Bruschi analyzes the game

dave mcbride

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7022802/bruschi-tap-patriots-defense-adjust

A. Pressure would have helped, but Fitzpatrick gets rid of the ball so quickly that pressure sometimes doesn't matter. You may have just seen the birth of a new great quarterback in the NFL. I'm not saying Fitzpatrick is anywhere near Brady or Rodgers, but there is something about this guy that I really like.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7022802/bruschi-tap-patriots-defense-adjust

A. Pressure would have helped, but Fitzpatrick gets rid of the ball so quickly that pressure sometimes doesn't matter. You may have just seen the birth of a new great quarterback in the NFL. I'm not saying Fitzpatrick is anywhere near Brady or Rodgers, but there is something about this guy that I really like.

Props to Bruschi for giving props to the Bills.

"...these aren't the old Buffalo Bills any more. They showed that on Sunday."

"...I've been a huge Fred Jackson fan for years."

"We all know the quality of receiver that Marshall and Jackson are, but Stevie Johnson is a very underrated talent. On his touchdown reception over McCourty, he put a move on him that left McCourty standing still. He faked inside, McCourty bit on the inside route, and then he ran a go route. It was one of the better routes I've seen this year."

Even defended the PI call!

"Brown's back was to the ball and he wasn't looking to the ball. David Nelson did a good job showing the official that he was making an effort for the ball. The defensive back has to show the official he is making an effort for the ball, and not just shielding the receiver. If he had turned his head, it might have been different."

Amazingly, the ball was thrown 85 times yesterday and there were no sacks. This is the new NFL. We are so lucky to have found the perfect QB for our team who not only knows how to play in today's game, but he excels in this style!

I posted a thread almost a year ago where I thought there were signs Fitzpatrick had "franchise" potential based on his recent play up to that point. I'm glad that he has gone above and beyond in the "proving himself" department! What an awesome feeling as a fan to see him come on so strong this year. He deserves a nice big fat QB contract and he'll get it. Jackson and Johnson too!

Q. Any more thoughts on Ocho's performance. He caused one interception and dropped a beautiful pass from Brady. -- Vikram (Boston)

A. You've got to catch that ball. Dropping that ball is inexcusable. Chad knows that. On the interception, could that route have been better? Maybe, but I see that as a spectacular defensive play.

what? Ocho had 3 steps on McLovin and dropped it. How is that a spectacular defensive play?

A quality of a smart QB. Go Harvard!!!

Wow, never thought I would see the day an ex Pat gave praise to any other team, especially a divisional opponent, especially the Bills. I may need to apologize after saying he and Harrison can't see through the Pats haze to call anyone or anything non Pats good. I still don't like Harrison though.

http://espn.go.com/b...-defense-adjust

I'm pleasantly surprised. This was a very measured, balanced analysis.

I really like how he gives props to the Bills DB:

Having said that, two of those interceptions -- the interception by George Wilson on Rob Gronkowski, and the interception by Leodis McKelvin on Chad Ochocinco -- were spectacular defensive plays. You could say that was a poor route by Chad, but what I saw was McKelvin preventing Chad from getting back to the ball with his right arm. A fantastic play.

I also like how he gives props to Stevie J:

Stevie Johnson is a very underrated talent. On his touchdown reception over McCourty, he put a move on him that left McCourty standing still. He faked inside, McCourty bit on the inside route, and then he ran a go route. It was one of the better routes I've seen this year.

He lays it on Brady for throwing career-high interceptions and lays it on the D for whatever miscommunication left Chandler uncovered in the End Zone and FJ uncovered for his long reception.

And...he does give props to the Bills.

Wow, never thought I would see the day an ex Pat gave praise to any other team, especially a divisional opponent, especially the Bills. I may need to apologize after saying he and Harrison can't see through the Pats haze to call anyone or anything non Pats good. I still don't like Harrison though.

I couldn't stand Harrison until I saw this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSSnQrhUKpE

Analyst after analyst is afraid to say anything Terrible Tommy and his 4 picks. They just keep blaming it all on the defense or ocho, an even easier target

???

Bruschi:

A defense can stop the bleeding for a struggling quarterback after one or two interceptions, but four interceptions and a pick-six, it's almost impossible for a defense to overcome,(...). A bad game is one thing, but this matched Brady's career high for interceptions.

I'd call that laying it on Tommy and his 4 picks. Although he does proceed to give props to the Bills for spectacular defensive play on two of the INTS, so maybe that doesn't meet your criteria?

He also says:

Don't forget about this game. (..)You have to remember it because the Patriots can be beaten on any Sunday. When you throw four interceptions and have as many penalties as they did, you have to anticipate defeat.

So again, I'd call that laying it on Tommy and his picks.

Just listened to Teddy on WEEI. I normaly cant stand the guy, but he had really good insight on the game. Described the Bills as the "little brother" to the Pats. Said one day the little brother is about the same size as the big brother and isnt gonna take his **** anymore. Said the Bills grew up and are tired of getting slaped around...Also he put as much blame on Brady as he did the D and gave the Bills a ton of credit. Praised Leodis and GW's INT's said Leodis made a great defensive play. The show host on WEEI were sayin the Pats D gave the Bills the game. Teddy said they were lookin at it compleatly wrong. Said the Bills players, i.e. Johnson, Jackson were just plain and simple better then the Pats. They took the game, it wasnt givin to them from the Pats D. Not all word for word, was as close as I could remember it.

Just listened to Teddy on WEEI. I normaly cant stand the guy, but he had really good insight on the game. Described the Bills as the "little brother" to the Pats. Said one day the little brother is about the same size as the big brother and isnt gonna take his **** anymore. Said the Bills grew up and are tired of getting slaped around...Also he put as much blame on Brady as he did the D and gave the Bills a ton of credit. Praised Leodis and GW's INT's said Leodis made a great defensive play. The show host on WEEI were sayin the Pats D gave the Bills the game. Teddy said they were lookin at it compleatly wrong. Said the Bills players, i.e. Johnson, Jackson were just plain and simple better then the Pats. They took the game, it wasnt givin to them from the Pats D. Not all word for word, was as close as I could remember it.

If any Patriot can be said to have given the Bills the game...."That Guy" would be Brady. And as Bruschi noted, at least two of his picks were very solid defensive plays.