Not holding my breath, NGU

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NGU, there has been a lot of speculation on this board as to who you really are. No one has questioned your ability to provide inside information. But if you are who we think you are; someday you will play an important roll in the organization. That being said, this is not how you run a first class organization. If you are well connected as you seem to be, and have issues with JW, this is not the right place for that forum.

I have no issues with him. If he said that Overdorf "handled" that trade and that is all. I was wrong. It did get of track regardng the inside info. I am sorry I pointed that out. I should have just left that alone and you guys could just beleive whatever you want.

JW -

This is the kind of thing that's only making you look less professional. Disagree, point to the track record you have and move on. There's no need for these unexplained half stories to come out in this manner. You stick to your guns on professionalism and sourcing in every other thread and because one guy got under your skin your going to just throw stuff against the wall to try and prove yourself against him? It's the very thing I've admired you for not doing around here. What has this all accomplished for you? What is your hoped for end game in this thread?

to have my name spelled right out of respect.

unintentionally, by laying out some cards in this thread, i can say that NeverGiveUp isn't entirely in the loop on some things either given one of his responses.

but what do i know, given that NeverGiveup apparently knows what i know and don't know.

jw

Why would they kill a thread like this? Do they no want any legitimate information posted here? I guess I don't understand the dynamics.

OK, you got me! Now it's getting good.

Why doesn't jw just tell us exactly what he meant--was he reporting that Overdorf made the decision to trade Evans?

while we're on the topic of pinning blame to specific front office personnel (i quite like this game), anyone know who made an absolute mess of trading marshawn lynch (and why they didn't get fired for it?)?

Which part are you refferring to? There is alot to his story.

OK, you got me! Now it's getting good.

Why doesn't jw just tell us exactly what he meant--was he reporting that Overdorf made the decision to trade Evans?

Great question. Happy to apologize if he was not insinuating that Overdorf was legitimaltey behind the trade.

Yes Kelly. I would say that. Overdorf has no inout into what the team can or cannot afford. He does what he is told. Now could Ralph or Littman been invloved. Absolutely.

If that were the case, why would it not be possible that Littman went to Overdorf and said the same thing. We're not making as much as I would like. Last year was a down year. Find me 5-10 million over the next two years.

Overdorf then makes the decision on who would save what and makes his list.

to have my name spelled right out of respect.

unintentionally, by laying out some cards in this thread, i can say that NeverGiveUp isn't entirely in the loop on some things either given one of his responses.

but what do i know, given that NeverGiveup apparently knows what i know and don't know.

jw

Oh. I got one thing wrong? Now that is funny.

Great question. Happy to apologize if he was not insinuating that Overdorf was legitimaltey behind the trade.

The part where it may have been another bean counter and not our down home GM who made a football decision.

Why doesn't jw put this issue to rest?

I'm not sure how "access" equates to "inside" information.

Based on my experience, which includes speaking regularly to the press on behalf of my employer, it's difficult to believe anyone employed by a competent business (other than a whistleblower) would ever give inside info to a reporter.

But, then again, we're talking about the Bills...

If that were the case, why would it not be possible that Littman went to Overdorf and said the same thing. We're not making as much as I would like. Last year was a down year. Find me 5-10 million over the next two years.

That is not the way it happens Kelly. Littman does not need Overdorf to make a list for him.

Why are you so hung up on Overdorf? I dont care if it was Overdorf, Littman, or freaking Santa Claus, the FACT remains that the business people and bean counters in this organization have much more power and voice than the football side of the operation. Our record in the past 12 years reflects this. The ownership/inner circle is obviously concerned more about profit than winning, and its been put out to the public now. We have an actual move that doesn't make football sense but definitely puts $7 mil more in ralphie's pocket. THAT is why people are pissed and demand answers.

Man, you are REALLY stretching things trying to make your point.

The part where it may have been another bean counter and not our down home GM who made a football decision.

Why doesn't jw put this issue to rest?

Do you think that Lynch was a financial decision? That kid was a complete disaster. Should have never been drafted in the first place. The fact that he is still alive is a minor miracle.

I'm not sure how "access" equates to "inside" information.

Based on my experience, which includes speaking regularly to the press on behalf of my employer, it's difficult to believe anyone employed by a competent business (other than a whistleblower) would ever give inside info to a reporter.

But, then again, we're talking about the Bills...

This is a great point. A reporter only "knows" what someone has decided to tell him. Being inside a locker room doesn't make a reporter an insider.

there certainly is a lot to it, take it from the beginning if ya like, lots of unanswered questions.

was spiller drafted to get rid of lynch or was lynch dumped because spiller was drafted? why didn't they trade him sooner? any truth to the report that they didn't bother to shop him before giving him away to the hawks - when the saints (and probably others) were ready to pay more if they got a call?

Why are you so hung up on Overdorf? I dont care if it was Overdorf, Littman, or freaking Santa Claus, the FACT remains that the business people and bean counters in this organization have much more power and voice than the football side of the operation. Our record in the past 12 years reflects this. The ownership/inner circle is obviously concerned more about profit than winning, and its been put out to the public now. We have an actual move that doesn't make football sense but definitely puts $7 mil more in ralphie's pocket. THAT is why people are pissed and demand answers.

I don't disagree with that and I am not a big Overdorf fan for the record. Just was trying to help you place the blame properly in this case.