Fitzpatricks last 16 games

Key here is three games with 4 TD's...that means 40% of his TD production essentially came in 3 games. You also left off all his lost fumbles, thats 21 turnovers in 16 games. Stat totals can be misleading. It looks good at first glance, but he struggled in many of the other 13 games where he also got several garbage time TD's to also pad that stat line.

That being said, he looked good yesterday and I loved seeing it and had a lot of fun watching the game...but the thing with Fitz is that he has boom or bust issues, and more often bust. What I need to see from him is consistency and to string some good games together. Raiders will be a good test for him and this offense as their D looked sharp last night, so looking forward to seeing if we can string a couple of good performances together by not only Fitz, but the rest of the offense and the D.

So I am confused, Fitz had 21 fumbles lost all by himself in his last 16 games, if so why is he still in the NFL.

The Fitz stat that I think says it all is that in the Fitz era (last 33 games), when Fitz was the leading passer in the game for the Bills, the Bills were 10-13. With all other starters 1-9.

Improving the play of everyone on the team is a true indicator of leadership. HOF QB Roger Staubach says a QB's greatest asset is leadership.

If Fitz stays healthy, we got a shot to make some real noise in the AFC East this year.

He just has to get rid of slow starts. That's his major problem. The INT's don't worry me as much because he threw more than a few at the very end of games when we were pushing. If you're a better team, those will go down. But we saw it again last Sunday, Fitzy is a slow starter which I think is his main problem and the reason why his completion percentage is so low.

He just has to get rid of slow starts. That's his major problem. The INT's don't worry me as much because he threw more than a few at the very end of games when we were pushing. If you're a better team, those will go down. But we saw it again last Sunday, Fitzy is a slow starter which I think is his main problem and the reason why his completion percentage is so low.

68% is low? :unsure:

288-491 (58.6%) 3541 yards 31 Tds and 16 ints

Three 4 TD games in that span

Yes I know there were a few stinker games in there, but 31 TDs from our QB and 3500 yards? Thats a damn fine season especially if he can cut down on INTs

Don't you know this team will never go anywhere until we get a franchise QB?????

Don't you know this team will never go anywhere until we get a franchise QB?????

I think we might have found one.

Fitz won't be here for 10 years but he could be here for 6 or 7 or 8 even. Continuity is the key here. You have a guy play for you for 8 years, thats pretty consistent and better than weve had since Kelly left.

The team beleives in him, gailey believes in him and his numbers are pretty good. Lock him up now and draft a tackle early next year to protect him

Jim Kelly's best year ever was 1991 when he threw 33 TDs and 17 INTs, basically the same 2-1 ratio that Fitz has. He threw 474 passes to those 491 for Fitz. He threw for 3844 yards to Fitz's 3541 and he had a much better completion average. But this was Jim Kelly's best year ever, on a 13-2 Super Bowl team (he missed one game) with a fabulous OL, a Hall of Fame RB and Hall of Fame to be WR.

Kelly's second best year ever, he threw for 25 TDs and he had only that one year over 3500 yards.

Just some perspective, not saying Fitz is as good as Kelly in any way. He's pretty good though.

Kelly was tops in a lot of categories too, remember passing numbers in general were lower then. Fitz is not tops in anything.

Dont be to harsh on Fitz for those interceptions.a few of those came on the heels of having to pass more to come from behind and force throws to try and make something happen.Now if the team can stay ahead and control the game you'll see his interceptions go down

and playing behind a horrid O-line for most of that time.

He just has to get rid of slow starts. That's his major problem. The INT's don't worry me as much because he threw more than a few at the very end of games when we were pushing. If you're a better team, those will go down. But we saw it again last Sunday, Fitzy is a slow starter.

A TD pass on the first drive is a slow start? 20 points at half time is a slow start?

A TD pass on the first drive is a slow start? 20 points at half time is a slow start?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/8664/year/2010/ryan-fitzpatrick

One game doesn't really tell the whole story. So far under Chan, from what I've seen, he does start off a little slow, and then picks it up as the game goes on. There is nothing damning about that, its just how it is.

In previous years though, it looks like his first quarter numbers are better. Odd... maybe it's a play calling thing?

Edited by Dorkington

Not criticizing Fitz, just your point if you are talking about the game in K.C. The first drive was only like 20 yards long? Losman could have done that. He had a few drives in the game much more impressive than that one. There has to be a better example to prove your point, hopefully this time next week you will have a real good one.

Not criticizing Fitz, just your point if you are talking about the game in K.C. The first drive was only like 20 yards long? Losman could have done that. He had a few drives in the game much more impressive than that one. There has to be a better example to prove your point, hopefully this time next week you will have a real good one.

Actually, a big problem with Losman and Edwards (and the lines blocking for them) was that they couldn't cash in on good field position with regularity.

I'm still trying to figure out how a TD pass on the first drive (regardless of length) and 20 points in the first half is a "slow start". Please explain.

I agree that last year Fitz had quite a few slow starts. He does need to improve off of that.