Fitz's Inaccuracy A Problem Going Forward?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be the first to say that I love Fitz and think he's a great player and a winner. However, his inaccuracy is worrisome. He has a lot of good plays set up for him that he blows with head-scratching throws. I am honestly starting to wonder if he can fix the problem. Time is against him.

I think that Fitz was forcing the ball downfield today due to the gameplan of attacking Cinci's blitz. It was a bad gameplan, as Buffalo doesn't necessarily have wide receivers who can take advantage of 1:1 coverage on the outside (some of those passes were to Brad Smith).

If the Bills go back to what they do well, attacking the short middle, running the offense through Jackson, and then working to the outside, Fitz should be all right.

Man, his passes were off today. I thought he might have got over that hump. Even on his good days though there is some really bad passes. I'm afraid our times up and soon a lot of those passes will be costly interceptions.

Fitz's Inaccuracy A Problem Going Forward?

No, but he's not Rodgers or Brady either. He's a decent QB but not one that's going to do those special things. He started strong out of the gate last year too before collapsing down the stretch. IMO expectations are way too high for him. That's what happens when you start like this though.

I'll be the first to say that I love Fitz and think he's a great player and a winner. However, his inaccuracy is worrisome. He has a lot of good plays set up for him that he blows with head-scratching throws. I am honestly starting to wonder if he can fix the problem. Time is against him.

I'll second that.

I think that Fitz was forcing the ball downfield today due to the gameplan of attacking Cinci's blitz. It was a bad gameplan, as Buffalo doesn't necessarily have wide receivers who can take advantage of 1:1 coverage on the outside (some of those passes were to Brad Smith).

If the Bills go back to what they do well, attacking the short middle, running the offense through Jackson, and then working to the outside, Fitz should be all right.

Do you think that any of the game plans have been good? I mean think about it, we haven't played anything close yet to a solid 4 quarters of good football all the way around. Our D's gotten kicked all over the field in the last three games and if it hadn't been for Brady having had a bad hair day that would have been a disaster.

Cincy, with a rookie QB? Really?

Oakland's two no-name WR lit us up like a Christmas tree.

I think this team still has a lot of work to do and isn't much better than last year's despite the record at present.

Do you think that any of the game plans have been good? I mean think about it, we haven't played anything close yet to a solid 4 quarters of good football all the way around. Our D's gotten kicked all over the field in the last three games and if it hadn't been for Brady having had a bad hair day that would have been a disaster.

Cincy, with a rookie QB? Really?

Oakland's two no-name WR lit us up like a Christmas tree.

I think this team still has a lot of work to do and isn't much better than last year's despite the record at present.

I think the offensive gameplans up to the Cinci game were good. I thought the Raiders defensive gameplan wasn't that bad, seeing how they contained McFadden, but Campbell had the game of his life. I thought the Pats defensive gameplan was more of an exercise of surviving the Brady onslaught, so it was okay.

Today's gameplans on both sides of the ball were terrible. The offensive gameplan was too aggressive, while the defensive gameplan was not agressive enough.

Of the offense and defense, the offense should be all right. I'm more worried about the defense.

It seems like he kept trying to force longer throws, and not taking what was given to him on the shorter routes . . . today at least, I think he just made too many bad decisions. This is not a deep route team, Jones does't get separation, and when trying to go long, although he was only sacked once, he was pressured and hurried quite a bit. Bad day for Ftiz, the offense just never got in rhythm.

Lack of Execution lost this game. Fitz was inaccurate, yes, but there were missed blocks all over the field and tons of blown coverage on defense. Fitz does a good job to shore up the accuracy issues here and there, but the blown coverage in the secondary and the inability of what should be a very good defensive line is tiring. It was tough to stomach today.

i saw some unfavorable calls, which went our way the last few weeks. today though i saw his inaccuracy as our biggest flaw. a close 2nd was the defense, nothing in particular, but they did allow the big play at inopportune moments and werent able to make stops at the most imprtant moments. both sides of the ball fed off eachother, but i thought fitz hurt the d more so than the other way around.

Fitz is what he is.... He can lead a good team to the playoffs, he is unlikely to string together 4 error free games that it takes to win it all. I like him a lot I'm glad he is starting for us during this period where we need strong vet leadership but I think this front office pulls the trigger on a qb if the right guy is there still. As excited as we all were - this last month was progress but not a truly changed team or qb. I pegged 6 wins- I might say 7-8 now but I still think we are middle of the pack and playing above ourselves the last couple weeks. Not harsh criticism, just my take on building a winner- which I think is happening.

I love the Fitz story and what he's done so far this year. However, there's a reason the Bills might not be in a huge hurry to sign him to a franchise deal. Every game starts with somewhere between 6 and 12 horrific passes. Teams also know that he's not a huge deep threat so they will bring the safeties up unless he shows that the can throw deep.

Let's let the season play out before we sign anyone to franchise deals.

I think the offensive gameplans up to the Cinci game were good. I thought the Raiders defensive gameplan wasn't that bad, seeing how they contained McFadden, but Campbell had the game of his life. I thought the Pats defensive gameplan was more of an exercise of surviving the Brady onslaught, so it was okay.

Today's gameplans on both sides of the ball were terrible. The offensive gameplan was too aggressive, while the defensive gameplan was not agressive enough.

Of the offense and defense, the offense should be all right. I'm more worried about the defense.

I think if Ryan had made some better football decisions on where he should throw the football on third and short today wouldve been the biggest difference in the game. He took way too many shots down the field when all they needed was a short 2- 4yd gain. Once in awhile after you have made a few of the short first down throws do you take a shot downfield but not the majority of your third and shorts.

Man, his passes were off today. I thought he might have got over that hump. Even on his good days though there is some really bad passes. I'm afraid our times up and soon a lot of those passes will be costly interceptions.

He good enough to beat average defenses but he has always struggled against good defenses, as much as we love the guy we cannot hang our hat on him. The problem I see with it is the coaching staff doesn't adjust. we refuse to pound Freddy, get away from quick slants to CJ, do not use the wildcat, no RBs lining up behind McIntosh. We just keep spreading the field and try to pick them apart.

lol. here we go again with the bipolarness. do you guys see other QB's play in this league? I'd easily take Fitz over at least 20 of them. Fitz must throw for 300yds and 2td's every game apparently, or else the heavens are falling.

It was a subpar game all-around. It happens. We lost by 3 points on the road. We're 3-1. Jesus. Reading these boards one would think that Fitz threw for 120yds and 3 picks.

He good enough to beat average defenses but he has always struggled against good defenses, as much as we love the guy we cannot hang our hat on him. The problem I see with it is the coaching staff doesn't adjust. we refuse to pound Freddy, get away from quick slants to CJ, do not use the wildcat, no RBs lining up behind McIntosh. We just keep spreading the field and try to pick them apart.

He put up good numbers against Pittsburgh and Baltimore last season, so I don't think that's true. He's an excellent QB when he doesn't force passes, and uses his ability to read defenses to find the open guy. The Bills were hell-bent on forcing the ball down the field today, even if it meant going deep to their 3rd string QB on 3rd and medium.

I think they learned their lesson today. Fitzpatrick will return to form next week.

He put up good numbers against Pittsburgh and Baltimore last season, so I don't think that's true. He's an excellent QB when he doesn't force passes, and uses his ability to read defenses to find the open guy. The Bills were hell-bent on forcing the ball down the field today, even if it meant going deep to their 3rd string QB on 3rd and medium.

I think they learned their lesson today. Fitzpatrick will return to form next week.

I agree with this post. Or at least I hope it's true.