Who thinks the Bills aren't better than last year?

I would like to hear from the people that don't think this team is any better than the Dick Jauron teams because DJ had them at 7-9, and ChaNix only had them at 4-12. There were plenty of them out there, and I would like to collect them all in one spot. The "bottom-liners", the guys that can't see improvement if the record isn't better.

Now is the time to hold your ground, please sign on!

This is what we have been waiting for. We've gotten better pretty consistently since Chan took over. We can compete with anyone now if we're healthy.

Yep, even before the game today, when I was driving into work on Friday I heard Colin Cowherd talking about how the Bills had become a very competitive team late in the year last season. He had Schlereth and someone else on there and they were agreeing. Being competitive week in and week out is the interim step toward becoming a playoff caliber team, and I think we're just about there. If we can blow out a playoff team from last season in their own place, we're ready to put some wins together and build from there.

I agree. But where are the guys that thought this team wasn't even as good as last year, that sensed no improvement, and claimed that the DJ teams were better because they had better records? Those guys were pissing me off with their "bottom line" crap. Hard nuts that essentially say "I won't say they are good until they win a Super Bowl" or some such nonsense. These kind of "experts" are all over this board. How much insight is needed to judge a team that has already won the Super Bowl?

I'll step up and eat crow. I thought we would be terrible this year. Just, horrifyingly bad. That's obviously not the case. Go Chan, go Buddy!

Thanks for stepping up, classy move.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

I would like to hear from the people that don't think this team is any better than the Dick Jauron teams because DJ had them at 7-9, and ChaNix only had them at 4-12. There were plenty of them out there, and I would like to collect them all in one spot. The "bottom-liners", the guys that can't see improvement if the record isn't better.

Now is the time to hold your ground, please sign on!

Really? Week 1 "is the time" to say they are better than last year?

They looked great today, but can't we see how is goes before you start calling everyone out? Just enjoy it.

I'd say the same thing I did before last season-this team could have a worse record than Jauron's last bunch, but still be a better team. It's just in the nature of the way Jauron coached. I still don't like a lot of what they do as a franchise, but rating them below the boring, brittle, spineless, clueless, dickless wonder of a team they fielded 2 years ago is ridiculous.

Are there actually people that said last year's team was worse than Jauron's purely because of the W-L record? That's straight up stupid.

Really? Week 1 "is the time" to say they are better than last year?

They looked great today, but can't we see how is goes before you start calling everyone out? Just enjoy it.

:huh:

That's the point!!

All off-season we bicker about what they should do, and there are people that refuse to believe they are getting better, and shoot down anyone that points to improvements.

That's why I wanna see the people that don't think they have improved. Anyone can say "yeah, they're better" after they win a bunch of games.

I'd say the same thing I did before last season-this team could have a worse record than Jauron's last bunch, but still be a better team. It's just in the nature of the way Jauron coached. I still don't like a lot of what they do as a franchise, but rating them below the boring, brittle, spineless, clueless, dickless wonder of a team they fielded 2 years ago is ridiculous.

Are there actually people that said last year's team was worse than Jauron's purely because of the W-L record? That's straight up stupid.

MANY!!

Edited by Matthews' Bag

That's the point!!

All off-season we bicker about what they should do, and there are people that refuse to believe they are getting better, and shoot down anyone that points to improvements.

That's why I wanna see the people that don't think they have improved. Anyone can say "yeah, they're better" after the win a bunch of games.

MANY!!

That's the point!!

That's why I wanna see the people that don't think they have improved. Anyone can say "yeah, they're better" after they win a bunch of games.

MANY!!

Well, yeah, that's the point. If they get blown out the next 3 weeks are you still saying how much better they are?

They're better ...but its one game after a decade of irrelevance. Lets keep things in perspective.

So keep the question the perspective - the question was not are they winning the AFCE this tyear - the question was - are they better than last year.

There were mindlessly negative comments all over this board the last few weeks insisting that the Bills were in the hunt for the #1 pick, their OL sux, none of the Bills OL could make another roster, Bell is junk, Nix and Gailey are old, we needed Evans, etc. and they had not improved - blah blah blah.

Anyone who was on that side of the discussion either understands they were at least a little wrong now or is in near-psychotic denial at this point.

Well, yeah, that's the point. If they get blown out the next 3 weeks are you still saying how much better they are?

If they end up sucking I am ready to eat crow, and say I don't know what I'm talking about, but isn't the point to take a position BEFORE the games are played?

How difficult is it to declare them better/worse after the season? I would like to see how firmly entrenched the naysayers are, and after a blowout win is a good time to check how firmly entrenched the naysayers are.

I don't feel they have accomplished much yet, that's not the kind of point I'm trying to make.

So keep the question the perspective - the question was not are they winning the AFCE this tyear - the question was - are they better than last year.

There were mindlessly negative comments all over this board the last few weeks insisting that the Bills were in the hunt for the #1 pick, their OL sux, none of the Bills OL could make another roster, Bell is junk, Nix and Gailey are old, we needed Evans, etc. and they had not improved - blah blah blah.

Anyone who was on that side of the discussion either understands they were at least a little wrong now or is in near-psychotic denial at this point.

Thanks. But I'm not even asking are they better than last year, so much as trying to get the negative jerks to stick with their opinions BEFORE a bunch of games have been played and the improvement of the team is obvious. By then the naysayers will be hard to find!

Edited by Matthews' Bag

GREAT victory today.

BUT, I'm not going to claim the team is better until I See a couple more regular season games. Right now though, it's looking like they most definitely are. :D

That's weak. Have some balls. Isn't the point of this forum to show your understanding of the NFL, how a team is built,etc. After a bunch of games ANYONE can say , "yep, better".

Do you judge a weatherman by how accurate he forecasts the weather, or how well he says "yes folks, it's raining"?

It was obvious the Bills were better than last year before today's game. Whether they're a good team remains to be seen, however.

There are plenty that won't even admit THAT much.

I haven't claimed that they have PROVEN anything!

Edited by Matthews' Bag

If they end up sucking I am ready to eat crow, and say I don't know what I'm talking about, but isn't the point to take a position BEFORE the games are played?

How difficult is it to declare them better/worse after the season? I would like to see how firmly entrenched the naysayers are, and after a blowout win is a good time to check how firmly entrenched the naysayers are.

I don't feel they have accomplished much yet, that's not the kind of point I'm trying to make.

Thanks. But I'm not even asking are they better than last year, so much as trying to get the negative jerks to stick with their opinions BEFORE a bunch of games have been played and the improvement of the team is obvious. By then the naysayers will be hard to find!

You are mocking guys who took positions (different from yours) before the games were played and yet you are demanding they do so now.

I think they looked much better today than at any time last year. But if they can't sustain quality play for the season then how are they better?