Ok, who gets your game ball?

92 members have voted

1. 1. Game ball?

• Ryan Fitzpatrick (208 yds, 4 TD, 0 INT)
    • Fred Jackson (112 yards, general beast)
    • Scott Chandler (63 yrds, 2 TD in first game as starting TE)
    • Stevie Johnson (66 yds, TD)
    • Bryan Scott (8 solo tackles, 3 for loss, and 1 sack)
    • Demetrius Bell (Tamba who-li?)
    • Marcell Dareus (dictated line of scrimmage in 1st NFL game)
    • Drayton Florence (1 INT and blanket coverage all game)

Has to be Freddie. It took our passing game a while to get going, but we were still able to move the ball thanks to his excellent running. The guy is so shifty and so great at finding holes, it's amazing. The line blocks the same for him and Spiller, but the difference is night and day when it comes to their vision and timing.

I asked this in the ShoutBox last night, and we ended up with "The whole team".

I like the Gailey idea. The biggest difference between the Bills and Chiefs was that we were prepared and hungry to win.

Todd Haley said it himself in his postgame: http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center/videos/From-the-Podium-Todd-Haley/71ba94c5-46ea-4a40-86b3-ff40480fca17

Sage, got to agree that Bryan Scott had an awesome game, as did several other DB. Byrd looked like a new man and who is this Wilson guy?

Overall, though, Freddy gets my game ball. He got the tough yards. He got decent yards time after time behind the same run blocking where Spiller got buried.

And he did it over and over and over again. Then he caught passes. Then he blocked, and blocked well.

So my game ball goes to Freddy Jackson.

I also ended up giving my game ball to Fred Jackson. I felt he played about as good a game as Thurman in his prime would have played had he been the Bills' starting RB against the Chiefs. Any time a player does that, you have to think about giving him a game ball!

However, I also wanted to give the game ball to an offensive or defensive lineman, because both lines played so well against the Chiefs. I found myself tempted to vote for either Dareus or Bell. Then again, I also thought Fitz had a very good game, and the same could be said of the Bills' DBs. This was a very tough call, even though Freddy had a great game!

Thanks for all the votes and replies, fellas. Seems like Freddie has the most vocal support but Fitzy is winning the ballot. Of course, you can't really argue against anybody after that game.

Like I said, I'll be sure to post one of these polls after each victory (so hopefully 19 of them :beer: ). Maybe hard-fought losses too. If we look good and drop a tough game by a field goal, I see no problem in naming a recipient.

I thought about making Chan an option on the poll but I think the concept of adding things up at the end of the season worked better if it was confined to the players on the field.

Gotta give it to Freddy. He just wouldn't be denied in this game. Very tough running and never gets stopped for loss. Fitz played very well but I keep thinking about those few terrible passes. Should of probably had another TD, that slant to Stevie was an awful pass and he bounced a few others. I can't hate that much though, he had some great plays out there and is very poised.

Props to Gailey too getting some revenge on them.