Gailey should get game ball.

rpcolosi

Getting lost in our hype for having a legit "big 3" on offense and a solid defense (they did as good a job as any on the pats today) - is the fact that Gailey is a hell of a coach. Seriously. He has a great offensive game plan and sticks with it, but knows how to make adjustments, especially at the half. He is out-coaching good football minds. On top of all this, just listening to his press conferences, the man instills good core ideals and principles in his team and players. This is a coach guys love playing for, clearly, who knows football and knows it well. To top it all off, he always talks about his players being good character football players, but unlike levy and jauron - he actually has players of this metal. He doesn't have the lynchs, ko simpsons, etc. He's got hungry, hard working, football savvy guys.

I'm not sure its a playoff team yet, but I'll say that Gailey is a very good coach who really should be getting a ton of credit for turning this ship around. So far, Buddy nailed his one (and hopefully only) head coaching hire. Kudos guys.

and I should note - DC was going crazy today. Cars honking horns to "lets go buffalo", guys wearing jerseys all over the city. Great to see!

The production he is getting out of a bunch of journeymen, UDFA and guys that might not even make a lot of teams' rosters is nothing short of miraculous.

Right now he can take your'ns and beat his'ns with anybody in the NFL.

He's done a heck of a job. Not that it was brilliant, but the end of the game today was a commone sense approach that I honestly don't feel the past few coaches would have has the foresight to do.

One thing definitely refreshing, is that he coaches to win the game.

How tiresome was it hearing Dick Jauron try to 'steal a victory'? He always let it be known that we weren't a talented bunch, but that we were trying to outsmart everyone. I always wondered how he could get the players inspired if he made it known every week that we weren't that talented.

He's done a heck of a job. Not that it was brilliant, but the end of the game today was a commone sense approach that I honestly don't feel the past few coaches would have has the foresight to do.

I don't know how many coaches could have won a game having the head to split Fred Jackson out wide.

I'd go ahead and call that brilliant.

in hindsight we should probably thank Marv and Co. for Fitz, Stevie, Freddie.... but without Gailey - i dont think this trio ever sees their real potential. Gailey is the whiz in all this, a coach with guts, a chip on his shoulder and a hunger to win while producing great men, not just great players. Completely respect the guy on a Dungy/Reeves/Joe Gibbs level (sans super bowl of course).

Football is a tough game for tough people. Chan Gailey is tough.

sure beats "its hard to win in the nfl"

Edited by rpcolosi

The production he is getting out of a bunch of journeymen, UDFA and guys that might not even make a lot of teams' rosters is nothing short of miraculous.

Hey, is that you, Bum Philips?

GO BILLS!!!

Simon, anytime you can invoke the legendary Bear Bryant into a thread, it is a good day. I salute you, my good fellow.

When Chan went for that 4th and 14, YE OLE was like "Holy ****, we're not serious about this are we?" Then we really did it! It was like Chan was sending a personal message to Billy Boy saying "We're the the #1 offense in the league, 4th and 14 ain't ****" We didn't get it, but still loved the call.

Hey, is that you, Bum Philips?

GO BILLS!!!

Well, at least the Bum part :D

Simon, anytime you can invoke the legendary Bear Bryant into a thread, it is a good day. I salute you, my good fellow.

I love that old cliche, but there's just so few instances where you can really accurately use it.

Chan is on the kind of outrageous run right now where yo can actually squeeze it in and its not hyperbolic!