Chronic's Raiders take

Chronic

Sup ladies..

Before I get started, big ups to the Franks link, just ordered a bottle

50355_350853231010_2352732_n.jpg

Gotta love Grandma.. "Put that sh*t on everything"! Git it Grandma!

Is there anything dumber than a poll on who's gonna win a game? You can go to any site and the results are always the same.. why? Why do it?

I;m not gonna homer out and try and tell you stupid things like were gonna win because we beat the team you lost to last year, and because we won by 40 points etc.. like all that really matters

I dont know much about the Bills to be honest other than they won 4 games last year.

So I'll let one of you get me up to speed on your players, draftees etc.. dont really care to hear about how your offense is better, all we have to do is stop McFadden, its old, its repetive and means absoluetly sh*t come sunday. I wanna know about what you guys saw last year in improvements etc, maybe theres a player you think sucks.. its okay to tell me.. I really dont care.. I bust on a couple Raiders so its no big deal

Just gonna hit on a couple key points that some of you might not be aware of...Okay moving on

The Raiders finished last year 8-8. I really see this team as a 9-7 team in reality. Agaisnt the Cards last year with 3 seconds left and down by 2, Janikowski shanks a 27 yard FG to win the game- A FG he makes 99 times outta 100. Bad ball snap. I really look at this team as a 9-7 team heading into this year

The Raiders beat the Chargers not once, but twice last year, swept the division and the telling sign that showed this team had finally turned the corner was week 17 of last year.

Went to Arrowhead with nothing to play for but pride, already eliminated from the playoffs they went into Narrowhead in a hostile environment, sold out game and a game the Chiefs wanted to perform well heading into rd 1 of the playoffs the following week. Result? The Raiders hammered them, beat them up and spit them out. That was a good sign because in pasts, those were games the Raiders would have just folded in waiting to end the season. That was a big sign that the Raiders had finally turned that corner.

Jason Campbell- Not a SB calibre QB by no means. But its finally his 1st time in his career that he has the same OC 2 years in a row. He's a capable QB and can make the throws, but his long ball sucks- it really is bad. But the Raiders gave him the best RB's in the NFL. Theres simply no team with the depth the Raiders have in the NFL, especially now that they drafted Tiwan Jones whom many compare to Chris Johnson, thats not me talking, this are the analysts from ESPM and the media crew. All Campbell is expected to do is complete the itermediate routes, hit the swing passes and dont turn it over- thats allhe's expected to do. He wont put up 3000, or 4,000 yards in a year because they simply run more than they throw.

I personlly wish we had a better arm QB, but I'm okay with Campbell as long as he manages the game and dont turn the ball over

RB's - As already mentioned, its the best group of RB's in the league bar none- the quickness of McFadden, the power of Bush and now the dynamic kid Jones they drafted. And Marcel Reece is a serious weapon at FB

WR's-- Decent but not all that great, dont really matter no how since Campbell cant throw an accurate pass more than 30 yards. They have some nice young talent in Jacoby Ford, Louis Murphy, Chaz Schillens and 5th rd pick Denarius Moore whom many are just drooling over during camp- I'll hold and wait till I see it myself. I think its safe to say Bey will be gone next year. So Oakland will have a good set of young kids with plenty of speed and potential. But I'm not so sure how much that matters with Campbell behind center.

I'd expect to see Denarius Moore tomorrow- it'd suck for you guys if he has his breakout game- he's a good young talented WR, we'll see tho'

Raiders OL- LT Jared Veldheer had a great year as a rookie last year, shutting down some top DE's in the NFL. Last week the Bronco media were talking about how Dumvervil a top De would get at least 3 sacks.. he was shut down and drummed by Veldheer. Rookie LG Stefen Wisnewski has shown to be a great pick and has really improved that position over Robert Gallery. Weisnewski has great lower body strenght and really gets a nice push and he's very quick to get to the 2nd level to take out backers that springs the RB's for additional yards. Center Samson Satele is a average center, not great but okay- he really struggles agaisnt big 3-4 NT's one on one, but vs 4-3 D lineup he does surprisingly well. RG Cooper Carlise gets the brunt of the critics from Raider fans, but what they fail to realize is that behind Carlise last year the Raiders avg 6.9 yards a carry, thats pretty solid, and its a big reason the Raiders have kept him this long despite Raider fans calling to replace him. RT Khalif Barnes is 6'6 of stupid. When he locks onto a defender he'll win the battle but he's about as dumb as a box of rocks-I personally think the dude is deaf in his left ear considering how many false starts he gets

Raiders DL- The media says they are the best in the NFL, could be true, might be debatable but they are certainly in the top 3. They are big, strong and fast, what makes them so good is that they are deep- they rotate guys in like Bryant, Henderson and dont miss a beat- they can bring it with the best of 'em. 2nd year DE Lamar Houston has really blossomed and looks like he'll be a great player in the NFL- Raiders led the league in sacks last year, just relentless and really get after the QB and disrupts the plays.

Raiders LB-... Rolando McClain 2nd year MLB is good, and has really blossomed in pass coverage considering that was his knock in college but he really has played well dropping back- good sideline to sideline speed, tough good tackler, and getting better shedding blocks. This is the year they expect him to step up, well see. But he's a good solid MLB that you dont really have to worry about replacing. Kamerion Wimbley led all OLB with 9 sacks last year- big fast kid that excels in pass rushing, evident of his 9 sacks last year. Quentin Groves sucks open ass. He did last year, but surprisngly played pretty well on monday night, def the weak link in that backer corps.

Raiders secondary- The Raiders had two guys in the top 6 in burn %. Raiders 2 corners Stanford Routt and Chris Johnson. Routta statiscally had as a good a year as Revis. Routt was thrown at 99time last year and allowed just 37 catches- thats extremely good. Huff, Branch, Mitchellare all good decent safeties- not pro bowl players, but decent enough and can make plays- they'll disappear for a couple games then all of a sudden the Raiders safeties will get 3 int's in a game. Just an up and down group. I believe they are really the beneficiaries of the Raiders great pass rush, that rush cause bad throws and sometimes the Raiders safeties get a couple gifts

Well, thats about my take on the Raiders.

Heres a couple important notes:

Hue Jackson took the team from just 17 TD's to 46 TD's in his 1st year

Raiders had the 2nd best rushing game in the NFL

#1 in Sacks

6th highest scoring team in the NFL last year

#2 in Pass defense

Added a couple key coaches in Pro-bowler Wisnewski - OL, Hall of Famer Rod Woodson - Secondary and Al Saunders assit OC

Edited by Chronic

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I honestly don't know how in the world the raiders didn't finish 16 - 0 last year and I will be shocked if they don't finish 16-0 this year. I mean they have the top group of running backs, the youngest and most talented (not to mention the fastest) set of young WRs (and a 5th round draft pick that the entire league is scared of), a really good offensive line, a capable QB, the best defensive line, amazing linebacker talent, and a playmaking secondary core.

I mean it blows my mind that they have everything you want from a superbowl team. On offense they have an amazing running game with a good offensive line. On defense they have the best defensive line and a group of playmakers. I think to make this next game fair the bills should start with 100 points, but who knows if that will be enough to beat the RAIDASSSSSSSSSSS

Edited by Numark

I honestly don't know how in the world the raiders didn't finish 16 - 0 last year and I will be shocked if they don't finish 16-0 this year. I mean they have the top group of running backs, the youngest and most talented (not to mention the fastest) set of young WRs (and a 5th round draft pick that the entire league is scared of), a really good offensive line, a capable QB, the best defensive line, amazing linebacker talent, and a playmaking secondary core.

I mean it blows my mind that they have everything you want from a superbowl team. On offense they have an amazing running game with a good offensive line. On defense they have the best defensive line and a group of playmakers. I think to make this next game fair the bills should start with 100 points, but who knows if that will be enough to beat the RAIDASSSSSSSSSSS

Haha that is kinda the impression i've been getting from all of RaiderJoe's posts.

"I spit in your haircut you american pig" :w00t:

Pretty safe bet that a good running game is a by product of a good OL. When you have one, you usually have the other. Raiders DL is pretty solid. interior they can compete with any team

Problem lies with an avg QB, avg WR's and a suck ass OLB and an okay secondary

I think if Oakland were to have a QB like Rivers or Big Ben and a vet WR.. yeah, they'd make it is as a WC

Last years stats don't mean squat.

I'd disagree. I think you can take some things from last year and apply it to the coming year. For instance, the last 6 weeks of any season. Most with football knowledge will tell you you can see the cream rise to the top in and around December and January- thats where you see the good teams start to seperate themselves from the others.. like the Chiefs.. started off hot, then faded and were dominated in December and the 1st rd. People saw that a mile away.

Good report Chronic. I'll understand tomorrow's game a little better thanks to you.

Here's a quick summary of the Bills...

The Bills are better than their 2010 4-12 record. They played 9 teams with 10 wins. The took three playoff teams to OT. Also, 2010 was the first year with a new OC and DC both implementing new systems. Anyway, it's 2011 now.

Bills Offense

QB. Fitz is better than his reputation. Has thrown a TD in something like 15 consecutive games. Smart. Reads defenses well. Usually makes good, quick decisions. Good leader. Has some zip on short passes but not particularly strong-armed. His accuracy drops as the passes get longer. A bit of a gambler and willing to make risky throws - allowing receivers to make plays.

RB. Underrated Freddy Jackson has averaged 4.5 ypc over his career. He's the unsung hero of the Bills offense. Not especially fast or nifty, he finds creases and fights for every yard. Back-up CJ Spiller is fast, athletic and capable of the home-run but isn't patient, doesn't often break arm-tackles and has yet to live up to his 1st round draft status.

WR/TE. The Bills no-name receivers aren't bad. Stevie Johnson had a breakout year last year with 1,000 receiving yards but also tied the NFL lead for drops. Not fast, he has a knack for getting open. You'll see the Bills use a lot of four receiver sets and anyone one of these nameless receivers needs to be accounted for. They all have some talent. Roscoe Parrish is tiny but can be dangerous in the open field with the ball. 6'7" TE Chandler had two TDs last week despite his sloth-like speed.

OL. This group is a bit of a mystery. All five of these guys were on the Bills squad last year when the Bills couldn't run block at all and were only so-so at pass protection. Yet they did a credible job against KC. Center Wood, Guard Levitre and Tackle Bell are all young and hopefully stepping up their game this year. We Bills fans want to see if last week's game was a fluke or if these guys can really play. The offensive line makes most Bills fan nervous, probably especially LT Bell who did play well last week.

Bills Defense

Front Seven. The Bills Run D was worst in the NFL last year but this year's squad is different. The Bills sometimes run a 4-3 and other times a 3-4. DT Kyle Williams is smallish but a Pro Bowling stud. End Dareus was the 3rd player taken overall in this past draft and a beast. LB Shawn Merriman is healthy for the first time in years and hopefully back in form. KC fell behind early and didn't run much so it's too early to say the Bills run D is better. We'll find out against the Raiders.

The Bills last year also had trouble pressuring the QB. It remains to be seen if this years club is any better but there were signs of hope in preseason.

Secondary. We lost Safety Whitner in the offseason and our best CB, McGee, is hurt. Statistically, the Bills secondary looked good last year, but this was partly because teams preferred to get easy yards running against us. Overall, the Bills secondary is okay. No horribly weak links but no superstars either. Maybe I should mention that Safety Byrd led the NFL in Ints two years ago in limited action though only snagged one pick last year.

National media types aren't sure what to make of the Bills. Some have put the Bills around #30 in their preseason power rankings. A couple (Peter King of SI and Mike Florio of PFT, for example) have said they wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills in the playoff hunt this year.

Good luck, Chronic. Hope the Raiders go 15-1 after the Bills destroy them tomorrow.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Thanks for the inside take on the Raiders.

Your Raiders have the talent to be quite good, but I think you've left out the most important thing that will affect the outcome of this game.

The Raiders team I saw against a pitiful Broncos team looked strong, tough and nasty, but mostly they looked disorganized and terribly undisciplined.

Countless times the Raiders shoot themselves in the feet with penalties and I see this as being the deciding factor in Sunday's game. It will be the Raiders undoing if they don't fix it.

I'd disagree. I think you can take some things from last year and apply it to the coming year. For instance, the last 6 weeks of any season. Most with football knowledge will tell you you can see the cream rise to the top in and around December and January- thats where you see the good teams start to seperate themselves from the others.. like the Chiefs.. started off hot, then faded and were dominated in December and the 1st rd. People saw that a mile away.

That would be true if your team was identical to last year as well as your opponents. Even then, drawing any kind of correlation would be very weak at best. The team you beat on Monday had the worst defense in the league last year. Using the "last year" argument means you should have crushed them and the Raiders barely won. Both teams are VERY different this year. The Raiders lost their best player in free agency. The Bills have upgrades virtually everywhere.

I think the Raiders are on their way up but this is a bad weekend for them. Here's why:

1. The game is easy coast.

2. It was a short week, much less prep time

3. You have no WR's. Virtually none.

4. The Bills played a base defense last weekend, no info for prep

5. Your TE is hurt.

6. The Raider's offense is entirely one dimensional

7. The Bills defense is greatly improved.

I don't think it will be a blowout but it wouldn't shock me if it was. Then again, I'm a Bills fan and I wouldn't be shocked if we somehow managed to lose by 20. :P

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

That would be true if your team was identical to last year as well as your opponents. Even then, drawing any kind of correlation would be very weak at best. The team you beat on Monday had the worst defense in the league last year. Using the "last year" argument means you should have crushed them and the Raiders barely won. Both teams are VERY different this year. The Raiders lost their best player in free agency. The Bills have upgrades virtually everywhere.

I think the Raiders are on their way up but this is a bad weekend for them. Here's why:

5. Your TE is hurt.

I don't think it will be a blowout but it wouldn't shock me if it was. Then again, I'm a Bills fan and I wouldn't be shocked if we somehow managed to lose by 20. :P

Good points. As for the Raiders' vaunted running game, the Broncos had the 2nd worst run defense last year and did nothing to improve it over the off-season. Yet outside of 3 carries by McFadden which went for 47, 20, and 20 yards, McFadden had 63 yards on 20 carries (3.15 YPC). And if not for Orton having the ball slip out of his hands when they were in FG range and the score was 16-13 (which it was going into the 4th quarter, so it's not like the Raiders ever had control of this game until late), the game could have ended-up very differently.

nice write up sir. I really appreciate being able to watch a game knowing the opposing players are what they MIGHT be capable of.

I noticed some resemblance to our team if you rearrange the descriptions.

Very nearly fair and balanced with some silver and black for flavor of course. I am probably going to watch your left tackle more closely.

Should be a fun game.

But you still need to try The Country Sweet breaded and huge (like TE Chandler haha) wings. PM me and i will send you a bottle of the vaunted sauce.

Good points. As for the Raiders' vaunted running game, the Broncos had the 2nd worst run defense last year and did nothing to improve it over the off-season. Yet outside of 3 carries by McFadden which went for 47, 20, and 20 yards, McFadden had 63 yards on 20 carries (3.15 YPC). And if not for Orton having the ball slip out of his hands when they were in FG range and the score was 16-13 (which it was going into the 4th quarter, so it's not like the Raiders ever had control of this game until late), the game could have ended-up very differently.

IF McCluster doesn't fumble on the opening kickoff.......

IF Colquit doesn't have pathetic punts of...27, 34 and 36 yards...from deep within their own turf.

Things could have ended-up very differently....

Edited by Bump

5. Your TE is hurt.

East Coast? I seriously doubt 1 day of prep will make much of a difference- Oaklands gonna play "their" game- they're gonna make the Bills play the Raiders game. Hue changed the practice to 7am this week

Raiders WR... Bro- the Raiders had Heyward Bey and Murphy last year and beat the Chargers TWICE. The Bills are not even near as good as the Chargers

The Raiders have proven they can beat quality teams.. the Bills have yet to prove that

The Bills beat the Lions, Browns, Bengals and Dolphins last year

Lets be serious here now mkay?

Good report Chronic. I'll understand tomorrow's game a little better thanks to you.

Here's a quick summary of the Bills...

The Bills are better than their 2010 4-12 record. They played 9 teams with 10 wins. The took three playoff teams to OT. Also, 2010 was the first year with a new OC and DC both implementing new systems. Anyway, it's 2011 now.

Bills Offense

QB. Fitz is better than his reputation. Has thrown a TD in something like 15 consecutive games. Smart. Reads defenses well. Usually makes good, quick decisions. Good leader. Has some zip on short passes but not particularly strong-armed. His accuracy drops as the passes get longer. A bit of a gambler and willing to make risky throws - allowing receivers to make plays.

RB. Underrated Freddy Jackson has averaged 4.5 ypc over his career. He's the unsung hero of the Bills offense. Not especially fast or nifty, he finds creases and fights for every yard. Back-up CJ Spiller is fast, athletic and capable of the home-run but isn't patient, doesn't often break arm-tackles and has yet to live up to his 1st round draft status.

WR/TE. The Bills no-name receivers aren't bad. Stevie Johnson had a breakout year last year with 1,000 receiving yards but also tied the NFL lead for drops. Not fast, he has a knack for getting open. You'll see the Bills use a lot of four receiver sets and anyone one of these nameless receivers needs to be accounted for. They all have some talent. Roscoe Parrish is tiny but can be dangerous in the open field with the ball. 6'7" TE Chandler had two TDs last week despite his sloth-like speed.

OL. This group is a bit of a mystery. All five of these guys were on the Bills squad last year when the Bills couldn't run block at all and were only so-so at pass protection. Yet they did a credible job against KC. Center Wood, Guard Levitre and Tackle Bell are all young and hopefully stepping up their game this year. We Bills fans want to see if last week's game was a fluke or if these guys can really play. The offensive line makes most Bills fan nervous, probably especially LT Bell who did play well last week.

Bills Defense

Front Seven. The Bills Run D was worst in the NFL last year but this year's squad is different. The Bills sometimes run a 4-3 and other times a 3-4. DT Kyle Williams is smallish but a Pro Bowling stud. End Dareus was the 3rd player taken overall in this past draft and a beast. LB Shawn Merriman is healthy for the first time in years and hopefully back in form. KC fell behind early and didn't run much so it's too early to say the Bills run D is better. We'll find out against the Raiders.

The Bills last year also had trouble pressuring the QB. It remains to be seen if this years club is any better but there were signs of hope in preseason.

Secondary. We lost Safety Whitner in the offseason and our best CB, McGee, is hurt. Statistically, the Bills secondary looked good last year, but this was partly because teams preferred to get easy yards running against us. Overall, the Bills secondary is okay. No horribly weak links but no superstars either. Maybe I should mention that Safety Byrd led the NFL in Ints two years ago in limited action though only snagged one pick last year.

National media types aren't sure what to make of the Bills. Some have put the Bills around #30 in their preseason power rankings. A couple (Peter King of SI and Mike Florio of PFT, for example) have said they wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills in the playoff hunt this year.

Good luck, Chronic. Hope the Raiders go 15-1 after the Bills destroy them tomorrow.

Two thumbs up

Good job.. thanks for the insight... :thumbsup:

good OP

The Chiefs are a running team not geared to make big comebacks, same with the Raiders. If the game is entirely on Jason Campbell shoulders,and the bills stop the run, I don't see the Raiders winning. Conversely if the Raiders get that running game working and play keep away with the ball they could win.

The Raiders have a new HC, new OC, new DC and this could be an either good or bad thing. I thought Tom Cable did a really good job with the team last season and I can only dream of the Buffalo Bills sweeping the division like the Raiders did last year

Anyway, if the Bills can adequately protect Fitz in this game the Bills should win. jmo

Thanks for the inside take on the Raiders.

Your Raiders have the talent to be quite good, but I think you've left out the most important thing that will affect the outcome of this game.

The Raiders team I saw against a pitiful Broncos team looked strong, tough and nasty, but mostly they looked disorganized and terribly undisciplined.

Countless times the Raiders shoot themselves in the feet with penalties and I see this as being the deciding factor in Sunday's game. It will be the Raiders undoing if they don't fix it.

Something alot of teams out of our division never fully understand the hatred among those two teams

There were punches thrown, retaliations etc

The Raiders beat up on the Broncos so bad that their players knew they only way to get back into the game was to egg on Oakland and hope to draw a flag.. and they did

And the Raiders knew it.. there were a couple tweets of Raider players said they didnt give a damn about penalties because mentally they had them defeated.. and when the Broncos took cheap shots when the Refs werent looking the Raiders fired right back... They dont back down.. thats their style- it will never change

good OP

The Chiefs are a running team not geared to make big comebacks, same with the Raiders. If the game is entirely on Jason Campbell shoulders,and the bills stop the run, I don't see the Raiders winning. Conversely if the Raiders get that running game working and play keep away with the ball they could win.

The Raiders have a new HC, new OC, new DC and this could be an either good or bad thing. I thought Tom Cable did a really good job with the team last season and I can only dream of the Buffalo Bills sweeping the division like the Raiders did last year

Anyway, if the Bills can adequately protect Fitz in this game the Bills should win. jmo

Little misleading- Hue Jackson was the OC last year and hes the OC this year except he now wears the HC hat- he brought in Al Saunders as an assitant and put him upstairs in the booth to assist- but Hue still calls the plays.. go look at monday nights game.. he's calling plays of his sheet all night long.. nothings changed

DC has.. but keep this in mind

Breshanhan was the DC for the Raiders 7 years ago when they went to the Super Bowl. Rod Woddson (secondary coach) and Greg Biekert (Lb coach) were players with the Raiders in that Super Bowl

They know the system and its pretty close to last year with a few extra things rolled into it

But basically, its the same system, offense and defense as last year...

I never would have expected that we would see more intelligent and mature posts from a Raider fan named Chronic, than what we saw from the ever so classy Chiefs fans last week. Thanks for dropping by Raiderjoe and Chronic. I learned quite a bit about your team this week.

Enjoy your wings recipe, and remember, wings can be reheated in the oven. I really like them reheated because the first coating of sauce gets soaked up and a bit charred. Add a new coating of sauce, and you have a late night snack to die for. I'll start cutting up my wings after I leave work today. That's the only difficulty in cooking wings.

Oh yeah, you know that you need celery and blue cheese on the side, right?

Bills 31 - Raiders 13

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by Stranger in a Strange Land