Pay Fred Jackson Mr Overdoff PLEASE ?

Bufcomments

OK one thing is clear and if you don"t see this OBD well you can't say I didnt try to help :)

Fred Jackson is good enough to help you make the playoffs.

Give him the Rock . Let him run over people all day, he only comes out if he gets tired. Let CJ learn.

You have to pay him, No doubt about it. The Vets will love ya for it. But please please please pay Fred.

2yr deal with 6 million locked in. Or if anybody else has a salary suggestion?

We have to get this done.

From a old school fan :).

Thanks for reading.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In August of 2010, Fred Jackson of the Buffalo Bills signed a four year extension to play for the BUFFALO BILLS after much public outcry that he was underpaid. The extension pays him in the neighborhood of $2million/year.

Now, does he deserve more ... probably ... but the Bills did come through with a contract that Fred and his agent accepted.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/article167612.ece

Edited by shoretalk

In August of 2010, Fred Jackson of the Buffalo Bills signed a four year extension to play for the BUFFALO BILLS after much public outcry that he was underpaid. The extension pays him in the neighborhood of $2million/year.

Now, does he deserve more ... probably ... but the Bills did come through with a contract that Fred and his agent accepted.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/article167612.ece

Sure he signed that one. But you have to look at it like this.

Fred make 2 mill a yr. CJ makes 5 per year.

Fred is CLEARLY the best back on the team but he is not paid like it.

Maybe a nice is season bonus check maybe?

His agent maybe screwed him. But Kyle Williams is on his 3rd contract already. It can be done is all I am saying.

<br />In August of 2010, Fred Jackson of the Buffalo Bills signed a four year extension to play for the BUFFALO BILLS after much public outcry that he was underpaid.  The extension pays him in the neighborhood of $2million/year.<br /><br />Now, does he deserve more ... probably ... but the Bills did come through with a contract that Fred and his agent accepted.<br /><br /><a href='http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/article167612.ece' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://www.buffalone...ticle167612.ece</a><br />

As did Kyle williams, and we extended him.

Sorry to say no team is going to give big money to an RB on the wrong side of 30, an age where a lot of running backs start to fall off and in many cases fall fast...

As good as Jackson is...he likely would have been a 10,000 yard rusher in the NFL had his talent been discovered sooner, it doesn't make good business sense to pay for past performance and not future expected performance which is likely going to drop a lot within the next two years...good teams don't do that...

Fred is a Fresh 30. There are always some exceptions to the rule. Freddie is one of them.

He easy can have 2 more solid 1000 yd seasons left and he can catch the ball out the backfield and is more than solid in pass protection. Captain of the team so he's well respected in the Locker room.

What more do ya want from an RB??

Sure he signed that one. But you have to look at it like this.

Fred make 2 mill a yr. CJ makes 5 per year.

Fred is CLEARLY the best back on the team but he is not paid like it.

Maybe a nice is season bonus check maybe?

His agent maybe screwed him. But Kyle Williams is on his 3rd contract already. It can be done is all I am saying.

I agree that it can be done and I agree that Fred is underpaid but before last season (And, after the Spiller pick.) a contract agreement was reached for four years that apparently satisfied all the parties. It averages out to $2 million/year for Fred. Now, in my lifetime, my wife's lifetime, my brother's lifetime, and his wife's lifetime ... we are not going to earn together $8million.

If Fred and his agent wanted more they didn't have to sign the contract.

Frankly, I am one of those old school types that believes once a contract is signed it should be honored by all parties. The point of negotiations is to present all the factors in favor of more money and also against more money ... then both sides give and take until there is a satisfactory outcome. In the NFL if a player and agent don't like an offer they can play out the end of their contract until free agency and then go elsewhere. I would bet that Fred and his agent took age into consideration accepting a slightly lower contract fearing that an injury might eliminate a future big pay day.

Right now the Bills need to work on Stevie's contract and Fitz's before coming back to Fred for some bonus time!

I know Bills fans love themselves a hard working underdog, but it's tough to listen to some of this hyperbole.

Fred is a great story, a good leader and a terrific football player. He is not a top 15 RB though. He's good no doubt. He's a starter at the NFL level. But, lets not induct him into the Hall of Fame just yet. He is being paid, and he's being paid quite well for a 30 year old undrafted RB.

Seriously though, you watch the games, right?

Put Fred Jackson on the Packers, or the Saints, or the Patriots, or the Colts (pre-injury), or any good offensive team. He doesn't run hard or break tackles or always fall forward or get through the smallest creases or bulldoze DBs because the Bills stink, he does it because he is a great player. He catches very well, he blocks very well, he runs inside and out, and even shows speed around the corner. He never takes a play off let alone a quarter or a game. He would be an absolute stud on a good team.

Seriously though, you watch the games, right?

Put Fred Jackson on the Packers, or the Saints, or the Patriots, or the Colts (pre-injury), or any good offensive team. He doesn't run hard or break tackles or always fall forward or get through the smallest creases or bulldoze DBs because the Bills stink, he does it because he is a great player. He catches very well, he blocks very well, he runs inside and out, and even shows speed around the corner. He never takes a play off let alone a quarter or a game. He would be an absolute stud on a good team.

Kelly,

The closest situation for Freddy is Ryan Grant with the Packers....and the Packers really didn't pay him the big money....

His biggest weakness is scoring TDs...He simply seems to disappear in the Red zone (Not sure why)....Even in yesterday's game, at the 1 yard line instead of putting his head down, he tried to go in straight and was easily stood up by the LB....If you are the starting RB of the team and would like to be a super star you have to put the ball in the end zone. Hope Freddy does it often this year.

Kelly,

The closest situation for Freddy is Ryan Grant with the Packers....and the Packers really didn't pay him the big money....

His biggest weakness is scoring TDs...He simply seems to disappear in the Red zone (Not sure why)....Even in yesterday's game, at the 1 yard line instead of putting his head down, he tried to go in straight and was easily stood up by the LB....If you are the starting RB of the team and would like to be a super star you have to put the ball in the end zone. Hope Freddy does it often this year.

I like Ryan Grant. had him on my fantasy team two years so I watched him a lot. He's a pretty darn good back.

I can't think of one thing that Ryan Grant does better than Fred Jackson. Jackson runs harder and more powerful, breaks more tackles, finds hole better, makes more out of nothing better, falls forward better, catches better and blocks better. RB is not all about stats. Grant has some breakaway runs and I don't know what his 40 time is but he isn't any faster than Jackson who has pure football speed.

Ah, the legend of Fred Jackson continues to grow...

Freddie played a heck of a game on Sunday no doubt, as he should since he is currently being paid $2mil to do so.

He has this year and next on his contract. If he wants to re-negotiate he can try that after this season.

I agree that he should be paid, although the extension will be short. But we should also make him run for his money this year.

I know Bills fans love themselves a hard working underdog, but it's tough to listen to some of this hyperbole.

Fred is a great story, a good leader and a terrific football player. He is not a top 15 RB though. He's good no doubt. He's a starter at the NFL level. But, lets not induct him into the Hall of Fame just yet. He is being paid, and he's being paid quite well for a 30 year old undrafted RB.

This type of stuff is insane I'm sorry. Bills fans have lost their minds.

If I'm not mistaken, his jersey is already in the HOF for the record-setting performance he had 2 yrs ago...being the 1st to ever have 1000 yards rushing and 1000 yards returning kicks in the same season. Also I believe his all-purpose yards that season were the 4th highest ever recorded.

OK one thing is clear and if you don"t see this OBD well you can't say I didnt try to help :)

Fred Jackson is good enough to help you make the playoffs.

Give him the Rock . Let him run over people all day, he only comes out if he gets tired. Let CJ learn.

You have to pay him, No doubt about it. The Vets will love ya for it. But please please please pay Fred.

2yr deal with 6 million locked in. Or if anybody else has a salary suggestion?

We have to get this done.

From a old school fan :).

Thanks for reading.

You're not helping.

Against the Chiefs, Jackson played about as good a game as I would have expected from Thurman in his prime. Granted, one game does not a career make. Even J.P. Losman looked good in a few games.

However, I dispute your statement that Jackson isn't a top-15 back in this league. Can you name 15 other RBs in the NFL who would have done better than Jackson, had they been the featured back of the Bills' 2010 offense?

Against the Chiefs, Jackson played about as good a game as I would have expected from Thurman in his prime. Granted, one game does not a career make. Even J.P. Losman looked good in a few games.

However, I dispute your statement that Jackson isn't a top-15 back in this league. Can you name 15 other RBs in the NFL who would have done better than Jackson, had they been the featured back of the Bills' 2010 offense?

You expect Thurman to score ZERO touchdowns?

Look, I really like Freddie all around, but he has a major issue with getting it in the end zone. If he is the feature back for an entire season this year, he better start scoring consistently and end up with 10+ TDs.

As far as your question goes, of course it's impossible to answer, but playing along with guys who couldve done the same job...:

Arian Foster

Michael Turner

MJD

Adrian Peterson

Steven Jackson

Ray Rice

Darren McFadden

Matt Forte

LT

Frank Gore

Brandon Jacobs

Ahmed Bradshaw

Rashard Mendenhall

Felix Jones

Jonathan Stewart

There's 15 possibilities. I even left off Jamaal Charles and Chris Johnson, amongst others.

Fred is GREAT, I love the way he runs and his work ethic, but he is replaceable.

You expect Thurman to score ZERO touchdowns?

Look, I really like Freddie all around, but he has a major issue with getting it in the end zone. If he is the feature back for an entire season this year, he better start scoring consistently and end up with 10+ TDs.

As far as your question goes, of course it's impossible to answer, but playing along with guys who couldve done the same job...:

Arian Foster

Michael Turner

MJD

Adrian Peterson

Steven Jackson

Ray Rice

Darren McFadden

Matt Forte

LT

Frank Gore

Brandon Jacobs

Ahmed Bradshaw

Rashard Mendenhall

Felix Jones

Jonathan Stewart

There's 15 possibilities. I even left off Jamaal Charles and Chris Johnson, amongst others.

Fred is GREAT, I love the way he runs and his work ethic, but he is replaceable.

It's debatable whether, Stewart, Jones, Jacobs, Gore, LT nowadays, Forte, Bradshaw are better than Fred.

Not to mention everyone of those guys except, MJD, Stewart, and Jackson play on better teams with better supporting cast.