Before I can go any further, I must first chew on some crow.

The Bills, post Kelly-Levy, have made it hard for us to be fans.

Since then, we've only had 1 1/2 exciting years under Flutie, sans a playoff game, and two under Bledsoe. Every other year, this team has been dreadful. Tod Collins. Rob Johnson. JP Losman. Trent Edwards. Williams. Mularky. Juaron. Ugh.

Welcome back.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This.

Ir's the emotional connection Bills fans have with their team that separates us from the casual fans of other franchises. I'm sure there are fans like this in every city, but without a doubt Buffalo has the highest proportion of fans emotionally connected to their team. I have lived in NYC and now NE and it seems there are bandwagoners galore. It's because they pick and chose whichever one of their teams is doing well this season. Pathetic.

Especially here in NE. When the Pats* sucked, they were a week away from becoming the Hartford Patriots because fan support was so low. Now everyone has been a fan of the Pats* forever. When they start to slide, and it's happening, Foxboro won't sell out. Bandwagoners. No emotional connection. I still get pissed about bad calls and stuff made 15 years ago (like that Hail Mary pass interference). Fans of other teams just don't understand and can't.

RTB

You know...thinking about it a little, I'm not even 100 percent sure I truly turned my back. I was keeping up with the team. I was monitoring what they did. I was watching them when they were on TV. I knew who they drafted. I knew their player movement. Even last year, they were a fun, fun team to watch. I decided to watch other games instead of the Bills games. But, I never bought a Bucs jersey. I don't even have a Bucs coffee mug. I still have ALL my Bills stuff. Even watching the Bucs games, I never got INTO it like I did with Bills games. I think what I was really doing was just watching something else because the Bills were so bad.

The Bills, post Kelly-Levy, have made it hard for us to be fans.

Since then, we've only had 1 1/2 exciting years under Flutie, sans a playoff game, and two under Bledsoe. Every other year, this team has been dreadful. Tod Collins. Rob Johnson. JP Losman. Trent Edwards. Williams. Mularky. Juaron. Ugh.

Welcome back.

Thank you, Sir. It DOES feel good for the Bills to seemingly be relevant again.

It could all come crashing down around our ears as soon as this Sunday, though I really kinda doubt it. There are a couple of good "barometer" games coming up. We shall soon see! Either way, the fanbase has my allegiance from now until the Buffalo Bills no longer exist. You can take that to the bank!

Cool! Where do you go to watch the games?

No one place in particular....Since I live in College Park - Scruffy Murphy's or Wildsides downtown. I did go to The Friendly Confines in Waterford Lakes which is the designated place for Bill's Backers of East Orlando but the bar area where all of the action is was filled at 12:30 so we were relegated to the dining room which was pretty tame.

No one place in particular....Since I live in College Park - Scruffy Murphy's or Wildsides downtown. I did go to The Friendly Confines in Waterford Lakes which is the designated place for Bill's Backers of East Orlando but the bar area where all of the action is was filled at 12:30 so we were relegated to the dining room which was pretty tame.

I tried to go to that bar once, but even though it was a "Bills Backers" club, there were FAR TOO MANY Bears fans in the house, and they moved us to some small TV in the back. So, I started watching the games at Buffalo Wild Wings on International Drive. Last week, though, I was at the Orlando Ale House on West Colonial near Hiawassee.

You, sir, are what I like to call a Bandwagoner.

You, sir, are what I like to call a tool. Thanks so much for using your 55th post of all time to share that wealth of information. The last thing we need is less Bills fans. I imagine you're the guy who waits until the "speak now or forever hold your peace" to share you're feelings about the bride's bachelorette party.

This.

Ir's the emotional connection Bills fans have with their team that separates us from the casual fans of other franchises. I'm sure there are fans like this in every city, but without a doubt Buffalo has the highest proportion of fans emotionally connected to their team. I have lived in NYC and now NE and it seems there are bandwagoners galore. It's because they pick and chose whichever one of their teams is doing well this season. Pathetic.

Especially here in NE. When the Pats* sucked, they were a week away from becoming the Hartford Patriots because fan support was so low. Now everyone has been a fan of the Pats* forever. When they start to slide, and it's happening, Foxboro won't sell out. Bandwagoners. No emotional connection. I still get pissed about bad calls and stuff made 15 years ago (like that Hail Mary pass interference). Fans of other teams just don't understand and can't.

RTB

Agreed. I have been fortunate enough to instill the love for the Bills to my son, despite the fact we live 5 miles from Gillette. He and I were definitely disturbing the neighborhood last Sunday, and he could not wait to get to school on Monday. :thumbsup:

I instantly thought of the Hail Mary PI when the call was made on Nelson in the endzone. Nice to see the calls going the Bills way.

Edited by webtoe

I made a similar confession when I joined this board a couple of years ago.

I turned my back on football completely after the last superbowl. Other than drag racing, the NCAA tournament, and a little bit of the little league world series, I didn't follow any sports. I watched a few superbowls, but only for the beer and barbeque that normally accompanied it. I was in my early 20's when I stopped following the Bill's. I was beginning my carrer and I was in a budding relationship that ultimately led to marriage and a family, so I could not have cared less about the Buffalo Bills. I never saw any of the other quarterbacks play after Jim Kelly.

My marriage ended in 2005, and it took until 2007 to get my life back on track. I had sole custody of my young children, and a new home, so Sundays were spent with them instead of fishing or racing. I caught a few games in '07. Then 2008 came along. I credit Trent Edwards for drawing me back in. That son-of-a-B!!! :rolleyes: The last few years has been hard as a Bills fan, but I haven't waivered one bit in my loyalty and optimism since.

Welcome back. You picked the right fan forum for sure. I have gained a lot of knowledge right here.

GO BILLS!!!

I made a similar confession when I joined this board a couple of years ago.

I turned my back on football completely after the last superbowl. Other than drag racing, the NCAA tournament, and a little bit of the little league world series, I didn't follow any sports. I watched a few superbowls, but only for the beer and barbeque that normally accompanied it. I was in my early 20's when I stopped following the Bill's. I was beginning my carrer and I was in a budding relationship that ultimately led to marriage and a family, so I could not have cared less about the Buffalo Bills. I never saw any of the other quarterbacks play after Jim Kelly.

My marriage ended in 2005, and it took until 2007 to get my life back on track. I had sole custody of my young children, and a new home, so Sundays were spent with them instead of fishing or racing. I caught a few games in '07. Then 2008 came along. I credit Trent Edwards for drawing me back in. That son-of-a-B!!! :rolleyes: The last few years has been hard as a Bills fan, but I haven't waivered one bit in my loyalty and optimism since.

Welcome back. You picked the right fan forum for sure. I have gained a lot of knowledge right here.

GO BILLS!!!

I kinda figured I did. Way back in the day, Yahoo had a Buffalo Bills message board. I posted there for several years, but I guess they have done away with that place. This seems like the primo place to not only post, but get up to date Bills info.

This transgression should not be forgiven without pennance...confession is only the first step. As pennance, you shall listen to the Bills Shout Song 100 times in succession and have Flutie Flakes for breakfast every day for two weeks. Then watch a replay of the 11th pick in the 2009 NFL draft 100 times and then go back and read every Losman vs. Edwards thread archived on this site.

I tried to go to that bar once, but even though it was a "Bills Backers" club, there were FAR TOO MANY Bears fans in the house, and they moved us to some small TV in the back. So, I started watching the games at Buffalo Wild Wings on International Drive. Last week, though, I was at the Orlando Ale House on West Colonial near Hiawassee.

Great spot to watch sabres games as well! I thought it was called Miller's Ale house. Been there a few times although I don't live in Orlando. I have kids. I'm sure those of us with kids understaand once mickey time is over its to head on over to the Ale house.

I had a buddy call me from Kentucky after Sunday just to tell me he was jumping on the bandwagon. It was great to hear people taking notice. Join the wagon and welcome back

This transgression should not be forgiven without pennance...confession is only the first step. As pennance, you shall listen to the Bills Shout Song 100 times in succession and have Flutie Flakes for breakfast every day for two weeks. Then watch a replay of the 11th pick in the 2009 NFL draft 100 times and then go back and read every Losman vs. Edwards thread archived on this site.

Is that all?

If that's the case i should get a $100 bill just for having tickets to these games the past three years

Welcome back there's tons of room still left on this wagon.

Really you were once a Dolphan? Really? I understand the rivalry isn't what is used to be, but we all remember and still very much dislike that franchise!I live in Davie, FL(their headquarters).I would quit football before I became a fan of them.

The Jaguars would have been more acceptable.

Edited by qwksilver

I've learned a very valuable lesson, and I hope that I can keep learning it.

The Bucs and Dolphins were near here, and I started watching them, along with the Bills. During the "great collapse" of 2008, I turned my back on the team for good. I figured that Ralph was going to move the team, anyway, or someone would once he died. I didn't see the Bills doing anything more as an organization ever again, until such move was complete. So, I started pulling for my Florida teams

You were pulling for the Dolphins? What a douche!

You, sir, are what I like to call a tool. Thanks so much for using your 55th post of all time to share that wealth of information. The last thing we need is less Bills fans. I imagine you're the guy who waits until the "speak now or forever hold your peace" to share you're feelings about the bride's bachelorette party.

If you would have just read a few posts later you would have seen that I clearly welcomed him back and he recognized his transgressions. Just poking a little fun at the man.

However, to you, and everyone else on here for that matter, that uses the "how dare you have an opinion when you've only wrote ___ # of posts."

Not all of us have hours upon hours during the day to read and respond to everything that's posted on here. Some of us just like to read what's going on in Bills world and not post or respond at all, some of us like to respond once in a while, and some of us respond a lot. Who cares? Does it really mean that you're a bigger fan or you have more of a right to an opinion because you have more posts than I do? Let it be man, just enjoy some conversation/debate/fanfare. And if you are gonna come with something, please try a little harder than your bride bachelorette party thingy. What does that even mean?

These posts/replies are almost as bad as the grammar police that often pop up.

If you would have just read a few posts later you would have seen that I clearly welcomed him back and he recognized his transgressions. Just poking a little fun at the man.

However, to you, and everyone else on here for that matter, that uses the "how dare you have an opinion when you've only wrote ___ # of posts."

Not all of us have hours upon hours during the day to read and respond to everything that's posted on here. Some of us just like to read what's going on in Bills world and not post or respond at all, some of us like to respond once in a while, and some of us respond a lot. Who cares? Does it really mean that you're a bigger fan or you have more of a right to an opinion because you have more posts than I do? Let it be man, just enjoy some conversation/debate/fanfare. And if you are gonna come with something, please try a little harder than your bride bachelorette party thingy. What does that even mean?

These posts/replies are almost as bad as the grammar police that often pop up.

Someone call the wambulance.

j/k