Prediction Thread

Let's look unit by unit:

QB: Fitz v. Brady. I have to give the Patriots on this one. Pats ADVANTAGE

HB: Pats running game is a tertiary option after straight passing and screen passing. Fred/CJ carry the load. Bills edge

WR: For the first time, I will give this a push. Welker/85/Hernandez vs. Johnson/Nelson/Jones/Chandler seems like a push to me - EVEN

OL: I don't believe I am going to say this, but this is also a PUSH. Our line is holding up amazingly. - EVEN

DL: Haynesworth/Wilfork vs. Dareus/Williams. I will give a slight edge to the PATS on this - Pats Edge

LB: Bills Edge because the Pats D is getting shredded this year so far. - Bills Edge

DB: Pats 2ndary is getting shredded. Bills secondary got shredded one game and held another. - Bills Edge

ST: This is a push to me. EVEN

HC: Pats have an HOF Coach. Bills have a retread that's doing well in a rebuilding project. Pats ADVANTAGE

Edge counts as +1, ADVANTAGE counts as +2

Final Score: Pats 5, Bills 3. Even = 3

One paper, Pats will take this one. I figure a semi-close game.

Spread - Pats -8. Bills have no respect from odds makers.

Over/Under - 53.5 Odds makers are expecting a shootout.

Pats to win. I will say they will not cover the spread. I will take the over for this. I do expect a major shootout.

Pats 35 - Bills 32

With that prediction, I HOPE I AM WRONG!!! GO BILLS!!!!

I'd like to think we come out and are competitive in this game. The thing is, I think reality might sink in after Sunday's game. Pats 34 Bills 17.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Self loathers and illogical are the ones that think the Pats will beat the Bills?

If you compare the Pats to the Bills there is no logical reason to think the Pats can win? Self loathing or being illogical are the only possible explanations?

I don't have any problem with people who give predictions like your score, even if I do not agree with them. But why do you feel the need to insult people who happen to think that the historically better team will also win this Sunday?

History dont mean jack. It's a new season, and a new team. I'm looking at the way we have been playing, and the way they have been playing THIS season.

Bringing "history" into it only helps the "woe is me" crowd.

Also, with perfect timing, see below and tell me there are no self-loathers here...

Patriots 23

Bills 10

(my predicted result for every game this year so far)

I'd like to think we come out and are competitive in this game. The thing is, I think reality might sink in after Sunday's game. Pats 34 Bills 17.

another example for you, Code. Who is to say what "reality" is? People are already talking like we're not 2-0 and playing very well... Cmon...

Tell me we simply wont be able to stop Brady, and their high powered offense will out-score us, fine. But dont bring up 'Well, we always lose to them, so we'll continue to do so"

Edited by DrDareustein

This one is really tough for me to predict. In my preseason prediction, I had it down as a loss on their way to a 10-6 season, but I think it's in play now. There are so many variables in this one, but first to re-cap. In week one, I was so confident in the Bills that I selected them in my survivor pool. In week 2, I said it was going to be a tough one, with the Bills getting bullied in the first half, but Fitz bringing them back for a last second win (I thought FG).

Now for this week...

I think the Pats typically take the Bills lightly in the first meeting, which is why the past two (first meetings) have been close. This time, they will not.

On O: I think Belichick is going to try to show how brilliant he is by shutting down the play-calling of the man Buddy Nix called the best in the business this week, Chan Gailey. I think the Bills HAVE to set the tone by running the ball, and being more physical than the Pats D. If we can't establish the run early, it will be a long day for the Bills, again...

In the passing game, I think this is the game where Donald Jones has to step up. He will have most of the 1 on 1 match ups, and he has to win those.

On D: This is all about the front 7. Dareus has to command double teams, which should give Williams and Kelsay more 1 on 1 match ups. While we expect Williams to do well, Kelsay could make the difference in this game. Merriman??? Let us pray...

I think the Bills will keep the Pats running game in check, for the most part. The key for this game will be slowing down Welker. It will be interesting to see who covers him? I hope that Barnett puts a licking on him when he comes over the middle.

Byrd and Wilson need to have great games.

I think STs is a push.

I think the Bills can finally go toe-to-toe with the Pats. I'm not so sure it will (and I hope it won't) be the high scoring game everyone expects. My best guess at this point: if the winning team scores <=24, then the Bills win; if it's > 24, the Pats win. The Bills will probably need to get some TOs for this to happen.

Go Bills!

Edited by TPS

Bills- 34 (4 td's, 3fg's-td's from Freddie, Spiller, Chandler and Stevie)

Pats- 27(3 td's, 2fg's-td's from Welker (2) and Gronkowski)

sacks by Merriman and Dareus

My father-in-law is a long-time Pats fan, so I am gonna smack talk my way through the next few days. If we beat them, he won`t hear the end of it.

GO BILLS!!

I got your logic right here...

QB: Brady* eats tube steak smothered in white gravy. She* will crumble at even the thought of taking a hit ADVANTAGE BILLS

RB: Bills lead the league in rushing - 386 yds/6.1 ypc - and have league's leading rusher, Cheatriettes* rank 16th - 200 yds/4.3 ypc - Fred alone has more yards than NE* HUGE ADVANTAGE BILLS

WR: Not even close - our guys are young undrafted or late round picks out to prove something. Johnson/Nelson/Jones/Chandler/Spiller/Martin/Roosevelt > Branch*/Welker*/Ocho-Dunno-The-Offense*/Gronk* Brothers* ADVANTAGE BILLS

OL: I'll put our gang of mean, nasty, hungry young studs with chips on their shoulders up against the aging Pats* o-line* any day ADVANTAGE BILLS

DL: Four words: Kyle Williams Marcell Dareus. Also, age-before-beauty does not apply to the Pats* D-line* either. ADVANTAGE BILLS

LB: Bills are bigger, better, meaner, and deeper - Kelsay/Davis/Barnett/Merriman > Dane* Fletcher*/Jerod* Mayo*/Brandon* Spikes*/Rob* Ninkovich* ADVANTAGE BILLS

DB: Don't make me laugh - NE* is second last in the NFL defending the pass, allowing 416 passing yards from Chad Freakin' Henne HUGE ADVANTAGE BILLS

ST: We don't even know if NE* has a punter this week. Lindell's and Moorman's familiarity with The Ralph's swirling winds equals HUGE ADVANTAGE BILLS

HC: Chan expects the Bills to be undefeated; Belicheat* has proven that, sans cheating, NE* will never be. ADVANTAGE BILLS

Edge counts as +1, ADVANTAGE counts as +5, HUGE ADVANTAGE counts as +9

Final Logical Analysis Score: Bills 57, NE* 0

Spread - Pats* -8 Been going down since it opened, as smart money pours in on Buffalo

Over/Under - 53.5 I'll take the over, because I expect the Bills will cover it themselves...

BuffTown Bills 57

New* England* Cheatriettes* 0

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!! B-)

Hope you* like star-gazing, Tommy*, 'cause you'll* be doing a lot of it...

post-2970-089262300 1316711156_thumb.jpeg

Edited by The Senator

History dont mean jack. It's a new season, and a new team. I'm looking at the way we have been playing, and the way they have been playing THIS season.

Bringing "history" into it only helps the "woe is me" crowd.

Also, with perfect timing, see below and tell me there are no self-loathers here...

another example for you, Code. Who is to say what "reality" is? People are already talking like we're not 2-0 and playing very well... Cmon...

Tell me we simply wont be able to stop Brady, and their high powered offense will out-score us, fine. But dont bring up 'Well, we always lose to them, so we'll continue to do so"

Dr. There is nothing wrong with being optimistic. However, we have lost 15 straight times to this team. Until we actually beat them, I don't see this happening. I'd love for us to beat them, but give me 3 reasons why the Bills will win on Sunday against the Patriots.

Dr. There is nothing wrong with being optimistic. However, we have lost 15 straight times to this team. Until we actually beat them, I don't see this happening. I'd love for us to beat them, but give me 3 reasons why the Bills will win on Sunday against the Patriots.

So until we actually beat them, you dont see us beating them... Amazing

Thats the type of "logic" I was talking about!! :thumbsup:

To play along:

1. Their Offense is completely 1-dimensional

2. Our Defense has been rebuilt

3. Our Offense can Run or light you up in the pass, pick your poison

4. Their Defense sure aint what it used to be

5. We have players now such as Merriman, Barnett, and Dareus who dont "know" we are supposed to just give up the game, and guys like Kyle Williams who dont care. Same for our Offense with Fitz, Stevie, and Freddie. Our OLine isnt afraid of anyone, especially after practicing against WMD all year.

I can go on...

Now your turn. Other than "Cause they beat us 15 times in a row", what is your logic behind the Pats* winning on Sunday? Give me 3 reasons please...

Edited by DrDareustein

Gailey's game plan is to instill dicipline in our team, coach them on protecting the football, and knocking it out of the Pats hands, and swarming the ball. Coach knows the patriots will roll down the field, but will ask our defense to battle in the red zone! We win the turnover battle, give up no costly penalties, and we win a shootout 38 - 34 Bills!

Tim-

To play along:

5. We have players now such as Merriman, Barnett, and Dareus who dont "know" we are supposed to just give up the game, and guys like Kyle Williams who dont care. Same for our Offense with Fitz, Stevie, and Freddie. Our OLine isnt afraid of anyone, especially after practicing against WMD all year.

I can go on...

Now your turn. Other than "Cause they beat us 15 times in a row", what is your logic behind the Pats* winning on Sunday? Give me 3 reasons please...

1) The Patriots lead the league in total offensive yards.

2) They are the number one passing team in the league at this point.

3) The Patriots are a well coached team and have a decent run defense.

If you'd like me to continue that's fine. I think you need to use your head more than your heart on this one, jmo.

Edited by BB2004

First two predictions, based on my exclusive formula :pirate:, were right. This one will be, too.

Passing: NE + 17

Running: Buff + 7

O-line: NE + 7

ST: Buff + 3

Pass rush: Even

Run D, middle: NE + 3

Run D, edge: Buff + 3

Pass D, deep: Buff + 3

Pass D, short: Even

Injuries: Even

Home Ad: Buff + 3

Good looks: Buff +1

Fate on our side, finally: + 8

Bills 28 Pats 27

To play along:

I can go on...

Actually, it is logical. :pirate: We will never beat the Pats until they lose to us. Then, and only then, will we win.

1) The Patriots lead the league in total offensive yards.

2) They are the number one passing team in the league at this point.

3) The Patriots are a well coached team and have a decent run defense.

If you'd like me to continue that's fine. I think you need to use your head more than your heart on this one, jmo.

To address your points...

1. Yards dont go on the scoreboard. We have scored more points than they have. They've started with worse field position than us and had to go farther, big whoop.

2. And they cant run the ball, so we key on the Pass, just as we did the Run for our first two wins.

3. They are a well coached team. So are we, now. Raiders had a decent Run D too.

I appreciate your logical points, but I am thinking with my head, and I'll stick to my belief that we'll win. I feel bad for you guys that are scared to get behind the team (but I understand I guess)

Go Bills!!