Nelson in the Slot

Astrobot

Tebow and Nelson performed fine together.....watched a ton of UF games....Tebow threw for over 300 yards many many many times.......Lets tone down the Tebow hate....the dudes a stud....

Tebow a stud? Come on now you know that's just not true. Unless he's been lying the whole time... http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hill/090724&sportCat=ncf :rolleyes:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tebow and Nelson performed fine together.....watched a ton of UF games....Tebow threw for over 300 yards many many many times.......Lets tone down the Tebow hate....the dudes a stud....

I watched a ton too.

How can what I wrote be interrupted as a hate?

When you get 150 yards ""Passing" a game when pitching it to Percy Harvin. Those "300" yard games are not traditional passing yards.

Just saying that offense revolved around rushing an option plays. It didn't allow WRs to shine. There is no have there.

If Nelson was on Oklohoma with Sam Bradford. He's probably be a 2-4th round pick when entering the draft.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I watched a ton too.

When you get 150 yards ""Passing" a game when pitching it to Percy Harvin. Those "300" yard games are not traditional passing yards.

Just saying that offense revolved around rushing an option plays. It didn't allow WRs to shine. There is no have there.

If Nelson was on Oklohoma with Sam Bradford. He's probably be a 2-4th round pick when entering the draft.

Ah i love the logic, if you have 300 yard games throwing to Percy Harvin, you didn't really deserve a 300 yard game. Funny, i don't hear anyone talking about how Brady didn't deserve his 500 yard game when 70 yards (minimum) came on one YAC to Welker?

Double standard anyone? Would you like me to post play after play video where Tebow threw the ball into a tight place? How about just throws in the NFL?

Look, i am gator alum....and having watched everything thing from Danny W, to sexy Rexy and the bachelor all the way back to kerwin bell when i was a freshman.....i never felt more comfortable that our QB (Tebow) would not throw a terrible pick and the stats back that up. Very few picks in his college career....and not a dramatic amount during his playing time as a pro.

There are lies, damn lies and statistics...but figures don't lie....and the numbers back up what the eyeballs see....Tebow is a LOT better than the copy-cat media give him credit for.

I watched a ton too.

the other thing you fail to mention is that Nelson didn't shine at florida because that team was so loaded with talent that David had a hard time getting playing time....but when he did, he made plays.....see the NC game against the golden Sam Bradford and the Sooners.

Edited by Garranimal

Ah i love the logic, if you have 300 yard games throwing to Percy Harvin, you didn't really deserve a 300 yard game. Funny, i don't hear anyone talking about how Brady didn't deserve his 500 yard game when 70 yards (minimum) came on one YAC to Welker?

Double standard anyone? Would you like me to post play after play video where Tebow threw the ball into a tight place? How about just throws in the NFL?

Look, i am gator alum....and having watched everything thing from Danny W, to sexy Rexy and the bachelor all the way back to kerwin bell when i was a freshman.....i never felt more comfortable that our QB (Tebow) would not throw a terrible pick and the stats back that up. Very few picks in his college career....and not a dramatic amount during his playing time as a pro.

There are lies, damn lies and statistics...but figures don't lie....and the numbers back up what the eyeballs see....Tebow is a LOT better than the copy-cat media give him credit for.

the other thing you fail to mention is that Nelson didn't shine at florida because that team was so loaded with talent that David had a hard time getting playing time....but when he did, he made plays.....see the NC game against the golden Sam Bradford and the Sooners.

So you're saying an option pass is the same as Tom Brady in the pocket hitting Wes Welker.

Well you're entitled to your opinion.

Either way Tim Tebow is the best 3rd string QB in the NFL. I'll agree with that.

And yes the talent in Florida is off the chart, so It was hard for Nelson to shine.

Edited by Why So Serious?

So you're saying an option pass is the same as Tom Brady in the pocket hitting Wes Welker.

Well you're entitled to your opinion.

Either way Tim Tebow is the best 3rd string QB in the NFL. I'll agree with that.

And yes the talent in Florida is off the chart, so It was hard for Nelson to shine.

just one game, 2010 sugar bowl versus #5 Cincinnati

0:23 Riley Cooper (who can fly) in-stride....even if the coverage were tight, Riley didn't have to even slow down

0:50 Drag/Crossing route to A. Hernandez...on the mark

1;21 Corner fade route with pressure for a TD

1:37 Down the middle into tight coverage

I stopped at that point because your argument is refuted. Brady takes 80% of his snaps in the gun in a spread type offensive set...which is why Bill B. spent so much time with Urban Meyer and the gators during Urban's tenure at Florida.

Edited by Garranimal

I watched a ton too.

These are Tebow's stats at Florida.

Passing Rushing

Season Team GP Rating Att Comp Pct Yds TD INT Sack Att Yds TD

2006 Florida Gators 14 201.7 33 22 66.7 358 5 1 0 89 469 8

2007 Florida Gators 13 172.5 350 234 66.9 3286 32 6 13 210 895 23

2008 Florida Gators 14 172.4 298 192 64.4 2747 30 4 15 176 673 12

2009 Florida Gators 14 155.6 304 213 70.1 2895 21 5 25 217 910 14

Totals 55 176.0 985 661 67.1 9286 88 15 53 692 2947 57

What's funny is your entire post is YOUR OPINION only.....I am giving you facts....how is it MY OPINION?

My opinion would be that Tebow is far better than Merrill Hoge claims he is....which is just a response to his opinion. That his stats say he is accurate and doesn't turn the ball over, is based on a documented facts. Additionally, his stats and QB rating as a pro do not support the opinions that he cannot be an NFL QB, especially when compared with stats against the same teams in the same year with Kyle Orton as the QB.

Even with losing Easley and now especially with Roscoe gone....this recieving core is now just absolutely huge.....every single one of them to include Naman Rossevelt is over 6' tall and over 200 pounds.....most of them run in the 4.4 range and then you have beastly Chandler at TE tall and 270 pounds.

So not only do you have big physical targets you have guys that block for the run as well.....which opens things up for our RB's

Its a new day in Buffalo

Ok, so in this Nelson thread, we've determined that Tebow is as good as Brady.

Got it.

....and i said that where? please....do tell.

Even with losing Easley and now especially with Roscoe gone....this recieving core is now just absolutely huge.....every single one of them to include Naman Rossevelt is over 6' tall and over 200 pounds.....most of them run in the 4.4 range and then you have beastly Chandler at TE tall and 270 pounds.

So not only do you have big physical targets you have guys that block for the run as well.....which opens things up for our RB's

Its a new day in Buffalo

and they all can be physical, so i would love to see a comparison of how this will also improve the running game. I would like to see a heavy dose of the run against the Pats, with these guys manhandling their assignments.

These are Tebow's stats at Florida.

Passing Rushing

Season Team GP Rating Att Comp Pct Yds TD INT Sack Att Yds TD

2006 Florida Gators 14 201.7 33 22 66.7 358 5 1 0 89 469 8

2007 Florida Gators 13 172.5 350 234 66.9 3286 32 6 13 210 895 23

2008 Florida Gators 14 172.4 298 192 64.4 2747 30 4 15 176 673 12

2009 Florida Gators 14 155.6 304 213 70.1 2895 21 5 25 217 910 14

Totals 55 176.0 985 661 67.1 9286 88 15 53 692 2947 57

What's funny is your entire post is YOUR OPINION only.....I am giving you facts....how is it MY OPINION?

My opinion would be that Tebow is far better than Merrill Hoge claims he is....which is just a response to his opinion. That his stats say he is accurate and doesn't turn the ball over, is based on a documented facts. Additionally, his stats and QB rating as a pro do not support the opinions that he cannot be an NFL QB, especially when compared with stats against the same teams in the same year with Kyle Orton as the QB.

Exactly 170 passing yards a game on average.

So, assuming that Nelson comes in and produces over the next 14 games, what does that do for Roscoe's future? I really like Roscoe as a punt returner but if he drops to the #2 slot guy does that make him tradable once he's healthy? Because of his return numbers, he should have some trade value (4th-5th round?). If the guy could stay healthy this discussion wouldn't happen but he can't make it through the season.

sure if you include his rookie season where Leak was the starter....for every game.

So, assuming that Nelson comes in and produces over the next 14 games, what does that do for Roscoe's future? I really like Roscoe as a punt returner but if he drops to the #2 slot guy does that make him tradable once he's healthy? Because of his return numbers, he should have some trade value (4th-5th round?). If the guy could stay healthy this discussion wouldn't happen but he can't make it through the season.

if you got a 4th rounder for Evans, i can't imagine anyone is going to give even a 7th for Roscoe. Roscoe was a luxury pic for a team that didn't have that luxury.

sure if you include his rookie season where Leak was the starter....for every game.

if you got a 4th rounder for Evans, i can't imagine anyone is going to give even a 7th for Roscoe. Roscoe was a luxury pic for a team that didn't have that luxury.

Fine 206 yards a game his senior year, when he was better than Brady.

Whatever we think of Shady* Brady* and Bill* Belicheat*, you can be sure they are not taking this game lightly or underestimating the Bills...

"They're playing well, obviously," coach Belichick said yesterday about Buffalo. "We have to turn the page quickly here (from beating the Chargers, 35-21 on Sunday) and move on."

Undefeated Bills are being taken seriously

They know all about our receivers corp as well...

Receivers: Stevie Johnson and David Nelson are Fitzpatrick’s favorite targets; Johnson has been targeted 20 times and Nelson 19 in Fitzpatrick’s 71 pass attempts. Johnson plays a little faster than his 4.46 pro day speed in ’08 coming out of Kentucky. He’s basically the Bills’ version of Wes Welker in the slot, and Nelson plays Aaron Hernandez. Johnson has a nagging groin problem, and if he can’t play, it would be a break for the Patriots. Tight end Scott Chandler is a tough matchup at 6 feet 7 inches, and Fitzpatrick loves him in the red zone.

Matchup is worthy of better billing this time

Still, so long as Belicheat* has no hidden cameras at OBD, I'm counting on Chan and our guys to be ready...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!! B-)

how about this stat....

Sam Bradford Vs. Tim Tebow as college starters.....

yards per attempt:

Bradford (2 years and 2 games as a starter) 9.41 yds/attempt

Tebow (3 years as a starter) 9.38 yds/attempt

"when he was better than Brady" = i can't comment without being a dick

I'm a bit of a Florida fan and Nelson was an afterthought there. Hernandez and Cooper were the big targets. I gotta say I'm amazed at how big time a player Nelson has become. That's a tribute to him. He is basically a fast tight end in the slot.

As i recall, he got himself in Urban's doghouse for having a case of the dropsies, but my recollection is that Nelson always came up big in big games....and that his down-field blocking was excellent.

Edited by Garranimal

Parrish is an UFA at the end of the year. I think it's safe to say his career as a Bill is over.

^^^ this

Actually, it's hard to imagine that any team is going to offer him any sizable contract. I'm sure that Gailey is very frustrated with him, but he loves the guy. I also don't see any reason why we wouldn't sign him to a one year deal for veteran minimum with some decent incentives based on playing 14-16 games. Unless we find ourselves with five WRs who are all very good.