Prediction thread; Raiders @ Buffalo

The Chiefs and Raiders couldn't be much more different. Going into the Chiefs game, I was more concerned about the Raiders. Their week 1 game made it clear that these aren't the pushovers that some people think. They're a lot like the Bills in that regard. This one is going to be a fight and I'll bet the W won't be evident until late in the 4th. First team to get up 2 scores should win this game - I don't see the Raiders passing to victory and I don't see the Bills having the same success on the ground, either. The Raiders will try to run primarily and the Bills will try to pass primarily.

Both of the Raiders' lines are big and nasty and we'll learn more about our lines from this contest than we did from the Chiefs. This is the trend of the NFL - bigger bodies. It will be interesting to watch the matchup against Seymore and Bell/Levitre. That guy has not lost a single thing - he was released because he's a 5 technique and the Pats play a 43 now. He looked like his prime self the other night.

The Bills might have a slight advantage due to the travel and jet lag but I think those things are generally overrated. If we can hold them to 150 total rushing yards or less I don't see how we lose. But that's a big If.

Bills 24, Raiders 20

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills come out sluggish in the first half, thinking they are as good as last week's score. The Raiders take a pounding to the Bills early. The game slowly turns, as the Bills scratch back into the game in the second half. Trailing by 2 with 2:22 to play in the 4th, a fumble recovery gives the Bills possession on their own 22 yard line. Fitz leads a drive to the Raider 27 yard line yard line, and Lindell hits the last second 44 yard FG.

The Bills come out sluggish in the first half, thinking they are as good as last week's score. The Raiders take a pounding to the Bills early. The game slowly turns, as the Bills scratch back into the game in the second half. Trailing by 2 with 2:22 to play in the 4th, a fumble recovery gives the Bills possession on their own 22 yard line. Fitz leads a drive to the Raider 27 yard line yard line, and Lindell hits the last second 44 yard FG.

Is Trent Edwards playing or something? Thats much like the game went when Jamarcus Russell still had promise

<br />The Chiefs and Raiders couldn't be much more different. Going into the Chiefs game, I was more concerned about the Raiders. Their week 1 game made it clear that these aren't the pushovers that some people think. They're a lot like the Bills in that regard. This one is going to be a fight and I'll bet the W won't be evident until late in the 4th. First team to get up 2 scores should win this game - I don't see the Raiders passing to victory and I don't see the Bills having the same success on the ground, either. The Raiders will try to run primarily and the Bills will try to pass primarily. <br /><br />Both of the Raiders' lines are big and nasty and we'll learn more about our lines from this contest than we did from the Chiefs. This is the trend of the NFL - bigger bodies. It will be interesting to watch the matchup against Seymore and Bell/Levitre. That guy has not lost a single thing - he was released because he's a 5 technique and the Pats play a 43 now. He looked like his prime self the other night. <br /><br />The Bills might have a slight advantage due to the travel and jet lag but I think those things are generally overrated. If we can hold them to 150 total rushing yards or less I don't see how we lose. But that's a big If. <br /><br />Bills 24, Raiders 20<br />
spot on except you Seymour assessment. You're correct, he's as good as ever, but he wasn't released, he was traded for a #1 pick. He's been a raider for 3 years now, and during his first 2, NE played a predominantly 3-4. He was traded because they didn't want to pay him AND because they could get the raiders 1st rd pick. I disagree that be was traded because he played a 5 technique.

I won 12 on my pick 'em in the first week (Bills were my upset). I have the Bills winning this week. I do not see it being close.

Denver is horrid and almost took Oakland at home. Campbell is an awful QB and Denver's days of run stopping are down. Basically, the Broncos are a mess and sliding down.

Bills look to be improving and going up. Let's look at their defense:

DL: This unit is their core. Kelly and Seymour are just beasts and the ends are good compliments.

LB: Now they are starting to get weaker. That LB corp is average-to-good, the exception being pass rusher Wimbley. Screens are good to get passed the pass rush and Jackson is a good receiving HB.

DB: I consider this the weakest part of their defense. Very young, very raw and not too deep. Patience and timing will allow the Bills receivers to open up against them. This might be a game where Nelson and Chandler (holy crap. . .I mentioned a TE in the Bills offense) could do well.

Let's look at their offense:

QB: Campbell? You're kidding, right?

HB: More than solid, but also bruising. This part scares me completely, but again, if Charles can be shut down, so can McFadden.

WR/TE: There is NOTHING here that scares me. Their receivers are average at best. . .their QB is G-d awful and with no run, there is no pass with Oakland. Just like Chiefs.

OL: Good, solid line that protects well.

Comparisons:

QB: Bills edge (I'll take Fitz over Campbell once a day and twice on sundays)

HB: Even (both are about the same, except Spiller is more of a speed back and Bush is more power)

WR: Bills edge (I smell a big day for Nelson and Stevie)

TE: Slight Bills edge (if Chandler wasn't a fluke)

OL: Raiders edge (I still do not have faith in our line completely)

DL: Even (yes, our DL has improved that much with Dareus and Williams)

LB: Bills edge (Barnett is a major improvement and I believe we will see more of Davis and Morrison this week)

DB: Bills edge (McFumbles, Williams, Florence, Wilson, Byrd, Scott and Corner{?} are a bit better than the Raiders

K: Raiders BIG edge (never been a Lindell fan)

P: Bills BIG edge (Moorman should have his number retired)

Bills edge: 6

Raiders edge: 2

Even: 1

On paper, this should be a major blow out at home. Bills are favored -3 and the over/under is 43.

Bills to win and beat the spread. I'd go for the under.

Final score: 31 - 10 Buffalo