Dear NFL ..........................................

1. Horrible calls that went against the Bills.

2. Still, they were outplayed on both sides of the ball and quite frankly did not deserve a win yesterday.

3. If the roles were reversed and some Bengals fans came on here whining about the refs everyone knows how they'd be treated, right?

4. Move on.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. Still, they were outplayed on both sides of the ball and quite frankly did not deserve a win yesterday.

Absolutely untrue... we were +2 in the turnover department and that call stopped us from scoring at least 3 points that could have put us in a position to win and changed the tone.

Officials should NEVER, EVER be allowed to influence the outcome of a game in that manner, period.

I don't think that the NFL is fixed and most of the posters are right, the defense stunk and we didn't have as many calls go our way as we did the prior two weeks. It still doesn't change the fact that the officiating in the NFL, for the most part, is pretty bad. I am not sure why they don't start by making these guys full time employees.

I'm sure this concept of part time refs is passed on from high school, to college, and then the pros, but it makes no sense in a league that is rolling in the dough, that they don't go to full-time refs. I wonder when the last time this question was posed to an NFL commissioner, and what the response was.

Bottom line...If the owners wanted full-time refs(more money), it would happen. I'll save the next poster the trouble...Ralph is cheap! :)

1. Horrible calls that went against the Bills.

3. If the roles were reversed and some Bengals fans came on here whining about the refs everyone knows how they'd be treated, right?

4. Move on.

Exactly. Bills didn't play well enough to win. Bengals did. End of story. We weren't going to go 16-0. Next game I'm betting they play much better. This is a learning experience for them.

i hate the fact that the officials allowed the Bengals to generate 450 yards offense. you'd think they'd get in the way of Dalton or Benson in an attempt to stop them. unfair.

jw

Nobody saying the Bills played well JW...Nobody is saying the call was the sole reason they lost the Game...We're Football Fans...We get it...But it was a HUGE call at a crucial part of the Game...There are plenty of threads about the Defensive and the Offensive problems....This thread is about the officiating and that ridiculous call...It was a pivotal point in the game...Who knows what would have happened after that?...But one this is certain...The bad call helped the Bengals win...As did the Bills Defense...And the Bengals Defense for that matter... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Nobody saying the Bills played well JW...Nobody is saying the call was the sole reason they lost the Game...We're Football Fans...We get it...But it was a HUGE call at a crucial part of the Game...There are plenty of threads about the Defensive and the Offensive problems....This thread is about the officiating and that ridiculous call...It was a pivotal point in the game...Who knows what would have happened after that?...But one this is certain...The bad call helped the Bengals win...As did the Bills Defense...And the Bengals Defense for that matter... B-)

Reading through this thread and others like it, I'd have to disagree.

i hate the fact that the officials allowed the Bengals to generate 450 yards offense. you'd think they'd get in the way of Dalton or Benson in an attempt to stop them. unfair.

jw

I do think the referees questionable calls did directly affect the outcome of the football game.

Is it asking too much for the referees to do their jobs? If you ask me they made mistakes that cost the Bills. Why can't the referees be held accountable for screw ups that directly dictate the games outcome? Why do we always have to say, well they should have played better? The Bills did play well enough to win had the refs done their job correctly.

If the referees make the right calls I do not think the Bengals will win that game. I don't care what anyone thinks, the refs blew that game.

The NFL is a for profit league, like all professional sports, so close games keeps everyone on the edge of their seat and sells. Of course every game is changed by referee calls or non-calls. Are the Bills the only victims? No. But the refs kept the Bengals in the game and wanted to give them the chance to win for sure. Bottom line is though, that's a game that a good (playoff) team pulls out at the end. The Bills weren't good enough.

Reading through this thread and others like it, I'd have to disagree.

That call directly influenced the loss, and it cost us a CHANCE to win, and it certainly cost us to lose the game in regulation for sure.

23-13 with a FG on that drive

23-20

20-20 end of regulation

Obvious...

Edited by BmoreBills

Or so Buffalo can lose and not stay a game ahead of Tom Brady and New England in the standings...i.e. money. And power.

Change is exciting. Bills No. 1 in the AFC East. Lions No. 1 in the NFL. I.E. more eyeballs. I.E. more ad dollars. No one, other than NE fans, want to see NE in the Superbowl every year. And how does New England staying ahead of Buffalo equate to power?

Thought you were at least going to blame the Smoking Man.

That call directly influenced the loss, and it cost us a CHANCE to win, and it certainly cost us to lose the game in regulation for sure.

23-20

20-20 end of regulation

Obvious...

So the two drives(tying TD and winning FG) that were led by Dalton in his 4th career start, had nothing to do with the Bills losing? It was just the bad call? :doh:

Edited by LabattBlue

So the two drives(tying TD and winning FG) that were led by Dalton in his 4th career start, had nothing to do with the Bills losing? It wast just the bad call? :doh:

NO, because the best they do is TIE in regulation, and we go to OT if that catch stands. Last time I checked, a tie isn't a loss.

Edited by BmoreBills

23-20

20-20 end of regulation

Obvious...

So, not only was it a given the Bills would have picked up another 15-20 yards, it was a given that Lindell would bury it?

Why not just say 27-13 and be done with it outright?