Analysts are blaming Pat's D for loss. How about Brady, Ochocino?

mountainwampus

Right after the game, Phil Simms commented on how horrible the Pat's defense was. Did he even watch the game? I thought they played better than Oakland or KC against us, and definitely are not to blame. How about credit the fact that the Bills D made some very acrobatic INTs? Or if you want to place blame: Brady for throwing 4 INTs. Ochocino dropping a sure TD. Belicheat blowing up on sideline to lose a timeout. God forbid they blame them.

Right after the game, Phil Simms commented on how horrible the Pat's defense was. Did he even watch the game? I thought they played better than Oakland or KC against us, and definitely are not to blame. How about credit the fact that the Bills D made some very acrobatic INTs? Or if you want to place blame: Brady for throwing 4 INTs. Ochocino dropping a sure TD. Belicheat blowing up on sideline to lose a timeout. God forbid they blame them.

Brady did lose this game for them. OC dropped a potential game winner perfectly placed in his hands. BB didn't cost them a timeout (see multiple other threads for explanation). The pats D did suck.

Brady did lose this game for them. OC dropped a potential game winner perfectly placed in his hands. BB didn't cost them a timeout (see multiple other threads for explanation). The pats D did suck.

All I know is that was not a good moment to burn a timeout, and BB wasn't asking for one. I didn't hear an official explanation.

you could also turn it around and say the bills offense didnt play well in the first quarter. Also the pats had to use a timeout because after they ruled jackson down at the 1 yard line, the clock kept ticking(yes this play was after the 2 minute warning)

Edited by TitansBills

Brady yes, Ocho no. Brady had 4 interceptions, Ochocinco had 1 dropped TD pass on a drive the Patriots ultimately scored on anyways. If the patriots hadn't scored that drive Ocho would deserve more criticism, but that one drop did not play a huge role in the grand scheme of things.

We'll never know if that's true... that drop forced them to burn more time. They could've used another 2 minutes in the game.

We'll never know if that's true... that drop forced them to burn more time. They could've used another 2 minutes in the game.

But the D gave up almost 500 yards and Brady had four turnovers, when compared to that Ocho's drop is meaningless. The Pats probably win if Brady only has 3 picks or the D gets one more stop.

As usual, Phil Simms is wrong. The blame for the Pats loss goes to the Bills for being a better team then the Pats. The tide is turning and the analysts are always the last ones to clue into it because they all live in an echo chamber.

Edited by 1billsfan

I wouldn't expect any praise from most of the talking heads. Some will acknowledge what the Bills have done and others never will. The Pats defense looked bad because the Bills offense is pretty damned good. They are putting up points on everyone. Great game by the Bills and I for one don't care what anyone says about it. We are 3-0 and if we continue to play well, have a real good shot at making the playoffs for the first time in a very long time. And Brady looked bad because the Bills D was making plays. The fact that he threw so many picks when he absolutely never does that should be an indicator that our guys were making some plays out there.

All I know is that was not a good moment to burn a timeout, and BB wasn't asking for one. I didn't hear an official explanation.

Why not? The clock was going to start as soon as ball was set. Bills would have burned off almost 25 seconds right there. I thought it was the right move to stop the clock.

Right after Merriman got to Brady his game went down hill. The Pat's are a good team. But we have shown we are too. The rematch will be interesting.

THIS!!

You hit the nail on the head, I also think that WAS the turning point and nobody is talking about it. I was thinking about that last night and I completely forgot about it this morning. Brady was different after that play.

THIS!!

You hit the nail on the head, I also think that WAS the turning point and nobody is talking about it. I was thinking about that last night and I completely forgot about it this morning. Brady was different after that play.

lmao Right because that hit made 2 balls be tipped for INT and your secondary make one amazing INT that was a sure TD if he timed it wrong. (roll eyes) just once I like people give there team credit for a win, not some crap that "oh we hit brady cost him change" Brady was Brady still and I look forward to our Razor battle,Odds say the bills will not get 4 INT. rEMEMBER THE LAST TIME THE bILLS BET THE pATS WAS A 41-0 DRUMMING...

Coach Belichick had to burn a time out. Here is why. The ruling on the field of play was that Jackson scored a touchdown. Technically, that means he is in the field of play, not out of bounds. With this in mind, the touchdown went for review, and after reviewing the play, the replay had a clear visible shot of FJ's knee down at the one yard line, in the field of play. That means the touchdown was over ruled, with a new spot of the ball where FJ was tackled, in the field of play. The new spot of the ball was the NE one yard line. When play was to resume, the clock would then restart the moment the referee officially spotted the ball. This is why coach BB had to burn a very important and crucial time out.

the ochocinco drop didnt cost them because they scored a TD on that drive anyway

the Pats defense is not good but we are finding out that the Bills offense is pretty good