the Bengals?? Or because they were favored? How does that work, play by play? Do thye just dog it expecting to turn it on at the end of the game and pull out the win?

It amazes me that people believe in this kind of thing.

The Bills lost becasue they "didn't care as much" as the Bengals?? Or because they were favored? How does that work, play by play? Do thye just dog it expecting to turn it on at the end of the game and pull out the win?

It was both, they were favored and they didn't care as much as the Bengals. It's a team psychology thing, not a play by play thing. Bill Belichick uses psychological ploys to motivate his team all the time.

I know that you wish your team plays hard all the time, but they clearly did not play with the same passion last week as they did the previous three weeks. It's my opinion that they didn't because they were favored and did not go into it with the same sense of urgency. The kind of urgency that the Bengals displayed in the 4th quarter. They looked like our team did the previous three weeks.

I think the Bills come out strong this week because they are underdogs with a 3-1 record playing at home against a 1-3 team. I know that this would tick me off badly. These guys are human after all. The fact that the Eagles are so desperate makes this game very hard to call. Both teams should have plenty of motivation so it should be one heck of a game this week. I think the one who wants it most will win.

I think the Bills will be as motivated as the Eagles will for this game. I personally think all the hype and attention the Bills received after the Pats game did take their mind off preparing for the Bengals. This week there's been no attention, no hype, no extra media interviews; it's all been directed at the Eagles. I think the pressure of a four game losing streak, the high expectations and being on the road is going do the Eagles in, and the Bills win.

With that in mind, in order to win we know what they must do:

1. Contain Vick; plain and simple, don't over pursue

2. Run Forrest, Run!!!! Sustain long drives, keep Vick off the field, let out D rest up.

3. Keep the passing game going with screens and slant routes, just get to the 1st down marker.

4. Keep Fitz upright; with Babin they may need to keep a TE or RB in to pick up the blitz, especially if Hairston struggles

5. Get McKelvin help over the top. I fear he'll cost us some points or worse yet the game.

So I know none of the above is rocket science, but if the offense sputters and can't get the 30+ points we've been accustomed to lately, then the D is going to have to step up. I just hope George Edwards gets this D ready and has a plan to stop Vick. If not, it's going to be a long, brutal game.

I think the Bills will be as motivated as the Eagles will for this game. I personally think all the hype and attention the Bills received after the Pats game did take their mind off preparing for the Bengals. This week there's been no attention, no hype, no extra media interviews; it's all been directed at the Eagles. I think the pressure of a four game losing streak, the high expectations and being on the road is going do the Eagles in, and the Bills win.

With that in mind, in order to win we know what they must do:

1. Contain Vick; plain and simple, don't over pursue

2. Run Forrest, Run!!!! Sustain long drives, keep Vick off the field, let out D rest up.

3. Keep the passing game going with screens and slant routes, just get to the 1st down marker.

4. Keep Fitz upright; with Babin they may need to keep a TE or RB in to pick up the blitz, especially if Hairston struggles

5. Get McKelvin help over the top. I fear he'll cost us some points or worse yet the game.

So I know none of the above is rocket science, but if the offense sputters and can't get the 30+ points we've been accustomed to lately, then the D is going to have to step up. I just hope George Edwards gets this D ready and has a plan to stop Vick. If not, it's going to be a long, brutal game.

I agree with this for the most part. To me, the offensive key for this game is Jackson, Spiller and Smith and how creative Gailey can be to get them the ball in space where the Eagles are not known for being good tacklers. I don't see Fitzpatrick as being anything other than a quick distributer of the ball. Defensively you've got to think that these guys have something to prove! Having said that I fully expect for Vick to hit on some big passing plays, they key is to get a couple of turnovers to match those big plays. I think both teams score in the twenties.

I wonder if both teams hope they're down a couple TDs going into the fourth quarter given how these games are going in the NFL...LOL

Edited by 1billsfan

By now it should come as no surprise.

I think this week is funny - every pick I have seen so far is for the Eagles...and the really funny part, me the pessimists pessimist thinks the Bills will actually win and do so with relative ease - something to the tune of 37 to 24... Maybe I had some KoolAide spilled on me, but looking at this thing for the Bills:

Philly's inside OL and DL are about as bad as there is in the NFL...and just as luck has it, Buffalo's interior OL and DL are the strength of each unit...

Philly's LB corp is a mess...Buffalo's running AND passing game, when firing on all cylinders has been tough for a good LB corp to handle...

Bills have a rookie starting an LT...Uh Oh...wait, the Eagles best pass rusher is out...

I know, Vick is going to be Vick and run wild and we need to account for shadey McCoy, but pullign a Jaworski here, the match-ups favor Buffalo....

Color me stupid, but this might actually be fun Sunday...

Edited by Kipers Hair

Bob your post is fair and insightful. to the OP, this game is very much about wanting it. Not just for players but coaches. I really do think now that we got trapped by a very hungry team that got a rhythym going with Benson and Dalton. Their defense was swarming, as it should be. we should take a lesson form Cinci and apply it to this week.

Also we have to run well against these guys. and more than 41%. Spiller might do well here also. we can play on desperation and cause the turnovers that is becoming one our strengths. and Kipers hair.. this should be a ball!

Weo, you clearly didn't play sports. Don't come back with some pathetic resume insisting that you did because you are clueless.