I'm gonna slap the snot out of the next person

stevestojan

Give me a frigging break..

Classic Trap game? Sure, it's a game that can easily be looked past since SF sucks. But I really think the least of our worries is a "trap" game. This teams knows they have to win EVERY game, and have done that up to this point. Why wasn't the Brown's game a trap? The team didn't seem to mind beating the balls out of them.

SF is really, honestly THAT bad. And I know "Any Given Sunday", yadda yadda yadaa, but they are really, ... I mean really bad.

They are a -16 in turnoevers.

We are are +7 (holy crap - we're a plus? :unsure: )

Their defense allows 28 points per game... 2nd worst in the league. And that's with playing New Orleans, Chicago, Miami, and Arizone(twice)!

If we can't beat them, as cliche as this sounds, we don't deserve to be playing post season football.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty ironic that you dont want to hear the phrase, but then put forth the EXACT line of thinking that defines it.

It is a trap game. PERFECT definition of it. But being that the overall mindset of this club has been "WIN OUT" since Thanksgiving, their heads should be just fine in San Fran.

Pretty ironic that you dont want to hear the phrase, but then put forth the EXACT line of thinking that defines it.

169752[/snapback]

Exactly... some think its a trap because we shouldn't take it too lightly..

That would only hold true if SF stood even a CHANCE against us.

They don't.

Unless the team plane goes down on the way to SanFran, we will win. I guarentee it.

How's that for prodding the bear?

Give me a frigging break..

Classic Trap game?  Sure, it's a game that can easily be looked past since SF sucks. But I really think the least of our worries is a "trap" game. This teams knows they have to win EVERY game, and have done that up to this point. Why wasn't the Brown's game a trap? The team didn't seem to mind beating the balls out of them.

SF is really, honestly THAT bad. And I know "Any Given Sunday", yadda yadda yadaa, but they are really, ... I mean really bad.

They are a -16 in turnoevers.

We are are +7 (holy crap - we're a plus? :lol: )

Their defense allows 28 points per game...  2nd worst in the league. And that's with playing New Orleans, Chicago, Miami,  and Arizone(twice)!

If we can't beat them, as cliche as this sounds, we don't deserve to be playing post season football.

169731[/snapback]

:doh:

I wonder if there is an innovative, non-classic, out-of-the-blue trap game?

"Trap" games remind me of the phrase that was bandied about for 20 years - "one day at a time". OK..don't plan for the future...you'll be bettter for it. :unsure:

TRAP GAME!

Why wasn't the Brown's game a trap? The team didn't seem to mind beating the balls out of them.

It was a trap game, this team is just too well-coached to fall into the trap.

Just like this coming weekend.....

You'd better eat your Wheaties and start throwing some iron before you start contemplating slapping people.  There are some rather robust people that frequent this place.

Just some friendly advice.

169756[/snapback]

Mike, first it was a joke.

Second, I am not concerned about anyone's robust-ness...

If someone referred to themselves as robust I really wouldn't be concerned either.

169778[/snapback]

Well, I'm quite "robust" (:unsure:) myself, and more importantly, if someone got upset about me saying i would slap them here on TBD, they are probably so busy inflating their girlfriend, I doubt they would have time to get "robust"...

This game against SF will be the easiest game we´ve had in the last few years. It´ll be very much like the game against New Orleans on the road a few years ago where RJ looked like a NFL QB...

Heck, Shaud Williams might have 100 yds on the ground against this sorry bunch.

Man I've heard "trap game" for the past month. First Miami was a trap game because they had a new coach and it was on the road. Then Cleveland was a trap game because THEY had a new coach. Then Cincinnati was a trap game because they were pissed after losing to New England and Kitna was playing*. Now SF is a trap game because we're overconfident and we might already be in a win-out-and-we're-in situation.

I fully expect some assclown to call Pittsburgh a trap game by this time next Monday.

* You know, I haven't done the research, but I bet some of the same people who were saying last week that we were in trouble because the veteran Kitna was playing posted today and said the win was misleading because Cincy was missing its starting QB. :unsure:

I don't think it's a trap game this weekend.

In my opinion, a trap game is against a team that can beat you if you're not prepared - right now, maybe KC, Tennessee or even Miami.

SF is firing blanks, it Christmas weekend, they are at home with their families and have nothing to play for, the coach is waiting to get fired and the owners are too cheap to buy him out. SF mails this one in.

In summary, SF isn't good enough to run a trap play, forget about them winning a trap game.