Drew Bledsoe Comments on Buffalo

Nix Buddy

I am watching Red Sox/Ray's baseball game and Bledsoe is in announcer booth since he is being inducted into Patriots Hall of Fame this weekend. Made comments to this effect:

1. he was exiled to Buffalo and it was awful

2. said it's always snowing there and when it isn't it is raining, windy and miserable

3. playing in these conditions is no fun because a quarterback never looks good

4. he never lost in snow when playing in New England and wished he played in more snow games since he always won

If he was as good in the snow as he claims he was then Buffalo should have made it to the Superbowl under his reign.

Gee.. Buffalo sounds a lot like New England.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in the same town as Drew, in Bend, OR and have seen him around several times. The first time was at the Whole Foods Market where I had a chance to introduce myself as a Bills fan and Drew was super kind to me. The thing I liked was he asked more questions about me than I asked about him. He seemed genuine and was interested in what part of BUF I was from, how long I've been out here, when was the last time I was at the Ralph, we talked skiing at Mt Bachelor and about what a great bunch of golf courses are around Bend. I asked him if he was bitter at all about being shipped out of BUF and he said "absolutely not, I loved my time in Buffalo and it's part of the business".

Then several months later, I saw him at Mt Bachelor on a sick powder day. He came into the bar with a group of guys and I was by myself and holding down a table in the small, packed bar. I offered to let them have my table and I reminded Drew that I chatted with him at Whole Foods and he said "That's why I love Bills Fans".

He IS a classy dude and after listening to that interview, my opinion hasn't changed at all.

I bet a lot of people thought Oj was a classy dude.

In 2002 he broke Jim Kellys single season yardage record for the Bills by over 500 yards and the completion record by over 70 completion (both records still stand). 24 TD against only 15 ints. And you can't say because the threw all the time, Travis Henry had the 5th highest rushing yard total in franchise history with over 1400 yards. Moulds had 100 catches, the only time a Bills players has gotten to that milestone, and Peerless Price had 94 catches, the second highest in franchise history (tied with Moulds). Larry Centers and Travis Henry had almost another 700 yards of receiving yards coming out of the backfield that year. But you are right, he was never any good here, it was all the defense? Just because the guy said something you didn't like, that doesn't erase the record books, if it did, O.J.'s name wouldn't be all over them.

You reference the winning record which was '04, somebody shoots that down, and your reply is this blathering gibberish about '02 and straw-man arguments. :doh:

Tony Romo is far more overrated than Bledsoe ever thought about being.

I couldn't agree more. As a Bills fan, it is easy to spot someone with talent, but without the ability to perform. RJ and Losman had everything a qb could possibly need in terms of talent. Both of them had a MUCH better arm than Fitz, and were even faster runners. Trust me, there are posters on this board who still believe that Losman is a good QB. Fitz however is a better qb than both of them combined.

Bledsoe, before the injury, was twice as good as Romo ever thought about being. That said, his comments were quite uncalled for.

How is the dominant season here winter. I do not get this? It is only nice in July/August? I will admit the weather here is not the best but it gets overplayed so much. The Temp has been over 80 degrees 96 days so far this year. It has not snowed since mid febuary & my guess is it we will not see snow until sometime in December(I could be wrong). We have had a great summer & the fall is looking good so far as well.

BTW, the forecast for Sunday is 71 degrees & Sunny which my guess will be the nicest weather among the 16 cities that are hosting football games this weekend.

The dominant season is winter because November, December, January, February, and March have weather that is cold, rainy, snowy and windy. Thats is 5 months out of 12.

Summer months are June, July and August and June is a stretch as it is more like spring.

Sunday will be 71 and very nice in Buffalo as it will be for most NFL cities in week 2 of the season.

Here is my Bledsoe story - I am golfing at a local cc and Bledsoe and a local tv talent personality car rep are in front of me (who I know - hey it is East Aurora - its like high school here) - we catch them - it is the day after a preseason saturday game - West Herr introduces me to drew - I say hi, welcome, and crack a joke - "Aren't you 'sposed to be breaking down films from last nights game?" Hey looks at me and says he has been playing FB for 26 years and doesn't need to look at film anymore.

He and West Herr can hit the ball a mile BTW :beer:

The guy always tried building his brand on the notion that he was a classy individual.

I remember when he went to Dallas how he was saying how great it was to get rid of all his kids' Buffalo merchandise and trade it all for Dallas stuff.

Spineless, milquetoast, phony as a person and a player.

Go drink some more wine, Drew.

You couldn't carry Kelly's jock.

LOL! I was gonna comment on the Dallas thing with his kids but you beat me too it. What a douche!

Told you.

Welcome back Cutting Drew With Dignity! :worthy::thumbsup::lol:

In 2002 he broke Jim Kellys single season yardage record for the Bills by over 500 yards and the completion record by over 70 completion (both records still stand). 24 TD against only 15 ints. And you can't say because the threw all the time, Travis Henry had the 5th highest rushing yard total in franchise history with over 1400 yards. Moulds had 100 catches, the only time a Bills players has gotten to that milestone, and Peerless Price had 94 catches, the second highest in franchise history (tied with Moulds). Larry Centers and Travis Henry had almost another 700 yards of receiving yards coming out of the backfield that year. But you are right, he was never any good here, it was all the defense? Just because the guy said something you didn't like, that doesn't erase the record books, if it did, O.J.'s name wouldn't be all over them.

Making an analogy between the great OJ Simpson and this POS? Are you serious bro? :thumbdown:

I live in the same town as Drew, in Bend, OR and have seen him around several times. The first time was at the Whole Foods Market where I had a chance to introduce myself as a Bills fan and Drew was super kind to me. The thing I liked was he asked more questions about me than I asked about him. He seemed genuine and was interested in what part of BUF I was from, how long I've been out here, when was the last time I was at the Ralph, we talked skiing at Mt Bachelor and about what a great bunch of golf courses are around Bend. I asked him if he was bitter at all about being shipped out of BUF and he said "absolutely not, I loved my time in Buffalo and it's part of the business".

Then several months later, I saw him at Mt Bachelor on a sick powder day. He came into the bar with a group of guys and I was by myself and holding down a table in the small, packed bar. I offered to let them have my table and I reminded Drew that I chatted with him at Whole Foods and he said "That's why I love Bills Fans".

He IS a classy dude and after listening to that interview, my opinion hasn't changed at all.

Nice try, Mrs. Bledsoe.

For those of you who would like to hear the whole interview and judge for yourself here is the link: http://audio.weei.com/a/45266549/patriot-hall-of-famer-drew-bledsoe-looks-back-on-his-career-in-new-england-and-talks-about-his-relationship-with-tom-brady.htm I personally think he was poking fun of the Buffalo weather more so than the team or fans.

That's great that you posted this, but this is NOT the interview I am referring to. The interview is from the Red Sox game, not the studios of WEEI. You got it all wrong.