"Fear the Beard"

8-8 Forever?

Down here in the DC area, the Maryland football team (mascot: a terrapin, which is a turtle) have built up the motto: "fear the turtle". Kind of goofy at first, but has caught on and now 20million people know what that means. It helps that the team is also good. My point: if we can build up Fitz by spreading the "Fear the Beard" motto, media all along the East coast will make the association, know what it means, and run with it. Someone put the sign on the wall at the Ralph Sunday with "Fear the Beard" on it... may even get Fitz to start growing it...

I think it's great that 20 million more folks now know WTF a terrapin is - I lived in the DC area for 4 years (including a brief stint in Silver Spring, MD - not far from College Park) and never knew :lol:

(Still don't know what a 'Hoya' is, either!)

Problem is, we already have "FEAR THE 'STACHE" - courtesy of the nice kids at Pitt that founded The Fighting Wannstaches...

post-2970-051098000 1316205921_thumb.jpg

post-2970-093601000 1316206418_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Senator

Down here in the DC area, the Maryland football team (mascot: a terrapin, which is a turtle) have built up the motto: "fear the turtle". Kind of goofy at first, but has caught on and now 20million people know what that means. It helps that the team is also good. My point: if we can build up Fitz by spreading the "Fear the Beard" motto, media all along the East coast will make the association, know what it means, and run with it. Someone put the sign on the wall at the Ralph Sunday with "Fear the Beard" on it... may even get Fitz to start growing it...

We would greatly appreciate it if you kept your ideas to youself in the future.

That is all.

I think it's great that 20 million more folks now know WTF a terrapin is - I lived in the DC area for 4 years (including a brief stint in Silver Spring, MD - not far from College Park) and never knew :lol:

(Still don't know what a 'Hoya' is, either!)

Problem is, we already have "FEAR THE 'STACHE" - courtesy of the nice kids at Pitt that founded The Fighting Wannstaches...

I believe "Hoya Saxa" translates to "What Rocks!" in latin. Supposedly some historical figure was sailing the potomac and was remarking about the size of the rocks along the river's edge. At least that's what i heard about a zillion times when I lived in DC from Georgetown students who will talk about how awesome their school is to no end...

I always thought "fear the beard" was a bad idea for a team from San Fran..

Put this together a couple weeks ago... and "Fear the Beard" is more of an NHL playoff thing than a SF Giants thing.

The thing is, this is the sort of campaign that isn't necessary if Fitz really stays consistent. A string of games like last week, and the Fear of Fitzbeard will arise quite naturally.

On the other hand, this is the sort of campaign that is "to be feared" 'cuz if Fitz lays an egg (Avert!) it just looks stupid.