Pianalto claimed by Bucs

Astrobot

Interesting. Wonder if this opens up the spot for Roosevelt...

I think there has always been one spot left open on our PS. The TE Mike Caussin is on it but not Pianalto. Roosevelt could still be put there but we already have one WR in Aiken. I would imagine that an OL will be signed soon, as only one, Switzer, a OC, is there.

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog

I think there has always been one spot left open on our PS. The TE Mike Caussin is on it but not Pianalto. Roosevelt could still be put there but we already have one WR in Aiken. I would imagine that an OL will be signed soon, as only one, Switzer, a OC, is there.

Jasper has been switched to OL so now there are 2

I half wondered if keeping Pianalto was a bit of a ruse? I know it's a stretch, but maybe they wanted Caussin to make it to the PS and kept Pia knowing he'd be the first release casualty. Or maybe it's just the wine...?

I half wondered if keeping Pianalto was a bit of a ruse? I know it's a stretch, but maybe they wanted Caussin to make it to the PS and kept Pia knowing he'd be the first release casualty. Or maybe it's just the wine...?

It's possible, but how would they know that a good TE prospect would be released ahead of time?

It's possible, but how would they know that a good TE prospect would be released ahead of time?

Not saying that. I was suggesting that maybe they liked Caussin better and it was a way to hide him? It's a stretch for sure.

That said, and taking a peek at the Pats roster, it was pretty doubtful that the Pats would keep 4 TEs, and they weren't going to get rid of the 3 they kept. So I'd say the odds were pretty high that Smith was going to be let go, for any team that had their eye on him.