WSJ: Buffalo's secret is a stampede

Scrappy

We're likely to improve as well, with continued practice / play. That is another factor to weigh in, opposing defenses will have to make adjustments for.

I'm just saying we aren't going to score 35+ every game. Eventually the NFL will catch up. They always do. That's when we will find out how good Chan and the players really are.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I'm just saying we aren't going to score 35+ every game. Eventually the NFL will catch up. They always do. That's when we will find out how good Chan and the players really are.

PTR

I dont know, how do you handle it? Quarter and dime packages? That would leave room for the run... Turnovers and force incompletions but that is kinda always the key to winning...

Eventually some good defensive team will figure out how to play the Bills. But Fitz and Chan the difference maker. Just like Brady, a good QB, and team, who executes with precision can still win out.

PTR

They've had many years to figure out the Patriots Offense but few if any can stop it. The way to beat us and the Pats is with a bruising pass rush, particularly from the middle to collapse the pocket. That's why Chan is opting for big bodies on the O'line. But you're right, some team is going to figure out a way to slow us down and let's hope Chan figures out a response. I'm confident he can but in the meantime, let's enjoy this ride.

They've had many years to figure out the Patriots Offense but few if any can stop it. The way to beat us and the Pats is with a bruising pass rush, particularly from the middle to collapse the pocket. That's why Chan is opting for big bodies on the O'line. But you're right, some team is going to figure out a way to slow us down and let's hope Chan figures out a response. I'm confident he can but in the meantime, let's enjoy this ride.

Jets going to be dangerous against us, those games will prove if Gaileys variant is better then that of the Pats*; on paper with the running game mixed in it; it is... Time will tell I guess.

Edited by bladiebla

Great article, thanks for taking the time to post it! It's obvious that Gailey is a great offensive coach, and is able to get the most out of people. He has done this throughout his career. Indeed, isn't that what Cowher had to say about him? You can see the development in guys like Fitzpatrick, Stevie Johnson, Donald Jones, and even, Freddie Jackson. The entire offensive line is looking better as well. Take a look at the Chicago Bears line, for comparison. For once, we have a coach that deserves the moniker!

Hmmm...gigantic bodies on the o-line, empty backfield, spreading the offense and forcing your opponent to defend the entire field, distributing the ball evenly to all your offensive weapons, turning a virtual unknown into a league-leading QB... :unsure:

It all sounds a lot like...

Mike Leach

But then again, none of that stuff would ever work in the NFL :rolleyes:

I really like the comment page.

John Strauss wrote:

The Bills can't even win legally. They have to steal from the Patriots playbook. I guess that will happen when you don't have competent enough coaches to come up with your own gameplan. You have to steal someone else's.

I'm kinda tempted to sign up on that website just to point out spygate to him.

It continues to baffle me that fans are entirely unaware of the respect that Gailey commands around the league as an offensive genius. It's been mentioned time and time again by many professionals. He is more than competent on that side of the ball.

It continues to baffle me that fans are entirely unaware of the respect that Gailey commands around the league as an offensive genius. It's been mentioned time and time again by many professionals. He is more than competent on that side of the ball.

I think winning means more to Chan than anything else, respect will fall in behind that.