He's a Robot and are the Patriots our new Dolphins?

shoretalk

62 members have voted

1. 1. Which team do you consider the Bill's primary rival?

• Miami Dolphins
    • New England Patriots
    • NY (New Jersey actually) Jets
    • Another Team

After watching Tom Brady last night I am convinced that he is a robot. Obviously, there is a very limited personality ... he married a plastic woman ... it seems he just spins and throws completions that are in the air for mere seconds ... I really detest BRADY and the PATRIOTS and BELICHICK and am starting to realize that after totally hating the Miami Dolphins most of my life that I really am savoring a victory or two over the Pats more than the Dolphins. Maybe it is because the Dolphins have made themselves meaningless (They have no fan base, their team has sucked almost as badly as we have, and Bills' players don't seem to sense a big rivalry with them.).

So, my question is ... what team do you feel is now the BILLS' biggest rival? The team you hate and love to see lose games?

Is it still the DOLPHINS (SQUISH THE FISH) or has it become the PATRIOTS? Or the JETS? Or some non-division team?

it's not a rivalry when a team has beaten you 13 straight times.

I think this is pretty much true. Down here in NC, Tar Heel fans feel that way about NC State (I'm talking basketball). State fans absolutely despise Carolina and call us their biggest rival, but we look at them with a sense of pity -- as if to say, "let us know when you think you can be a little competitive, ok?"

Carolina-Dook, on the other hand, is an unbelievable rivalry because it ebbs and flows between the two schools on a yearly basis.

There has to be some sort of balance for a true rivalry to exist.

it's not a rivalry when a team has beaten you 13 straight times.

Sadly, yes, this. One of my editors was talking last week about how excited she was about football season. I asked what team (having an inkling as she was from new hampshire)? I made a joke about them being a mortal enemy or something. She asked me what team I followed, and she said "you're not a jets fan, are you, I hate them." I was wearing a Buffalo Bills shirt and had been sitting next to her for the past 9 or so hours. We just don't register at this point to Pats fans. Hopefully that changes week 3.

The pats...the pats...you gotta get through them to win the division and right now they are the powerhouse. Jets not far behind, but we gotta decide we aren't going to settle for third place. The pats are the team to hate. Actually they were our first hated rival as the Boston patriots. I remember Babe Parilli and Gino Cappelletti and the crew they had. Lou Saban actually coached for them before coming to Buffalo.

New England is like a machine. I don't think they gloat or rub anybody's nose in it when they win. (I could be wrong on this). The Dolphins are in disarray and I predict the Bills will finish with a better record than them this year. I find it hard to get too mad at them these days. In my memory, anger at the Dolphins peaked when Jimmy Johnson was their coach, before he became a spokesman for "Male Performance Enhancement" pills. It's the Jets that get me angry these days. Their coach and quarterback are so smug and arrogant, I really would like to see the Bills wipe the smiles off their faces.

It is absolutely not the Pats. A rivalry needs competition, 1 for the last 21 is not competitive. I believe that the Miami rivalry has lost a lot over the past decade unfortunately. That leaves us with the Jets, and that has been our most competitive and meaningful division rival of the past decade.

This brings me to a thought I have had often over the past 4-5 seasons. We belong in the AFC North. The 'Rust belt' division with Cleavland, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh. It makes sense in all ways except historically, and after a decade of suck, historical rivalries is all we really have. I say switch us out with Baltimore(I know, their rivalry with Pit is good, but didn't Indy/NE get better after realignment?) and all sides would learn to love these new rivalries.

Edited by RichmondRob

When we beat the Pats*, I'm going to take the next day off from work to recover from the celebration. However, the team I see as the most competitive and disliked opponent in the last decade would have to be the Jets. Both teams have gone through ups and downs with a good chance of either outcome on Sunday. At the same time, the Jets have been far more annoying than the Fish.

If we could win a few games, I'd love to say the Pats*, but until they stop looking at the Bills as 2 easy wins each year, its the Jets.

After watching Tom Brady last night I am convinced that he is a robot. Obviously, there is a very limited personality ... he married a plastic woman ... it seems he just spins and throws completions that are in the air for mere seconds ... I really detest BRADY and the PATRIOTS and BELICHICK and am starting to realize that after totally hating the Miami Dolphins most of my life that I really am savoring a victory or two over the Pats more than the Dolphins. Maybe it is because the Dolphins have made themselves meaningless (They have no fan base, their team has sucked almost as badly as we have, and Bills' players don't seem to sense a big rivalry with them.).

So, my question is ... what team do you feel is now the BILLS' biggest rival? The team you hate and love to see lose games?

Is it still the DOLPHINS (SQUISH THE FISH) or has it become the PATRIOTS? Or the JETS? Or some non-division team?

What's funny is that the Patriots remind me a lot, and I mean A LOT of the Dan Marino era Dolphins. All passing, no defense, no running game.

To me, the Bills look to have a much more balanced team. However, Tom Brady plays like Dan Marino on steriods.

I can only hate the ones who own me. The patriots are The Enemy. Oh sure i have an extreme dislike for the jets. Miami is not even on the field though.

patriots are the ones who have demoralized afc east teams. I say this is a good year to impart a decent sized crack in the Bellechuck mechanical statue.

Win one of two. Maybe jets and or Miami give them a scare and cause worry. But it will fall to us to topple the Evil giant. A swift kick in the nuts to the jets on the way is fine by me.

I think this is pretty much true. Down here in NC, Tar Heel fans feel that way about NC State (I'm talking basketball). State fans absolutely despise Carolina and call us their biggest rival, but we look at them with a sense of pity -- as if to say, "let us know when you think you can be a little competitive, ok?"

Carolina-Dook, on the other hand, is an unbelievable rivalry because it ebbs and flows between the two schools on a yearly basis.

There has to be some sort of balance for a true rivalry to exist.

I would just like to say, new coach, new season, this is our year! (Wolfpack fan here)

I agree though. I am a Wolfpack fan and really don't consider them to have a main rival. Sure, it's nice to beat Carolina or Duke (or even stay close in a game), but it's been so long since being competitive that they aren't rivals. I would love for it to happen again, but it's going to take time.

That being said, the Bills are the same. Without being competitive they have no real rival. The Dolphins haven't been good either, so that has gone by the wayside. I would say I get the most pleasure from a possible Pats beat down. That's not because they are our rival, but because we haven't done it in sooooo long.

Edited by cowtippur