Back to Earth

phypon

The O-Line was very exposed, too. Cinci's defense is pretty good, but they certainly aren't the Steel Curtain. The offense

only scored 13 points, couldn't run and couldn't provide pass protection to Fitzpatrick. The OL has been far better than

many thought it would be, but they still aren't all that good.

I think we saw a lot of drops by WRs, too - at least a number of big plays that were there to be had with top receivers and

our group of over-achievers couldn't come through. Meanwhile, AJ Green made a PHENOMENAL catch on a long pass to

set up a score.

The Bills did get jobbed on the phantom drop by Stevie. Can anyone possibly tell me how that was an incomplete pass?

Still, really weak effort by the offense.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the run was good while it lasted. I saw this one coming. Bils ranked 26th on D, Bengals 3rd. Offensively it was just the opposite. A good defense at home will win that matchup 80 percent of the time. You give up 70 plays and over 450 yards to the 26th ranked offense (plus they spot you 2 TDS off turnovers), you deserve to lose. With a Rookie QB putting it up your tail pipe, it makes it even worse. National sports media is gonna have a field day with this one.

The Bills defense is the same ole, same ole. They can't put any pressure on the QB, and they're still mediocre against the run. The first thing the Bills need to do is decide if they're a 3-4 or 4-3. If they're a 3-4, they better get a real nose tackle... a big fat slob that weighs 350 lbs.... in the mold of Wilfork, Ted Washington, Kris Jenkins. Otherwise, they're never going to crack the top 15 defenses. The second thing they need to do is get a real defensive coordinator. George Edwards is in way over his head.

there were pressure and sack during the first half...D was useless in the second. That must go on Edward's shoulders. We've been winning in spite of the defense. I honestly can not imagine how the Bills will stay competitive when half the team consistently gives away the game. Edwards has got to go.

I didn't think they were going to go 16-0.

If we keep playing like this, correct, and we'll be 6-10 or 7-9 again at the end of the season too.

We very easily could have been 1-3 right now.

But "we" aren't.

Next week we play a home game against a team that just lost to the 49ers.

It looks like the Bills will be just bad enough to not make the playoffs and just good enough to not get the first pick in the draft. Another waste of a season.

If we keep playing like this, correct, and we'll be 6-10 or 7-9 again at the end of the season too.

We very easily could have been 1-3 right now.

The Bills should be 1-3, they are even worse than the 2008 Bills.

Same ****, different year. Oh well, hopefully we can get another decent draft, and re-sign a couple guys who are ok with taking less money.

I don't agree. We are better than last year, but not there yet. This game proved that we need to beef up our D and get better on the O line. 1 more off season....

It looks like the Bills will be just bad enough to not make the playoffs and just good enough to not get the first pick in the draft. Another waste of a season.

Its ONE friggin' game. We came into today as the highest scoring team. We had a bad game. Look around the league. Every team has let down games. We crapped the bed today, but to say that its another wasted season is just absurd. We play 2 very winnable games before the bye week. We can be 5-1 at the bye. Not too bad. I knew I was going to read posts like these after the game but did you really expect the Bills to go 16-0?

The O-Line was very exposed, too. Cinci's defense is pretty good, but they certainly aren't the Steel Curtain. The offense

only scored 13 points, couldn't run and couldn't provide pass protection to Fitzpatrick. The OL has been far better than

many thought it would be, but they still aren't all that good.

I think we saw a lot of drops by WRs, too - at least a number of big plays that were there to be had with top receivers and

our group of over-achievers couldn't come through. Meanwhile, AJ Green made a PHENOMENAL catch on a long pass to

set up a score.

The Bills did get jobbed on the phantom drop by Stevie. Can anyone possibly tell me how that was an incomplete pass?

Still, really weak effort by the offense.

The entire team stunk up the joint. The officiating was crap, the offense did not execute and the defense was horrible. Terrible game to watch because it was obvious Buffalo could have and should have won. This one will come back to haunt us.

Its ONE friggin' game. We came into today as the highest scoring team. We had a bad game. Look around the league. Every team has let down games. We crapped the bed today, but to say that its another wasted season is just absurd. We play 2 very winnable games before the bye week. We can be 5-1 at the bye. Not too bad. I knew I was going to read posts like these after the game but did you really expect the Bills to go 16-0?

I don't think anyone realistically expected 16 - 0 but after the hot start we did expect them to win the games they SHOULD win (i.e. today's game). It shows how far away this team is with the performance displayed today. I can understand what others are saying about the offense, but I'm more worried about the defense. I have to say, I really think it (lack of defensive performance) falls on Edwards' shoulders.

LOL

The defense was exposed when Jason Campbell, Denarius Moore, and Derek Hagan ripped them apart as if they were Montana, Rice, and Taylor.

If Brady hadn't had an uncharacteristic 4 INTs then they'd have put up 50 again.

The defense has sucked all season except v. KC, who seems to be this year's S&M recipient team.

The Defense at least scored 7 pts and got another interception to help the offense score. The offense really sucked this game. Except for Mckelvin, our defense was really not that bad.

The Defense at least scored 7 pts and got another interception to help the offense score. The offense really sucked this game. Except for Mckelvin, our defense was really not that bad.

Are you kidding, we couldn't stop the run as the game wore on!

there were pressure and sack during the first half...D was useless in the second. That must go on Edward's shoulders. We've been winning in spite of the defense. I honestly can not imagine how the Bills will stay competitive when half the team consistently gives away the game. Edwards has got to go.

I don't see how you play a rookie QB in his 4th game and never rush more than 4 men. The key to beating rookies is usually by pressuring them into making mistakes. If the QB beats you by quickly dissecting the blitz and coverage and throwing accurate passes, so be it but to let him just sit back there play after play is horrible.