Motivation against the Raiders

1billsfan

Simply put, a loss to the Raiders will be all the proof needed to the people who proclaimed 'KC just wasn't a good team' after the Chiefs lost to the Bills.

I know that winning should be all the motivation needed, but I don't necessarily believe that's always the case in professional sports. I think all of the best teams/players need to have that feeling they're being dissed in one form or another to perform at their top level. The Pats do it, Jordan did it. Here's hoping that the Bills' coaches and leaders are using the "you've been dissed" card to it's fullest advantage. Because they really have been dissed by the "KC is a bad team" and the sheer lack of national Bills chatter in favor of Pats, Pats, Pats…Jets, Jets, Jets…

Of course you want them to have the motivation of winning the game, but you also want them to play with an attitude that the other team said some real bad things about their mommas. They need to bring that same attitude that they had last week.

Simply put, a loss to the Raiders will be all the proof needed to the people who proclaimed 'KC just wasn't a good team' after the Chiefs lost to the Bills.

I know that winning should be all the motivation needed, but I don't necessarily believe that's always the case in professional sports. I think all of the best teams/players need to have that feeling they're being dissed in one form or another to perform at their top level. The Pats do it, Jordan did it. Here's hoping that the Bills' coaches and leaders are using the "you've been dissed" card to it's fullest advantage. Because they really have been dissed by the "KC is a bad team" and the sheer lack of national Bills chatter in favor of Pats, Pats, Pats…Jets, Jets, Jets…

Of course you want them to have the motivation of winning the game, but you also want them to play with an attitude that the other team said some real bad things about their mommas. They need to bring that same attitude that they had last week.

I'm not so sure beating the Raiders will be viewed as a statement win either. Gotta drop the Jets and Pats and post a winning season to end the skepticism and silence the critics. I hope this team comes in as the under dog every week. It seems to be the identity they've adopted.

4-12 should be motivation

Well, it's basically the reason nobody believed KC was any good last year. They won 10 games and their division, but never beat anybody with a winning record and didn't fare so great within their division.

Same with the Bills. Beat some good teams, including teams within the division, and then people will think it's real.

This should be the only motivation anyone associated with the Bills needs to think about...

I expect to be undefeated. I expect it. I think our players expect it. If you don’t expect it, something’s wrong with you. If you say, “Well I hope we’re a little bit better than last year,” you ought to get out. That’s wrong. I expect to win every one of them. I expect to be undefeated. That’s the way I’ve always been and that’s the way I’ll always be. I want to be 1-0 after this one and who ever we play second I want to be 2-0. - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

4-12 should be motivation

I agree completely with this sentiment. I am absolutely positive there is NO WAY the Bills will have an emotional let down. An 11-year, non playoff team coming off a 4-12 season does not get complacent after one win. The opposite is actually the more likely scenario.It goes like this:

"Wow! Winning feels really really good!"

"I think I will play my butt off so I can feel that way for another week."

I plan to have no voice left at about 4 pm on Sunday helping the Bills make that goal.

+1

Until we beat the Patriots I just can't say we've turned the corner.

You may be standing at that corner for a while.

I'm not saying that we can't beat them but I would rather say if we can compete each game, not get blown out, that would be turning a corner to me.

You may be standing at that corner for a while.

I'm not saying that we can't beat them but I would rather say if we can compete each game, not get blown out, that would be turning a corner to me.

Historically we've fared quite well against the Pats* in the first annual match up. Historically, it's been the second game that's been the embarrassment.

Therefore, keeping it close against *the Pats isn't good enough for me and won't tell us jack squat.

Historically we've fared quite well against the Pats* in the first annual match up. Historically, it's been the second game that's been the embarrassment.

Therefore, keeping it close against *the Pats isn't good enough for me and won't tell us jack squat.

Let's worry about the Cheatriots next week

As tempting as it is to talk about the Pats game, I just can't bring myself to do it. It's as if you guys are daring the football gods to give the Bills a loss against the Raiders.

Maybe fans just aren't as superstitious anymore. I think the Raider game will be a tough fought game. They have a good defense and a great running back. They have a very good head coach. They're a bunch of brawlers.

This talking about the Pats game is bad mojo. This Raider game will be close, count on it. Which means that it is no "gimmi", no "put it in the win column". You'll have plenty of time talking about the Pats during Pats week.

Exactly. Raiders are a must win to prove our new run defense.

The Pats are must win to prove our legitimacy.

Last win against the Pats was September 7, 2003. That is now over 8 years ago.

8 years that we haven't been able to beat the Patriots!

We have GOT to beat them this year.

This should be the only motivation anyone associated with the Bills needs to think about...

I expect to be undefeated. I expect it. I think our players expect it. If you don’t expect it, something’s wrong with you. If you say, “Well I hope we’re a little bit better than last year,” you ought to get out. That’s wrong. I expect to win every one of them. I expect to be undefeated. That’s the way I’ve always been and that’s the way I’ll always be. I want to be 1-0 after this one and who ever we play second I want to be 2-0. - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

And to think Gailey took heat for saying that..! i love it, its the exact kind of mentality I want my head coach to have..! If you don't think your going to win, or you are just hoping to win then why even play..