Would You Rather?

WickedGame

Would You Rather  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather beat the Patriots today or get to the playoffs this year?

• Beat the Patriots
    • Make the Playoffs

Honestly: the playoffs. I can take losing the Pats. (twice this season even)

But even bad teams can beat a great opponent once in a blue moon. And then it's over just as fast. Making the playoffs means that we're a better team and have something to build on next year.

Of course, they don't have to be mutually exclusive. :thumbsup:

Truth time: Would you rather beat the Patriots today or make it to the playoffs this year?

You need a choice that says "Both"

With the Jets in the division also, it will be very hard to do one without the other.

The only answer is the playoffs. I'll take a 7-9 record if it meant playoffs.

So would we all. Unfortunately we still play in the AFC East, which is still in the AFC

If we played in the NFC West then sure, the "either or" question makes sense.

For us, we have to at least split with the Jets and Pats or playoffs are mathematically very unlikely.

With the Jets in the division also, it will be very hard to do one without the other.

So would we all. Unfortunately we still play in the AFC East, which is still in the AFC

For us, we have to at least split with the Jets and Pats or playoffs are mathematically very unlikely.

^^

This.

Sigh...

No, we don't need a "Both" option. If we had that option, everybody would choose "Both" and we'd have a meaningless survey.

....david hasselhoff or rosanne barr?

much easier for girls

Well, it's possible that we never beat the Pats but make the playoffs. Of course, we would have to (at the minimum) beat the Phins both times and split with the Jets...and have a stellar record otherwise. So yeah, a win here today would do a whole lot for that.

i dont know its been a tough few years to be in the afc. steelers and ravens are both generally good for atleast 10 wins and possibly 12 each. as much as i hate the jets, if they continue they are good for the same. the jets at least splits games with the pats as of recent. so realistically with those 4 teams to get teh wild card in the afc it is feasible to need at least 10 wins with a win over the pats possibly 11 wins.

Umm both... Esp seeing how in order to make the playoffs you usually have to win your division games. To be honest though I don't wanna just see this team "make the playoffs" I wanna see them build into a yearly contender so we can enjoy a few good seasons of bills/jets bills/pats afc east rivalries. Yes I want to see Them in the playoffs, but again to do that beat your divisional opponents. As long as Brady/Belichick are around The Pats are the measuring stick of which the Bills have repeatedly fallen short of.

Umm both... Esp seeing how in order to make the playoffs you usually have to win your division games. To be honest though I don't wanna just see this team "make the playoffs" I wanna see them build into a yearly contender so we can enjoy a few good seasons of bills/jets bills/pats afc east rivalries. Yes I want to see Them in the playoffs, but again to do that beat your divisional opponents. As long as Brady/Belichick are around The Pats are the measuring stick of which the Bills have repeatedly fallen short of.

Totally agree, look at the 2004 season. We went 9-7 with Drew Bledsoe and almost made the playoffs. Obviously we lost to the Patriots twice that season, but if we had won at least one or both of those games we are looking at 10-6 or 11-5. With a record like that we wouldn't of had to beat Pittsburgh in the last game to make the playoffs.