WMD Defense -- Williams Merriman Dareus

Kelly the Dog

Thought this deserved its own thread as it could have gotten lost in the sauce.

WMD, or Weapons of Mass Destruction, is a pretty darn good nickname as long as Williams Merriman Dareus live up to the billing.

One thing that Nix and Gailey should be given credit for is bringing in big, tough, nasty, fiery, emotional leaders, especially on defense. Merriman, Dareus, Barnett, Sheppard, Morrison, A Williams, all fit that mold (although Barnett is not big, he plays big and hits like a truck). It's a huge difference in previous players and attitude. We got rid of some soft players and brought in big tough guys. Add the weight that Carrington and Troupe put on and we are going to hit some people.

Hopefully, that transfers to the scoreboard, but I am excited for the defense. Merriman and Dareus look like killers. W should benefit from the attention M and D will garner.

KC will be a nice little starting test with the good run game, on the road, in a tough stadium. But let's go WMD!

Kudos to stony for the nick, if he thought of it. ;)

Thought this deserved its own thread as it could have gotten lost in the sauce.

WMD, or Weapons of Mass Destruction, is a pretty darn good nickname as long as Williams Merriman Dareus live up to the billing.

One thing that Nix and Gailey should be given credit for is bringing in big, tough, nasty, fiery, emotional leaders, especially on defense. Merriman, Dareus, Barnett, Sheppard, Morrison, A Williams, all fit that mold (although Barnett is not big, he plays big and hits like a truck). It's a huge difference in previous players and attitude. We got rid of some soft players and brought in big tough guys. Add the weight that Carrington and Troupe put on and we are going to hit some people.

Hopefully, that transfers to the scoreboard, but I am excited for the defense. Merriman and Dareus look like killers. W should benefit from the attention M and D will garner.

KC will be a nice little starting test with the good run game, on the road, in a tough stadium. But let's go WMD!

Kudos to stony for the nick, if he thought of it. ;)

I'm pretty sure I saw someone use the WMD idea a few weeks ago, but kudos to stony for bringing it back to life.

Compile your own All-Star worst Bills Starting DL: The McPEW line

Mike McBath

Walt Patulski

Earl Edwards

Waddy Harvey

Or the PAC-TAK Line

Jerry Patton

Al Cowlings

Bob Tatarek

Mike Kadish

Not quite understanding the theme, GL. I see the acronym but I'm sure in the long undistinguished history of our team there were worse D-lines than those.

Earl Edwards (#73) and Jerry Patton (#77) were pretty good players and so was Mike Kadish (#71).

Didn't Jeff Winans, Bob Kampa, and Jeff Yeates all start on the same line?

I'm pretty sure I saw someone use the WMD idea a few weeks ago, but kudos to stony for bringing it back to life.

Please dont take this the wrong way..... its kind of gay.... even those who know the real deal about wmd's don't talk much about it as its a no win situation.... maybe something about wreck mahiem & destruction.... thats pretty eak as well.. :oops:

I have no clue regarding the originality of the phrase. I hadn't heard of it's use prior to me using it. I sincerely, and respectively apologize to anyone who came up with it before me. If I didn't make it up, just enjoy the potential fun it might entail. Go Bills, and go WMD!!! Keep looking, you won't find a way to stop em...

Edited by stony

you wont be calling it"gay" when the defense is taking it to the other guys QB.or their running back has -3 yards on 20 carries. HOMOPHOBE!!!!

Well.. I really hope our boys stick it to the others guys qb's and sack them from behind!! the term i used was not meant to infer/imping on anyones orientation.... it just is what it is.... stop trying to be politically correct..... from wikipedia....

Most people in the gay community use "gay" only when talking about gay people. Outside the gay community, it is sometimes used as slang to mean something is weak, stupid, or less important. People sometimes say, "That is so gay!" to say something looks or acts stupid. People also use the word "queer" in the same way. Sometimes people also use this to mean something is very colorful. This is because of the stereotype that gay men are very interested in fashion, clothing, and interior design; another possibility is that people are still using the word in its original sense, as the word gay originally meant "fun" or "joyful". Sometimes even gay people themselves use the word this way. When they do this, they may not think the way they use "gay" means "about gay people"..... grow a pair nancy.. :thumbsup::nana:

Well.. I really hope our boys stick it to the others guys qb's and sack them from behind!! the term i used was not meant to infer/imping on anyones orientation.... it just is what it is.... stop trying to be politically correct..... from wikipedia....

Most people in the gay community use "gay" only when talking about gay people. Outside the gay community, it is sometimes used as slang to mean something is weak, stupid, or less important. People sometimes say, "That is so gay!" to say something looks or acts stupid. People also use the word "queer" in the same way. Sometimes people also use this to mean something is very colorful. This is because of the stereotype that gay men are very interested in fashion, clothing, and interior design; another possibility is that people are still using the word in its original sense, as the word gay originally meant "fun" or "joyful". Sometimes even gay people themselves use the word this way. When they do this, they may not think the way they use "gay" means "about gay people"..... grow a pair nancy.. :thumbsup::nana:

i am the farthest thing from "politicly correct".not racist or bigotted. i hate everyone equally.was just having fun with what you posted.so try not to be so sensitive,put on some village people and relax, "mary" :rolleyes: ps i have a pair :wacko:

Not quite understanding the theme, GL. I see the acronym but I'm sure in the long undistinguished history of our team there were worse D-lines than those.

Earl Edwards (#73) and Jerry Patton (#77) were pretty good players and so was Mike Kadish (#71).

Didn't Jeff Winans, Bob Kampa, and Jeff Yeates all start on the same line?

Probably a better way to go - pick the worst line that started together. Winans, Kampa and Yeates would certainly qualify as bad. Usually even babmd lines had a decent player or two.

There is a much deeper line up of bad Bills lines on offense.

Edited by Green Lightning