LOL NFL calls Fitz Fitzgerald

Silvercrw

It's bull ****. The man has about 50 touchdowns in this league, is a longtime vet, has dozens of starts, etc.

I know Buffalo is among the least covered teams in the league, but come on. It's the NFL, by FAR the country's most popular sport. Even casual fans from other cities know his name by know.

I don't know how someone could be this bad at their job.

It's bull ****. The man has about 50 touchdowns in this league, is a longtime vet, has dozens of starts, etc.

I know Buffalo is among the least covered teams in the league, but come on. It's the NFL, by FAR the country's most popular sport. Even casual fans from other cities know his name by know.

I don't know how someone could be this bad at their job.

Preach.

It's an utter disgrace.

That's nothing. I saw a segment on (I think) ESPN where they were talking about keeping certain backups active and they said it's definitely worth while to keep Fitz as an active backup. The dude didn't know Fitz is the starter! Blew my mind. Absolutely ridiculous! I mean, really, there are only 32 starters in the league, is it really that difficult to know 32 items when it's your job???!!!???

Every now and then I catch myself calling him Ryan FITZGERALD!!

In fairness, I think Cowgirl is on to something here. Whether it's JFK's middle name (for old salt's like me) or that Fitzpatrick simply isn't very common vs. other Fitz-names, it's undeniably difficult to remember. But I can't say why..:unsure:

It's likely Ryan has put up with it his whole life..

If it adds motivation to the team, then Fitzgerald it is!

In fairness, I think Cowgirl is on to something here. Whether it's JFK's middle name (for old salt's like me) or that Fitzpatrick simply isn't very common vs. other Fitz-names, it's undeniably difficult to remember. But I can't say why..:unsure:

It's likely Ryan has put up with it his whole life..

If it adds motivation to the team, then Fitzgerald it is!

When you are a journalist, it is your job to get the facts straight. That includes sorting through the myriad of Fitz_____ NFL quarterbacks.

That's nothing. I saw a segment on (I think) ESPN where they were talking about keeping certain backups active and they said it's definitely worth while to keep Fitz as an active backup. The dude didn't know Fitz is the starter! Blew my mind. Absolutely ridiculous! I mean, really, there are only 32 starters in the league, is it really that difficult to know 32 items when it's your job???!!!???

They were talking about fantasy.