Sarah Palin allegedly had a one night stand with former NBA player

Or, it could have something to do with that Palin has been preaching "abstinence" yet, alledgedly, didn't practice it herself, and her message clearly didn't get through to her kids...is that hard to understand?

And yet on the scale of sins, adultery is much higher up the chain (ok lower in Dante's world) - but the coverage and volume seems directed at the one nighter with a black dude. Interesting. No?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or, it could have something to do with that Palin has been preaching "abstinence" yet, alledgedly, didn't practice it herself, and her message clearly didn't get through to her kids...is that hard to understand?

That bastion of conservatism the LA Times article on Sarah Palin and "abstinence only" education. Do you ever read anything other than the National Inquirer or People Magazine?

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/sep/06/nation/na-sexed6

That bastion of conservatism the LA Times article on Sarah Palin and "abstinence only" education. Do you ever read anything other than the National Inquirer or People Magazine?

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/sep/06/nation/na-sexed6

:lol::lol:

You are a bigger idiot than I thought...I could care less who Sarah Palin doinked...it is her hypocrisy that is the issue, for me...the article you linked does nothing to lessen that, only makes it seem more blatent...

btw- the National Enquirer, in recent years, has garnered much more credibility on tawdry matters, such as this, than most any other publication...they were the ones that broke the John Edwards scandal, when he was still a viable candidate, to some...it went ignored, because it was the Enquirer, but they had all the dirt....you just seem to take umberage with it when it is one of your own...

Edited by Buftex

You are a bigger idiot than I thought...I could care less who Sarah Palin doinked...it is her hypocrisy that is the issue, for me...the article you linked does nothing to lessen that, only makes it seem more blatent...

btw- the National Enquirer, in recent years, has garnered much more credibility on tawdry matters, such as this, than most any other publication...they were the ones that broke the John Edwards scandal, when he was still a viable candidate, to some...it went ignored, because it was the Enquirer, but they had all the dirt....you just seem to take umberage with it when it is one of your own...

What hypocrisy? She said she was for "abstinance only" education along with standard sex education taught in 96% of schools. She didn't say she was for "only abstinence" education.

So in recent years the Inquirer has garnered more credibility? What would you say, the last 5 years? 10 years?

Ever think that maybe she's preaching abstinence because she didn't practice it and realizes the mistake she made? Nah you probably didn't. Kind of like an ex drug addict or a felon teaching others the error of their ways.

Edited by Chef Jim

And yet on the scale of sins, adultery is much higher up the chain (ok lower in Dante's world) - but the coverage and volume seems directed at the one nighter with a black dude. Interesting. No?

Snorting coke and adultery are not as bad as sleeping with a black dude.

/media

Ever think that maybe she's preaching abstinence because she didn't practice it and realizes the mistake she made? Nah you probably didn't. Kind of like an ex drug addict or a felon teaching others the error of their ways.

Yes, I thought of that...and honestly, I could give a crap...I just think it is funny that so many are acting if she is being persecuted by the media more so than anybody, of any political persuasion would be, in the same situation.

Thanks for illuminating me though! All of you, here, who pretend you are not partisan are full of absolute crap...not directed at you Chef, you are full of crap for other, completely legit reasons! :rolleyes:

Yes, I thought of that...and honestly, I could give a crap...I just think it is funny that so many are acting if she is being persecuted by the media more so than anybody, of any political persuasion would be, in the same situation.

Thanks for illuminating me though! All of you, here, who pretend you are not partisan are full of absolute crap...not directed at you Chef, you are full of crap for other, completely legit reasons! :rolleyes:

Ok you thought about that but YOU are such a partisan hack you dismissed it completely and played the hypocrite card. Good job! I get such a kick out of the biggest partisan hacks here calling each other partisan hacks. It's quite entertaining...actually no it's not. It's actually depressing. But you know what would really be depressing? If I gave half a **** what you thing about me.

Love this line:

All of you, here, who pretend you are not partisan are full of absolute crap

w00t.gif

Edited by Chef Jim

How about this link? This is from some of your own, but don't take "umberage" with it.

http://news.yahoo.com/lamestream-media-defends-palin-093100032.html

Reviewer Janet Maslin called “The Rogue” a work of “caustic, unsubstantiated gossip,” accusing its author, who rented a house next door to the Palins for a time, of sloppiness, attention seeking and a lack of neighborliness.

“‘The Rogue’ is too busy being nasty to be lucid,” Maslin concludes, describing its many accusations as “indefensibly reckless.”

Edited by 3rdnlng

How about this link? This is from some of your own, but don't take "umberage" with it.

http://news.yahoo.com/lamestream-media-defends-palin-093100032.html

Reviewer Janet Maslin called “The Rogue” a work of “caustic, unsubstantiated gossip,” accusing its author, who rented a house next door to the Palins for a time, of sloppiness, attention seeking and a lack of neighborliness.

“‘The Rogue’ is too busy being nasty to be lucid,” Maslin concludes, describing its many accusations as “indefensibly reckless.”

For the millionth time, and then I am out, I don't care about the book...it is just funny that so many of you are acting as if its' coverage (which I have actually seen very little of, by the way) is some liberal media event...do you think if someone wrote the same stuff about Hillary Clinton, it would get any less attention? It's a mean world we live in...you should know that by now...why does this, over all the other disgraceful things that come out about people, or all persuasions, get your dander up so much?

Ok you thought about that but YOU are such a partisan hack you dismissed it completely and played the hypocrite card. Good job! I get such a kick out of the biggest partisan hacks here calling each other partisan hacks. It's quite entertaining...actually no it's not. It's actually depressing. But you know what would really be depressing? If I gave half a **** what you thing about me.

Love this line:

w00t.gif

Hey Chef, I really was just funnin' with you...I kind of missed you! I am not afraid to be called a "partisan hack", I just want the name callers to look in the mirror from time to time...

Edited by Buftex

For the millionth time, and then I am out, I don't care about the book...it is just funny that so many of you are acting as if its' coverage (which I have actually seen very little of, by the way) is some liberal media event...do you think if someone wrote the same stuff about Hillary Clinton, it would get any less attention? It's a mean world we live in...you should know that by now...why does this, over all the other disgraceful things that come out about people, or all persuasions, get your dander up so much?

Hey Chef, I really was just funnin' with you...I kind of missed you! I am not afraid to be called a "partisan hack", I just want the name callers to look in the mirror from time to time...

You don't care about the book but you used the claims from the book about her activities to call her a hypocrite? You are truly a disingenuous little weazel with no intellectual honesty. You are also a partisan hack. BTW, who is Napolian?

So you draw a moral equivalence between posting a video - a video of Michelle O, apparently mouthing a disparaging, condescending remark about a flag folding ceremony at the 10th anniversary of 9/11 with some wack job author writing a slanderous book filled with unsubstantiated accusations about someone's personal life? How big of you Buftex.

This is the kind of argument that irritates me. If you guys want to rip her for being less than a polished, worldly intellectual then fine, but don't give me the hypocrite argument based on this flimsy ****.

Claiming 13 year olds don't need comprehensive sex ed in schools is somehow comparable to a 23 year old getting some?

It's just like the "hypocrissy" charge from her daughter getting pregnant. Why doesn't anyone scream hypocrissy when a lib's kid gets pregnant? Oh yeah, because they snuff that little mother !@#$er out in the womb and no one ever hears about it.

And for that matter, I've never heard someone call Barbara Streisand a hypocrite for her stances on gay rights after her gay son got a shot of AIDS up his ass.

Edited by Rob's House

This is the kind of argument that irritates me. If you guys want to rip her for being less than a polished, worldly intellectual then fine, but don't give me the hypocrite argument based on this flimsy ****.

Claiming 13 year olds don't need comprehensive sex ed in schools is somehow comparable to a 23 year old getting some?

It's just like the "hypocrissy" charge from her daughter getting pregnant. Why doesn't anyone scream hypocrissy when a lib's kid gets pregnant? Oh yeah, because they snuff that little mother !@#$er out in the womb and no one ever hears about it.

And for that matter, I've never heard someone call Barbara Streisand a hypocrite for her stances on gay rights after her gay son got a shot of AIDS up his ass.

hypocrisy - and explain how Streisand was a hypocrite, maybe I missed it, but I think you are unclear on the concept.

Just a general :thumbdown: to the entire post.