Who does Fitz remind you of?

He reminds me of Fitz.

Great qb's become great qb's with the chemistry of the team. Chan the Man doesn't need a Andrew Luck or Manning, he needs a qb that understands his system and the coach to understand him. Chan is and always has been considered one of the true great offensive coordinators of his time. He has a coaching staff he can relate to and a management that listens to him and is on the same page. Everyone around says the same thing about qb's and what's great or not. It's the system he learned and fit into him and Chan understanding how Fitz works. Put Fitz in a Redskin uniform and ask if he fits in? It's the sytem he's in and the chemistry that is built. Yes a qb needs to have strong attributes like an arm, accurate, quickness or mobility. Chan in my opinion really studied Fitz and installed a system that works for Fitz and Fitz being as smart as he is (considered one of the smartest athletes)I think its the system he's in that will work.

Neil Odonnell

I'm with you. He reminds me of a lumbering qb who, in his best year, threw for 17 touchdowns. Fitz, like Neil O'donnell, is merely the caretaker of a power running offense. Very astute observation. I'm guessing you're a doctor or scientist of some sort. Did you attend Harvard with Fitz?

Edited by Thisistheyear

Doug The miget Flutie

I agree with you.

He doesn't look like Flutie and is a much easier person to like, but just like Flutie, his agility makes the OL seem a lot better than they are. Both of them were/are great at getting out of trouble and getting their bodies in position to step into throws. Bledsoe could make many of these throws laying on a lounge chair, but he was more prone to get sacked. Even athletic qbs such as JP and especially RJ were finished when they started rolling out.

Fitz also reminds me of a younger Matt Hasselback. MH had a bit more arm imo, but Fitz is more aglie. And as we know, MH got to a superbowl. If we can continue to make this a stronger, more talented team, the sky is the limit.

I still contend he has a lot of Brett Favre in his game, the way he can move around in the pocket, and his fearlessness when trying to put the ball into traffic. I will say though, that I actually think Fitzpatrick has a better understanding of an offensive attack, like a coordinator. Evidence of that would be reading defenses, and putting his receivers in position to make plays.

I agree with the Favre comparison. Maybe not quite the cannon that Favre has, But Fitz can definately put some heat on the ball when throwing it into tight windows. Appearance and size seem similar to Favre, toughness (like making the tackle, othe interception he threw, throwing blocks for his rb's etc.), and they both have that overall anti-Brady mentality. Gunslinger who can either throw a pick or win the game for you.