Not holding my breath, NGU

I didn't get that at all in regards to overdorf. I read essentially that he isn't the decision maker, but instead a guy that focuses on execution. Given parameters, his job is to excecute decisions that come from above his paygrade. Though don't doubt he is very much involved in the talks.

Yes Kelly. I would say that. Overdorf has no inout into what the team can or cannot afford. He does what he is told. Now could Ralph or Littman been invloved. Absolutely.

What? Who ever said he doesn't do exactly what he is told?

'He has no inout' 'He does what he is told.' What's not to "get"?

I'm not making any "leaps" here. He wrote what he wrote. Overdorf has no input and makes no decisions is precisely what was written.

BTW, there is a contradiction, and I am well aware of it. The person that negotiates the contracts unequivocally has input to the process. Overdorf is involved; I have no ambition to claim otherwise.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to edit. Should have never dignified this with a response. Not sure why I would get into it with someone like this in the first place. My bad.

Thank you. I was waiting for this.

I guess I would rather hear from somebody with the facts, as opposed to somebody without. The problem with the Bills is the size of the town, and the fact that everybody thinks they have the inside track, when it couldn't be clearer that nobody has any idea. When you read the local media, they are venomous in their attacks...which I always take as their reaction to feeling disrespected by the lack of access they get.

It shows in print, on radio, and in message boards.

The most important advice I was ever given was "You're not that important." I won't say I was able to comprehend that right away, but when I did, it was a valuable lesson. I don't think "jw" will be able to believe you may have spelled his name wrong accidentally...don't you know who he is?

I guess I would rather hear from somebody with the facts, as opposed to somebody without. The problem with the Bills is the size of the town, and the fact that everybody thinks they have the inside track, when it couldn't be clearer that nobody has any idea. When you read the local media, they are venomous in their attacks...which I always take as their reaction to feeling disrespected by the lack of access they get.

The most important advice I was ever given was "You're not that important." I won't say I was able to comprehend that right away, but when I did, it was a valuable lesson. I don't think "jw" will be able to believe you may have spelled his name wrong accidentally...don't you know who he is?

Great post.

This thread has been amusing, kind of like watching a cat fight in the high school cafeteria between two cheerleaders vying for the attention of the star quarterback. But it has gotten boring and I'd like to respond to your question before I drift away. For starters, how about your real name and what you do? That way you and John Wawrow are on equal footing when it comes to integrity and credibility. And by the way, his name is spelled W-A-W-R-O-W. There are only six characters in the name. That really isn't too difficult to remember.

Can't give you my name, but my job is post credible information for fans that want it.

So let's talk the future- any positions that might be targeted in the coming week? Who's going to the PS?

What's your guess- over or under 5.5 wins?

I actually deleted that advice out of one of the early posts in this thread regarding how meaningless the original fight was. Not directed to JW or ngu but the board in general and the idea that this single post didn't matter at all. In the end the thread has been good, although I think there's been more harm done then good in defending honor and reputation. Lots of insight into all levels of the bills that normally are danced around

Seriously? People on this board really have gone off the deepend bashing nevergiveup, he has done nothing, but give us information we would not have had over the years. A good number of you need therapists and stop the misdirected rage at a football team and anyone associated with it.

You deserve Jerry Sullivan.

Over the years NGU has posted information about forthcoming events that came true. That helps him build credibility.

Today he did nothing like that. He seemingly set out to attack the integrity of a fellow poster on the board, calling him out by his misspelled name. His reason seemed to be based on a misunderstanding of an article that had been written. That portion of the debate seems to be cleared up.

IMO his posts today seem to imply that finances had nothing to do with the Evans dump. He implies this by clearing Overdorf but not blaming another member of the financial team. We are supposed to believe the Evans move was for football reasons only. That is a joke.

Look, he has a lot of credibility to back up his statement about his own inside sources. Neither jw nor anyone else disputed that. The weird part is that he continues to attack jw for lack of specifics while at the same time leaving his own assertions implied instead of specific.

Can't give you my name, but my job is post credible information for fans that want it.

Do you have any credible information about the trade of Evans was initiated? If you can't share that can you at least share whether its initiation was based on football or finances?

Edited by ieatcrayonz

Never Give Up thanks as always for your information. Hearing your insights around draft time has been great, any objection to stopping by every once in while during the season to give us some information about what the organization is thinking?

I wouldn't if I were him - too many ungrateful, jealous douches on this board

By the way, maybe pull up a post where I have defended the organization. Tell you they would draft, who the coach would be, who the GM would be. You could probably find that. However I am not defending the organization. I guess legitimate information is not something you are interested in.

Legitimate information regarding the Bills is something we all are interested in. And I think I can safely say that all of us here sincerely appreciate your and JW's contributions. How many times has the NGU Bat Signal been lit?

It is however, kind of painful and disheartening to see this discourse between two valuable sources that we (I) respect. I hope you both work this out, stay and continue to contribute.

God, your dad sounds mean (and fast).

Over the years NGU has posted information about forthcoming events that came true. That helps him build credibility.

Today he did nothing like that. He seemingly set out to attack the integrity of a fellow poster on the board, calling him out by his misspelled name. His reason seemed to be based on a misunderstanding of an article that had been written. That portion of the debate seems to be cleared up.

IMO his posts today seem to imply that finances had nothing to do with the Evans dump. He implies this by clearing Overdorf but not blaming another member of the financial team. We are supposed to believe the Evans move was for football reasons only. That is a joke.

Look, he has a lot of credibility to back up his statement about his own inside sources. Neither jw nor anyone else disputed that. The weird part is that he continues to attack jw for lack of specifics while at the same time leaving his own assertions implied instead of specific.

Do you have any credible information about the trade of Evans was initiated? If you can't share that can you at least share whether its initiation was based on football or finances?

First of all I never said it was or wasn't a salary dump. What is wrong with people? Even if it was, it would have nothing to do with Overdorf. I don't know how to be any more specific than that. Salary is always a consideration for any team, but that is not how the deal was initiated. He didn't want to be here. It is young team with no hope for the playoffs and he wouldn't be here when they were ready any way. A 4th rounder is not enough, but they were not going to get any more. Why does there aways have to be a big mystery. I really have nothing else to provide on this topic. You can think whatever you want.

And no matter how you spell his name, he has no inside info. That is not an attack, it is just the way it is. He can still keep writing his stories and you can keep reading them. Everyone is hung up on the inside info term. I know how I define it, but you can define it however you like.

Sorry you can't provide your name. But please enlighten us -- give us the "post credible information" about your job (whatever that means).

Someone will catch you up.

Never Give Up thanks as always for your information. Hearing your insights around draft time has been great, any objection to stopping by every once in while during the season to give us some information about what the organization is thinking?

Probably not a good idea based on today.

Are you saying that Lee Evans initiated this by himself and he would be on the team if he didn't want out? Because that is what you just implied.

Kelly. I think I said it was part of the decision to move him. You don't automatically move a guy because he or his agent requests to be traded.