BB.com sez Wilfork slammed Fitznoggin into turf

Scrappy

really? BB would think Chan smart and not RUN the ball but take a knee?? Please your crazy if you think at least 28 other NFL teams run the ball expecting be stuffed.. So again your premise is not only silly but completly in left field

Okie doke then chan is smarter bb. Works for me! Would explain the 4 picks on mr MVP lol

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okie doke then chan is smarter bb. Works for me! Would explain the 4 picks on mr MVP lol

:doh: :doh: :doh:

This Pats fan is trying to make a clear, and pretty good argument, and is making this a nice discussion. this is just... well... :doh:

His "argument" is that bb is regarded as a clean coach and his 5 rings as dc and hc attest this. Utter nonsense on both counts

You actually buy into that crap?

I don't buy the BB teaches his players to play dirty, I think they do that on their own. Maybe it's Naivety, but I don't think BB is a dirty coach. Did he cheat? yes, he videotaped signs. He exploited the system. If Chan or someone else would've done that, we would be sitting here singing the praise for him for finding a loophole. Did he need that to win? IDK. he ahd some really great defenses back then, and Brady didn't cry every time someone came anywhere near him.

He has in the past had some players lay some dirty hits, and IIRC backed up any league imposed discipline, and when his players weren't disciplined, he left the subject alone. I don't think he's any dirtier than any other coach in the league, less the Raiders coach who has said they are trying to be the league bully...but otherwise he's just a football smart coach...and that's my opinion.

His "argument" is that bb is regarded as a clean coach and his 5 rings as dc and hc attest this. Utter nonsense on both counts

You actually buy into that crap?

Bill was a cheater on his wife in his family life & would do anything to cheat to win, like film things he wasn't supposed to film. The guy tried to pull different tricks late yesterday to change the outcome of the game & that a tie-breaking TD getting called back from the Bills literally cost the Pats a chance to potentially tie or win the game. It shows you how far we have come in coaching & how Chan is playing the odds.

Lest not forget about the FG at the end of the first half, the instance where a DJ play would be to forget about it by not trying to get it & go into the locker room. That FG was our margin of victory at the end.

Edited by Scrappy

I don't buy the BB teaches his players to play dirty, I think they do that on their own. Maybe it's Naivety, but I don't think BB is a dirty coach. Did he cheat? yes, he videotaped signs. He exploited the system. If Chan or someone else would've done that, we would be sitting here singing the praise for him for finding a loophole. Did he need that to win? IDK. he ahd some really great defenses back then, and Brady didn't cry every time someone came anywhere near him.

He has in the past had some players lay some dirty hits, and IIRC backed up any league imposed discipline, and when his players weren't disciplined, he left the subject alone. I don't think he's any dirtier than any other coach in the league, less the Raiders coach who has said they are trying to be the league bully...but otherwise he's just a football smart coach...and that's my opinion.

Um, Belicheck was fined $500K, the team $250K, and they lost a #1 draft pick in 2008. Does that sounds like a loophole to you, or a pretty clear statement that he was skirting the rules of the league? I would be PISSED. OFF. if Chan or Buddy did something to lose this team a first-rounder and made this team look less legitimate to anyone. No bones about it.

It would be the ultimate in naivete to suggest that this is the first and only time BB ever circumvented the rules to gain an edge. Faking injuries in SBXXV, coaching players with intent to injure (if Wilfork were a Bill, I'd want a squeaky-clean record, no F-ups, after one transgression, and I'd let him go if he continued to make my team look bad. Let's not forget Rodney Harrison, either).

The guy has won, but not always in the most honorable ways.

??? really? the pats fan is making you look stupid. On that first play Bill without a doubt told them to try and let them score. His premise is entirely correct. Also after the first knee they obviously saw what was gonna happen and were upset BB didnt tell them to do anything dirty.

??? what is wrong with you? A pats fan come into the board after a loss and is actually contributing to a discussion and you say dumb crap. You make the rest of the posters here look bad.

Entirely true, i believe it was on a play where Nelson was wrapped up and on his feet with the front of his body exposed. It was a NE DB that jumped over guys on the ground and went head hunting. Should have been a penalty for sure.

listen pal, It sounded like the "pats' fan was trying to say Chan had no balls.

Sorry, but i know a lot about football, and b.s.

Your Pats friend sounds like he has sour grapes. Cause someone out coached his coach.

I personally think Wolfork is a sleasy Chicken@hit.....

- Cheap shots on QB's....Losman says hello

- Shoves Stevie Johnston after a play that should have drawn a flag (but of course it didnt) Stevie Friggen johnston....a WIDE RECIEVER....go do that to Wood huh?

- Goes after the QB on a obvious kneeldown

Personally I agree that a lot of it comes back to the players themselves.

Ok, I was wrong in my assessment about skirting the rules with the cheating, but ultimately, when it comes to the players being dirty, it's really on them.

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

I personally think Wolfork is a sleasy Chicken@hit.....

- Cheap shots on QB's....Losman says hello

- Shoves Stevie Johnston after a play that should have drawn a flag (but of course it didnt) Stevie Friggen johnston....a WIDE RECIEVER....go do that to Wood huh?

- Goes after the QB on a obvious kneeldown

He has a long history of dirty play:

http://www.aolnews.com/2008/10/26/vince-wilfork-and-cheap-shots-go-together-like-rodney-harrison-a/

listen pal, It sounded like the "pats' fan was trying to say Chan had no balls.

Sorry, but i know a lot about football, and b.s.

Your Pats friend sounds like he has sour grapes. Cause someone out coached his coach.

He isnt my friend but that didnt seem like what he was trying to say IMO. It seemed like he was saying chan did have a lot of balls making that call. Why wouldnt a fan have sour grapes about losing to a team they have beaten 15 straight times?? Thats a bitter pill to swallow and BB doesnt get out coached much.

I honestly didnt see that i was watching the game online so feed was well BAD at best. And BB doesnt coach head hunting my reasoning is the fact he benched Merriwether last year when he went head hunting, BB was visably angry at ther big bang clock then steaming mad!

No I am stating the Bills coach did something MOST other coaches wouldnt do. BB was playing the odds, and he lost that happens.

This could not be more incorrect. There is not a coach in this league that doesn't know how good Brady and his offense are. I believe that there isn't a single other coach who wouldn't choose to end the game with Brady not seeing the field again.

Edited by SwampD

This could not be more incorrect. There is not a coach in this league that doesn't know how good Brady and his offense are. I believe that there isn't a single other coach who wouldn't choose to end the game with Brady not seeing the field again.

Agreed if any coach tries to run that in and give the bal back to brady they should be fired on the spot.