From Peter King...

webtoe

Coming Tuesday: The surprising Bills, plus a fan who just might inspire you.

What he said:

I told you the Bills are dangerous. I keep hearing reasons why a 34-point win at Kansas City is cheap. The Chiefs stink, they came out of the lockout unprepared, blah, blah, blah. Sorry. Not buying it. I don't care how bad the Chiefs looked this summer, and how awful they were Sunday. A 34-point road win in the NFL is a big deal. And watching the eminently underrated Ryan Fitzpatrick lead it, I'm convinced more than ever that Fitzpatrick has a chance -- a chance, now, not a guarantee -- to be a long-term starting quarterback in the NFL.

"Fitz is so smart,'' Chan Gailey told me. I guess he should be; he went to Harvard. "I can tell him anything once, and he executes exactly the way I want. You don't have to hammer things into him, he just gets it. And I don't know if he told you this, but he said this game was the first time he's ever finished by kneeling in the victory formation.''

What's impressive to me is how Fitzpatrick has taken a group of lightly regarded college receivers -- Stevie Johnson (seventh round, 2008), Donald Jones (undrafted, 2010), David Nelson (undrafted, 2010), Marcus Easley (fourth round, 2010), and tight end Scott Chandler, a waiver pickup from Dallas last season -- and merged them with veteran speedster Roscoe Parrish. All Fitzpatrick did in Kansas City was go 17 for 25 for 208 yards, with four touchdowns and no interceptions. "No one out there knows how talented those receivers are, but I do,'' said Fitzpatrick. "I know they can perform on this level.'' As, we're finding out, so can Fitzpatrick.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/09/13/mail/index.html#ixzz1XrKXS1Z3

Still waiting on a national non-game story on Fitzpatrick that doesn't mention his Harvard connection. King couldn't help himself yet again.

Impossible. Like taking the Coe College out of a Fred Jackson profile....ain't gonna happen. You have to remember, to the national media, it's like introducing Fitzy to the world everytime they write about him.

"And I don't know if he told you this, but he said this game was the first time he's ever finished by kneeling in the victory formation."

Like whoa, Scoob.

Yeah, that's what King says Gailey told him, but Fitz said he told his teammates -while wearing a ball cap on the sidelines in the 4th quarter that this is the first time in his career he was pulled from a game -and it was a good thing!

wow I misread this quote

how Fitzpatrick has taken a group of lightly regarded college receivers
...I thought it said '..slightly retarded...'...i almost spit out my beer when i read what I thought I read..... :oops: